“Don't be in any hurry”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went to dinner with a friend tonight & was not too pleased with Milwaukee Burger Company - Wausau. Our waitress was super nice, but, we waited over an hour for our meal. No joke. And when it finally came, the order was wrong and the manager had walked away before I could say anything. I wanted American cheese but got smoked cheddar on it anyway. Thank goodness it wasn't melted (laugh again) and I could just pull it off the burger. Dave ordered his side of "poutine" which is gravy fries with curds on them & they came with no gravy. THEN the manager said he'd be right back with the gravy & we were done with our food by the time someone came back to check on us. I don't see a return visit in my near future. When the manager delivered our meal to us he said it was on him. All I could think was: Yeah, I know it is. Then when he walked away to get Dave's gravy he never came back so that I could tell him my burger was wrong anyway. UGH I know it's just a burger but REALLY!!?!?!?! Tables around us were seated, fed and LEFT before we got our food and you'd think if it took THAT LONG and a manager had to deliver it to us that it would at least be what we ordered.

1  Thank Kimberly G

Reviewed 3 June 2014

There's always a plus to every experience. Here, it would be the friendly and accommodating staff. I may have ordered wrong by choosing the brat, but what I received was not my expectation in WI. It may have been over cooked and the texture was not right. I also ordered the cheese curds which simply had not taste but that of a deep fryer and oil that had done a mixture of foods. Unfortunate, and likely not to return to even try other menu options which are depicted beautifully on the menu but fall short in flavor.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a burger, onion rings, curds - try this place. Good atmosphere for kids with a full bar for the parents. Personally, I have struggled to find a Bloody Mary nearly as delicious as the ones in Stevens Point at Rusty's Backwater Saloon, but The Milwaukee Burger Co has finally given me a reason to drink my bloody Marys locally. YUM.
Seems like a decent option for a televised game, fight, etc. not sure if they show the fights here - IF they do, they may be the only place in town that does. I would show up for that (hint, hint...).

1  Thank CarLil1005
Reviewed 25 May 2014

So Milwaukee Burger finally opened recently on Stewart Ave amongst the other chain restaurants. Like all new establishments, there is a lot of interest in this new place so the wait for a table may be longer than expected. The staff is still running through its paces to get the kinks out and because of this the service and the food at times can be inconsistent. I thought the cheese curds and the chili was good, but I definitely would skip the chicken wings. Buffalo Wild Wings down the street does a much better job. Now for the burger. After all the place is named Milwaukee Burger Company. Unfortunately, the burgers are not that great. Tad dry and not much flavor. Average at best. Not bad, but I expected more. On the plus side they do have a variety of microbrews on tap from Wisconsin. But again, if you want good beer I would head to Red Eye Brewing on the other side of town. So after much hoopla it was a disappointment.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Do not brave the crowds for this place. The menu makes the options sound appealing when in fact the specialty burgers have very little taste. Our table shared three and they all tasted the same even though they had vastly different ingredients. Only positive is that the fries were good. Much better options in Wausau.

Been to Milwaukee Burger Company - Wausau? Share your experiences!