“Great meal!”

Ranked #7 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went to dinner here with my family. Atmosphere is unique and fun. Service was great. I had the chicken quesidilla...excellent and huge serving. Also had the soup of the day...chicken fiesta, which I loved. The rest of the family enjoyed hot pretzels with a beer cheese dip...excellent, and italian fries, both plain and with cheese. Everything was excellent, and provided enough leftovers for another meal. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great building, great service, and great food! I would highly recommend the cheese fries there. And they are not badly priced.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Food was great for the right price. My husband loved his prime rib sandwich! I read a review that it was so dark you could not see what you were eating but I did not see a problem with that.

1  Thank Patty C
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband , I and 3 kids stopped here for mothers day lunch , the day before(Saturday). It was not busy and service was quick. two of us had pizza, I had the fresh made ravioli , one had the kids hotdog and one had just cheesecurds. The curds were the only thing that got eaten. the pizzas and ravioli all had the same sauce which was overly thick , heavy and blah. the ravioli was swimming in this sauce and not good at all. Other reviews seem favorable. I would just stay away from pasta's or anything with tomatoe sauce until they incorporate a new recipe.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

As the name suggests, it is like a mine. You can't miss the building on Stewart Ave when you approach the place. I like the pizza because of the their cheese. No oils floating on top. Rest of the menu is ok. Nothing spectacular, nothing to write home about. However, most kids will like it. It is worth a try. You be the judge.

Been to Wausau Mine Company? Share your experiences!