“Lovely hotel in a lovely downtown”

Jefferson Street Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Lovely hotel in a lovely downtown”
Reviewed 22 November 2010

This hotel is a modern, comfortable treat. If you have business in Wausau, don't stay anywhere else. My room was spotless, and the modern furnishings were great; the hotel has a fantastic restaurant and bar and it's downtown location is close to everything (Wausau has a rare downtown--redeveloped and charming). An actual breakfast was included in our rate. Parking could have been a bit easier, but in any downtown, that's to be expected. Like so many hotels, what purports to be a fitness center is fairly old and minimal, but it gets the job done. I wish there were more gems like this out there.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
jsi-6500, General Manager at Jefferson Street Inn, responded to this review, 31 December 2010
Thank you for your kind words, all of our downtown partners continue to strive to welcome guests to our area. I will share your comments! Look forward to having you stay at the hotel again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 October 2010

For the business traveler, I liked the desk and the light was adequate. WiFi was about the speed I'd expect from a 3G phone, rather than a network, but ok.

All of the pillows were overstuffed and I could have used a smaller one with a bad neck.

The Aveda products were a nice touch.

• Stayed October 2010
Michigan
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We stayed here for the 2010Big Bulls Falls Blues Festival. It was within walking distance to Fern Island Park. Less than one mile away. Also within a short walking distance is a a couple of the clubs. Pictures say a million words. The room was spacious, comfortable, with the added touch of having Aveda bath products - my favorite. Complimentary breakfast was good enough for a light breakfast. (Coffee, juices, boiled eggs, muffins, bagels, toast, cereal The only fresh fruit was bannas and apples) Exactly what is meant by Continental breakfast. We paid AAA rate of $150.00 per night. Overall a very good value and experience.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time in Wausau. Our downtown events coordinator does an excellent job at coordinating this event. We hope you come back to the 2011 Blues Fest, it will be another great group of artists!
wausua
Reviewed 19 August 2010

I cannot say enough about the facility as well as the staff. We hosted a conference for 125 members at the Jefferson Street Inn. From the point of discussion until to the end of the confefrence, one year later, this expereince was nothing less than exellent!! From check in to check out, the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. We had immedate and helpful assistance from the manager and staff while completeing set up and preperation for the conference. All of the meals were very high level, delicious and exellently prepared and served. I would not hesitate to return to the Jefferson Street Inn when ever possible for business and or pleasure. Thanks to Michelle and all the folks at the Jefferson!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My wife grew up in Wausau, I am from Orlando. We had plenty of people come to Wausau for our wedding, many of them stayed at the Jefferson. The staff was courteous and it was a great place to have a wedding reception. After the reception my wife and I came to our room to find the staff had left us a nice bottle of champagne and some chocolate dipped strawberries. Nice touch. The food in the restaurant is good although not cheap. I would definitely recommend this place. The only negative thing I have to say is if you have an open bar tell your guests not to leave their drinks on the table when they go to dance--no matter how full those drinks were, they were gone when you got back to the table.

• Stayed June 2009
plymouth
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We came to Wausau for a bike trip and found this great place to stay, plus it was our 14th wedding annivasary. We found the jefferson Street Inn on the internet and booked a room with the help of the reviews found on Trip Advisors. Our 3 night stay was perfect from the moment we arrived.
If you are lookng for a wonderful hotel in Wausau, stay at the Jefferson Street Inn.
PS we biked the mountain bay and fox river trails ! very nice

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kent, Washington
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We went to Wausau for a 90th birthday party. I had never been there before and had no idea where to stay. We picked the Jefferson Street Inn and we LOVED it. The staff was courteous and friendly. The room was comfortable for the 3 of us. My 7 year old enjoyed the swimming pool. I loved the community Laundry Room. With airlines charging so much for carry on luggage, we didn't pack a lot of clothes, but I was able to wash them for FREE at the hotel, which really made me feel better. I'd rate the cleaning staff 4 out of 5. Our room was cleaned, but on one or two of the days the job was rushed and wasn't quite a s clean as could have been, but it was gross or anything, just a few things strewn about and out of place.

I wasn't thrilled with the food in Wausau, more than once I thought it was gross, but The City Grill inside of the Jefferson Inn was very tasty. After venturing out and being disgusted, happily savored the meal at the City Grill.

The hotel is centrally located in downtown within walking distance of some very nice shops. However, being a city girl, it was odd for me to see the city shut down so early, so make sure you do your sightseeing in the morning!

The Jefferson Inn has a shuttle to take you to the airport. The driver Horbst (?) is a kick he even took me out the way to get some squeaky cheese. He is a very pleasant man. I was in such a rush, I forgot to tip him so give him a dollar for me, please :)

All in all, I really enjoyed our stay there and will happily return!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau
#7 of 11 in Wausau

Been to Jefferson Street Inn? Share your experiences!