“Wausau needed this!”

HuHot Mongolian Grill
Ranked #16 of 162 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Mongolian
Description: Create your own Asian stir-fry! Choose from our fresh selection of meats, seafood, noodles, veggies and Asian-influenced sauces. Customize your Mongolian BBQ masterpiece, then watch as it’s cooked on our grill of epic proportions. It’s all-you-can-eat, so you can try as many combinations as you want! A unique dining experience for the whole family.
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Wausau needed this!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Wonderful service, unique concept and fun environment.

When I went, I went knowing this was a restaurant where you picked what you wanted your meal to include. You pick a bowl, and then go up four different buffet stations. The first one you choose your protein, which had an array of meats and seafood, the second is your grain (rices and noodles) thirdly is all the veggies, and last is bunkers of sauces. Pre-made and indicated with spice levels, or you can create your own using various oils, broths, sauces. Then you hand your bowl over to the chefs, who then cook it in the open on a round griddle, while you stand around the surrounding bar.

What I didn't realize is that it was all you can eat, which is really neat considering you can put as much - or as little in your bowls, leaving you with the opportunity to have a hefty meal of one trip, or many different combinations in smaller portions.

I also thought the price was reasonable, the staff extremely helpful (Our server, Nikita was great), and the environment, decor and music made it really fun.

I have no doubt this restaurant will excel in our area!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank COKO2152

Minneapolis
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I'd heard about this restaurant from a friend; a chain that is moving westward, and although not in my state, has opened locations in Wisconsin. We were on a road trip and stopped into the Wausau, WI location.

Little did we know it, but the restaurant had just opened that week. At 8:30 PM, there were still crowds eating dinner. Despite the high volume of customers, this restaurant had it together and did a credible job. Only one complaint; they'd run out of Coke in their 100-flavor soda service. Sigh. I'd imagine once things settle down, this won't be an issue.

We loved the Asian salad (served as a starter). The self-service stir-fry bar was fully stocked and fresh; everything was very good! More protein choices than I'd imagine, and a very wide variety of vegetables. Good sauce choices, too, and they were very well explained. No surprises; I knew what I was getting. Workers at the grill did a good job, too.

• Visited August 2014