“Great Food, Long Wait”

Ranked #27 of 163 Restaurants in Wausau
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Wing Night at Richard would be fantastic if it wasn't for the obnoxious wait. My friends and I were waiting for a hour and a half one night when we only purchased one drink each, we were getting upset that people who came after us were getting their wings before us. We had a theory that the more drinks you purchase the faster your wings come and I am banking that this theory is correct. After purchasing 3 drinks a piece we got our wings faster in about 35 minutes and it was busier than the first go round. I understand that when a business is busy that it can lead to a longer wait, but to make us wait longer because we didn't purchase that many drinks is unethical. If you cannot afford to offer all you can eat wings for $5 then don't offer it. None the less both times my friends and I went the wings were fantastic tasting, highly recommend it if you can stand the wait or spend a handful of money on drinks.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have been to Richard's many times on different nights. This time it was just a quick stop in do a few drinks. However, that turned into a long night of chatting with other customers and the owners. Everyone was do friendly!! It had gotten very late and the kitchen was closed down. I was so hungry and had mentioned this to my husband. The owner heard this and came over to us. She asked what I was hungry for and was willing to go in the kitchen herself and make us something. We decided on a pizza. About 15 minutes later we were served a hot, cheesy supreme pizza that I must say one if the best I've ever had. The crust was crispy, sauce was perfect and the toppings were all fresh. It was fabulous!! We have also been there for all you can eat wing night, prime rib buffet and Easter. I have never been disappointed in the staff, the quality or timeliness of the food being delivered. This is an awesome place we often take our young children and they always clear their plate.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I patronize Richard's on a regular basis. We have had the most awesome food and service. The menu has something to offer everyone regardless of age or food preference. It is a family owned business and the owners treat all their customers with respect. We highly recommend Richard's to everyone.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

The owner is very slimy!!!! Let me explain. [7-3-2014]
We had called and made reservations for 7 at 4:30, They have all you can eat wings on Thursdays. and the place can get busy. We have been there before for this. and we almost always usually wait for long periods. hence making the reservation. After sitting down and getting our drinks and ordering it was 4:55. The place was not that busy at this time. During our wait of an hour and 10 mins to get our food. The waitress consistently came around and kept harassing us to buy another drink. even though at times our beers and drinks were full or 3/4 full. We even pointed it out. Quit trying to push us to drink more. We complained about the long wait to the owner. All she said was do you want me to serve you raw chicken! We all took offense to this comment. And now wonder if we will get properly cooked food. Which is a food safety issue. The owner is very slimy by her business practices!!! In my opinion what she is doing is making her customers wait very unreasonably long for there meal. So has you buy drinks for an hour and half! even if you have reservations!!! More profit on the drinks! Which is fine. But to do this so blatantly to disrespect her customers needs and wants is so insulting! And to do this to family's with children is deplorable!!! To make kids wait for the there food while the owner pushes alcohol is disgusting!!! We also visited here on Easter for there brunch with a large family. The brunch price goes up nearly 4 dollars on a holiday. But its no Brunch!!! Her normal brunch has breakfast items. This Easter brunch had absolutely no breakfast items! With children this made it tough for choices to eat. Kids don't like chicken Kiev!!!! In my opinion The owner was doing this to make more money by not having any items that kids would eat. Thus the kids didn't eat nothing and made the dinning experience very unpleasant for family's!! The owner puts Herself and money first!! Not the customer!!
In my opinion the owner is very despicable!!!!!!

5  Thank Harley64
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

It was just an average meal in a rather ambiance-free establishment that appears popular with locals.
We had read the reviews and were intrigued enough to try.
My steak oscar was swimming in sauce and the twice baked potato was a cup of scooped potato drenched in melted cheese.
No need for us to return.

2  Thank dwdwWausau_Wi

Been to Richard's Restaurant and Bar? Share your experiences!