The location is right in the center of Wausau. Tons of shops and restaurants are right outside the door. It was also a one block walk to the library where I had an event. Very close to the town green too. Great great area to walk around.
The hotel has a lovely lobby and restaurant. We had dinner there. Highly recommend it for dinner. The food was really amazing. I had the seared ahi tuna and the chicken piccata. We skipped the continental breakfast and went out for eggs nearby the next morning though.
The lobby is lovely. Parking is in the lot or nearby garage. Very convenient.
Check in didn't go quite so smoothly. I was given a room that wasn't ready. When I got there the room was in the process of being cleaned. I had to trek all my luggage back to the lobby and get a room that was ready. The maid was extremely nice and really tried to help, but I was crunched for time and had to get a new room ASAP to get ready for my event. The front desk did apologize and gave me free appetizers at the restaurant. So that helped.
My key card repeatedly deactivated. The front desk said this was because it cannot go near my phone or credit cards, but I had no pockets so that was rather annoying.
The wi-fi is free but pretty awful. Constantly dropping the connection.
The bathroom was luxurious as was the room. My view looked out on the library. The room was spacious as was the bathroom.
I'd definitely stay here again. It was a great hotel for the price. Incredibly clean and very comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Jefferson Street Inn is downtown Wausau's full service, luxury hotel featuring 100 suites and executive guest rooms. Pamper yourself in our warm, inviting surroundings. Unwind in your personal whirlpool bath, then slip into one of our cozy robes and relax on our pillow-top beds by the fireplace in your suite. Jefferson Street Inn is located in the heart of downtown Wausau, adjacent to the historic Washington Square shopping center. Jefferson Street Inn is a full service luxury hotel that offers sophisticated accommodations and suites, all rooms include microwaves, mini fridges, coffee makers with Starbucks coffee, Aveda amenities, large desk area and impeccable customer service. At Jefferson Street Inn, you'll enjoy a vacation in close proximity to Wisconsin attractions and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jefferson Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jefferson Street Hotel Wausau
- Jefferson Street Wausau
- Jefferson Street Inn Wausau, Wisconsin