“Great appetizers & spicy entrees” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mandarin Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #76 of 159 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Chinese
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great appetizers & spicy entrees”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

My favorite Chinese restaurant. I have eaten there often: the best potstickers and General Tso's Chicken in central Wisconsin and beyond. (I often try a Chinese cuisine in places I am visiting.) They have an excellent chef so when I have tried an unfamiliar dish I have not been disappointed. Friendly servers, relaxed atmosphere. Not the fanciest Chines restaurant in the area but the best.

Visited August 2014

Stevens Point, Wisconsin
“Mandarin is not your normal bland Asian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

Hello,
While I have had better egg rolls and crab Rangoons, the main dishes had nice favors. I am speaking of the noon buffet. Each dish had an unique flavor.

The staff is attentive, friendly, and professional.

A good price for good food.

wayne iNWI

• Visited August 2014
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Favorite Chinese in Wausau!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have never been disappointed with Mandarin. I have eaten in the restaurant for the lunch buffet and ordered delivery, in all cases they have exceeded my expectations. Their food seems very fresh and I understand they do not use MSG! In my experience, most Chinese restaurants seem to serve a bunch of dishes that taste exactly the same, salty with little other flavor and like they are all coming from the same big pot in the back...Mandarin's dishes are always full of flavor and seem to be made fresh when you order. Their service is great, on many occasions (both in restaurant and delivery) I seem to get the same server/delivery driver. I'm not sure of his name but he is great and always very friendly.

• Visited March 2014
“Great food and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

Have eaten many times at Mandarin. The food is always well prepared and tasty. We have never had a bad meal. The head waiter Sergio is a great asset to the restaurant. He is very personable and shows interest in what you talk about. What is surprising is his memory of what you ordered the last time you were there. The Mandarin has an outside screened in veranda along side the Wisconsin River which is a neat place to be seated at when the weather allows. The other great things about the Mandarin is that they do not use MSG and they deliver food. Its our favorite Chinese food place in Wausau!