“Love the Jefferson”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Wausau
A TripAdvisor Member
“Love the Jefferson”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We have stayed here as a family several times since 2010 mostly mid December. This year we had a lovely time as usual, however, I realized I left my new expensive make up bag in the room falter we returned home. I called and was told they would check the room the next day and call me. Sadly it was not found. I know I left it there...but these things happen. I didn't care for being told that "it would never happen here" as if I were wrong somehow. Anyway we really do enjoy how nice it is to stay here and that our daughters dog is welcome. Most employees are very pleasant. Just the one with a poor customer attitude.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Buffalo Grove
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The Jefferson Street Inn is a great place to stay with kids. My son and my husband used the pool and enjoyed it. The hotel room was definitely well-appointed. We chose the hotel for its location. We parked our car and didn't use it for two days. So convenient to walk everywhere. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed here on an overnight trip for business, wish it would have been the whole week! Upon arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The lobby was nice and warm and there was even fruit to munch on. Check in time was at 3pm but if available you can ask the desk for an early check in. One wasn't available when I was there but they said they would text or call when the room was ready, super awesome! To kill time I went to all the shops downtown, what a variety! They have the mall just next to the hotel and then they have their downtown area with much much more. I didn't even have to move my car from the hotel lot! I got into the room and I was impressed! The beds were great, very comfy, lots of pillows and the room was spacious. There was even a mini bar! $5.00 for a drink and $2.00 for snacks, not bad! The room had a refrigerator and a microwave so my leftovers from dinner didn't go to waste. There was a coffee maker and an assortment of coffees and teas to chose from as well. The hotel also featured a gym and a pool which I didn't get to use, but next time I will! Check out was smooth and then I was on my way. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
jsi-6500, General Manager at Jefferson Street Inn, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return! All the best, Debbie
Racine
Reviewed 13 December 2013

The one exception to the excellent stay status is the decline in quality of the food in the Grill. I have stayed at your hotel before, and found the food to be very good. The decline was obvious this last stay. I was with two other people and neither of us liked our food.

1 Thank Kim P
Menasha
Reviewed 10 December 2013

The downtown location is ideal for anyone interested in shopping. Lots of shops and a mall right next door. The one downfall of the location is you have to pay for parking. The hotel is clean and service is excellent. There is a pool, but be aware it is a postage stamp pool. Good for kids, but not so ideal for adults trying to get some exercise. Overall the value is very good for a hotel located right in downtown,

1 Thank Andrea B
Glad to hear you enjoyed our stay! Your are right the shop downtown are amazing, I don't know if you are aware that many of them have the owners working in them daily to create a great selection of items and a special experience for the guests.

We look forward to your return visit. All the best, Debbie
Chassell, Michigan
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed a night at the Jefferson Street Inn to do some Holiday Shopping. We had a wonderful stay. Location was great - right next to the mall. An assortment of dining and sprits were found all with in walking distance. We felt safe walking the area around the hotel. Room was clean and up to date. We used the pool and it was small but in great shape and warm. Breakfast was the basic yogurt, bagel, oatmeal, fruit but it was set up well and had a friendly lady running it. Only difficulty we had was we would get turned around while walking around the hotel but we got the hang of it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Hurley
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Thanks for a great stay, i enjoyed the customer service as well as the incredible rooms and accommodations. I was surprised by the great location in downtown Wausau. I have never stayed in the town before and really enjoyed my time there. The proximity to great restaurants was convenient.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share our experience at the Jefferson Street Inn! We look forward to your return visit. All the best, Debbie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
#8 of 10 in Wausau
Stewart Inn
Stewart Inn
#3 of 10 in Wausau

Been to Jefferson Street Inn? Share your experiences!