Jefferson Street Inn
US$59
QualityInn
US$156
Hotels.com
Days Inn & Suites Wausau(Wausau)(Great Value!)
US$78
Courtyard Wausau(Wausau)
US$163
US$152
La Quinta Inn Wausau(Wausau)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$123
US$169
Agoda.com
1,202 results
All reviewscity grillaveda productsluxury suitewithin walking distancemini barparking rampgreat restaurantheart of downtownwedding receptionexcellent hotelcontinental breakfastplace to staybusiness tripnice roomstarbucks coffeecomfortable roomsenjoyed my stay
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed at JSI (as the locals call it!!) Wausau from Sep to Nov 2011 for a business trip. JSI was the home away from home. Excellently maintained, polite and helpful staff and located in the central down town section; what more could I have asked for. JSI is actually a prominent landmark in the down town area and is situated right next to the shopping mall with stores like JC Penny and Sears. As I was staying alone, it was a blessing that JSI was situated right in the down town area which enabled me to take lesiurely walks around the hotel (even late in nights). JSI has a pool (a bit small) and a good gym. It boasts of its own Bistro called the "City Grill" and the food was awesome. The hotel is an ideal place to stay for business travellers, couples and families with kids. The best part of the JSI is it's suites. Suites have their own kicthenette, hot tub with jacuzzi, dish washer, micro wave and all the other comforts to make you feel at home. The living room and the bedroom both have electronic fire place and are an absolute delight when it starts to get cold in Wausau. The hotel provides airport shuttle and has tie up with various organizations/companies to whom they extend the shuttle for office pick up and drop as well. Horst is the person who will normally take you around Wausau in the JSI shuttle and is absolutely gem of a person. I received a lot of helpful tips from him. Jeff and Maggie at the reception desk were always helpful and very prompt in providing any required support. Vending machines and ice machines are well maintained. As I was staying for more than 30 days, the rates were negotiated to a lower rate by AMEX traveldesk. I did not have a car of my own but some of the people complained about parking as JSI is in down town. Might be a good idea to call and confirm prior to your arrival. I did get free WIFI and complimentary breakfast.Overall, an excellent place to stay. I would be going back soon to JSI!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This is a beautiful hotel right in the downtown area of Wausau. The people at the reception desk were welcoming and friendly. They gave us coupons for breakfast even though we didn't book breakfast with our stay. There is coffee in the lobby. City Grill is the restaurant attached to Jefferson Street Inn where breakfast was served. Nothing special about their breakfast but the restaurant itself is gorgeous. The rooms are very spacious and clean. They have a fully stocked bar and goodies you can purchase in each room. It was very quiet and the rate for the night was so reasonable. Have stayed at other places in Wausau but this one we will be back for sure. They also have a indoor swimming pool which we didn't use. Highly highly recommend this place for its service and rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

From the moment we checked in, until the time we checked out I was impressed with the staff at this hotel. The front desk staff is friendly, engaging and downright fun! The manager assigned to our Friday meeting couldn't have been more accommodating. It can be difficult dealing with the needs of a bunch of women but he always had a smile on his face and if he was getting annoyed, we never noticed.

Our overnight room was spacious and clean and was very reasonably priced. The hotel seemed to be quite busy but we never heard any sound from the hallway or other rooms.

I hope to get back to Wausau soon and this would be the only hotel I would consider staying at!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I have stayed at this hotel one other time, about 3 years ago, when I took my kids to a ballet at the Grand Theater. You cannot beat the location for just parking your car (parking is free in the small lot outside if you can find a space or in the parking garage connected to building by a sky-walk) I returned because we had spring fever and my kids wanted to go to the Wausau Mall, which is right next door to the building. This hotel has a lot of pluses. I walked in without a reservation and was greeted by a very professional young man, Tony, who gave me a two-room suite for a great price. The room we had was a King suite. The room's are clean, and nicely decorated. A little small for 5 people even with the two rooms but not bad at all. Each side had a little "fireplace", not even sure if it's a gas fireplace, or just a fake fireplace. King size bed was comfortable, pull-out was comfortable. Beds and bedding were clean and did not seem worn or old. One disadvantage is only tub was a jacuzzi tub which was out in the room, so I never got a chance to take a soak, because I was not there for romance, I had teenagers with me! The room had a short wall "kitchen" with a little fridge, microwave, and sink. Had dishes for 2, and salt and pepper. We had a really nice view of the mountain. The staff was awesome. The pool is small but adequate and fun. The only other complaints I would have is that when I called down to front desk to ask for an ATM I was told there wasn't one but a bit down the block but there IS an ATM in the building. The building is sort of a maze, connected to offices and little shops (for safety you need a room card to get up to the 3 and 4th floor via elevator to the rooms area) and there is an ATM in the area by the shops. Another strange thing is the fact that when my adventurous children found this ATM and took me there, we discovered a Mexican restaurant nestled in the center of this "Mall". Nobody mentioned this place to me when I checked in, there are no signs, and there was no guide in the room to direct me to even their own restaurant, The City Grill. Which brings me to the worst part of our stay-on Sunday morning, we got up and we wanted to splurge, just hang out until check-out and order room service. There was no menu in room so we went on the website, I had the kids write down what they wanted and pressed the button on the phone that connects you to the City Grill. The gal told me they didn't do room service on Sundays, and then told me the menu online wasn't updated. After I agreed to come down and get the food, she then told me to hold and came back and said they WOULD do room service after all. I should have known I was getting myself into something unpleasant! I paid $47 plus a tip (the gal that brought up the food was sweet) and the food was absolutely un-edible. The hash browns were burnt on the outside and like mashed potatoes on the inside, the omelets were dry, the pancakes were dry and flavorless. It was a very disappointing and expensive mistake. But the mall doesn't open until 11 on Sundays (where you might be able to get something to eat, not sure) and there is no McDonald's nearby. But the downtown area is really nice-we loved Janke Books, the Talent Shop (though we were followed around by a suspicious older lady as if we were thieves!), Downtown Grocery has wonderful health food- and we ate Saturday at the Mint Cafe, which was a decent cafe breakfast with an awesome super friendly waitress and excellent prices. That is what I recommend for breakfast or bring your own and use your mini kitchen if you have a suite! Friday night we had Chinese from Chang's which is within walking distance-just a stone's throw- and they deliver and it was excellent, and Saturday we had pizza hut deliver. We didn't get to try the paint-your-own pottery place which we will do next visit!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
jsi-6500, General Manager at Jefferson Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Thank you for your comments, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and where impressed with the staff! We strive for a high level of customer service. I will share your comments with the City Grill we are in the process of making several changes to the breakfast process to improve guest satisfaction. We hope that you will return to the Jefferson Street Inn on our next trip to the Wausau area. All the best, Debbie

Reviewed 9 March 2011

This is what I sent to the GM at the Jefferson Street Inn:

I am sending this to you to thank you and your staff for a wonderful time at your hotel the week of February 21. My three kids and my wife took our first family ski trip to Granite Peak and things couldn't have gone better.

I wanted to recognize a couple of people that really showed us some great hospitality. Tony was the person I talked to on the phone when making the reservation and I met him at the front desk the evening of our second night at the hotel. He was very friendly and helpful and helped to make the stay very enjoyable. He also provided us with some extra pillows and blankets to help us sleep better.

The second person I wanted to recognize served us breakfast on Tuesday and Wednesday morning and her name was Kate. She was friendly as well and took good care of us during our stay. She was also very attentive to the needs of our three teenage children.

All in all, the skiing was great, the stay was great, and your staff was great. We would definitely return to your hotel in the future.

Thanks for all that you did for me and my family.

Have a great week.