“Loved it!”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #15 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Description: Create your own Asian stir-fry! Choose from our fresh selection of meats, seafood, noodles, veggies and Asian-influenced sauces. Customize your Mongolian BBQ masterpiece, then watch as it’s cooked on our grill of epic proportions. It’s all-you-can-eat, so you can try as many combinations as you want! A unique dining experience for the whole family.
Minneapolis
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'd heard about this restaurant from a friend; a chain that is moving westward, and although not in my state, has opened locations in Wisconsin. We were on a road trip and stopped into the Wausau, WI location.

Little did we know it, but the restaurant had just opened that week. At 8:30 PM, there were still crowds eating dinner. Despite the high volume of customers, this restaurant had it together and did a credible job. Only one complaint; they'd run out of Coke in their 100-flavor soda service. Sigh. I'd imagine once things settle down, this won't be an issue.

We loved the Asian salad (served as a starter). The self-service stir-fry bar was fully stocked and fresh; everything was very good! More protein choices than I'd imagine, and a very wide variety of vegetables. Good sauce choices, too, and they were very well explained. No surprises; I knew what I was getting. Workers at the grill did a good job, too.

• Visited August 2014