“Comfortable Stay considering rate charged in March”
Review of Quality Inn Wausau

Quality Inn Wausau
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed one night and found the room clean and comfortable. It is an older style hotel, stairs only to 2nd floor. Hallways and stair wells were a bit dirty. Room was on the highway side of the hotel and I found the road noise to be a distraction. Wireless service worked just fine. Reasonable stay for the rate of about 70 USD.

Room Tip: Room away from the highway unless you don't mind traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TrvlgMan
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2012

We value your feedback, thank you. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the value we offer in the central Wisconsin area. We value your feedback which helps us improve your experience as our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Wausau

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We were passing through. Hotel is located very close to the highways ++. Rooms are good size and are clean and neat. Beds are hard and old. so are pillows.
The hotel as organized a circle around pool area. Pool looks good but very small. Arcade games are old.
We thought that the highlight of the hotel will be "hot" continental breakfast. There are very fer hot items there. Eggs, potatoes and waffles. It looks much smaller then on the pictures, but it was free, hot (should not complain). But stuff there was wonderful and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your guest room and its cleanliness along with the service you received. I’m sorry your stay wasn’t totally relaxing, but I assure you your experience is not common. Our hot breakfast offers at least three hot items, plus the recently added waffles each morning along with pastries, fruits, cereals and much more. I encourage you to give us a try again to provide you with a spectacular stay.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

Comfotable, large complex with Great amenities, just kick back and relax.

Room Tip: Pool side avilable
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank wilhelmtravels

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the wonderful amenities from our domed atrium pool area to our hot breakfast buffet. Stop in again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Positive first. Great staff. Very helpful and pleasant. Especially Sarah in the dining room. Loved her. Rooms were big, which was great as we had a mountain of ski equipment. Nice pool area. Great continental breakfast. Good price. Negatives. The rooms were so hot, you just couldn't sleep. We had the thermostate off and we still roasted. Could only open the window periodically as we were on the ground level. Pool was freezing. Maybe to make up for the rooms. Hot tub was broke the first night, but fixed the next day. Beds were tiny. Supposedly standard sized, but looked more like twins. If they could fix a few temperature problems, this would be a gem.

Room Tip: If you are just a twosome, do the King bed. And get on the second floor in case you need to cool do...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ThorsMomma
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Thank you for your feedback. It’s great to hear what you like the most from your stay. I’m sorry your stay wasn’t totally comfortable. We strive everyday to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. Thank you for staying with us, we hope you will consider us the next time you are in Wausau.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

This large hotel is aging and worn, but pretty clean. I was looking for a place to get a good night's sleep so I got this on Priceline for $50 on a Friday night. My first impression was that I paid too much, so that tells you something. Three star hotel? I think not. My room was on the perimeter of the pool area, which was very loud. Tons of families from the ski hill, kids screaming and running, beer drinkers and pizza eaters. It looked like fun if that was why you were staying there but I was VERY glad I packed my earplugs. I asked the desk clerk twice if he had a quieter room. He said they were totally booked (which I doubt since they had discounted my room on Priceline and the lot was not full) but I suspect he was punishing me for the cheap rate or taking out his obvious frustration at having to work there. the pool closed at 11 and it did quiet down. I opened the window to the drone of the highway and was able to get a decent night of sleep. The breakfast was very basic, processed junk and they were moving lots of people thru the line pretty quickly. I would not stay there again but understand others may find it acceptable after a day of skiing or snowmobiling with friends. I guess it was worth $50....almost.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Andy V

We are very sorry to hear your stay wasn't a nice relaxing treat, like you should expect it to be. I assure you, your experience is not common. Feel free to give me a call at 715-842-1616 to discuss your stay. We hope that you give us another chance to provide the great service and experience Best Western is known for. Thank you.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We have stayed at several hotels in the Wausau area and plan to return to this property again! After reading the reviews and seeing the exterior of the hotel, I was a little leary. But we had a fantastic rate and thought "hey, how bad can it be?" The lobby is nothing fancy, but we were greeted cheerfully and check in was a breeze. (Which was a good thing since we had been standing in a cold wind for over 6 hours!) We found our room easily and were very pleasantly surprised. The room was nice and clean and had plenty of floor space for all of our snowmobile and ski gear we didn't want to leave in the car. There were no signs of mold or other foreign objects in the bathoom and housekeeping had left us plenty of bath towels. We really only had a couple of minor flaws with the room - Wish they had queen beds, not doubles; a small refrig would be a nice addition; and there was this odd humming which I finally figured out was coming from some ventilation system. Another nice edition is the extra layer of security to get to the rooms on the upper floor that are away from the pool. It required a swipe of your room key to enter the floor, then to enter your hallway and again to your room. A very nice feature and extra layer of safety.

The pool area was fantastic for families or groups. There were several youth hockey leagues in the hotel and they seemed to congregate in this area. I was glad we did not have a room next to the pool as I think it could be very noisy.

We took advantage of the prime rib dinner in the restaurant Saturday night. The food was very good and fairly priced. Too bad more people didn't take advantage of this restaurant. There was only one other couple in the restaurant when we had dinner at 7 p.m.

The next morning complimentary breakfast is offered. This is not just your typical cereal and dry danish buffet. There were scrambled eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, make your own waffles, bagels, cereal, yogurt, fruit and juices and coffees. They refilled it frequently and were more than happy to accommodate my need for a container to take some food to my husband in our room.

We're glad we chose this hotel for our stay. I look forward to a return stay!

Room Tip: If you don't care about being next to the pool, ask for a room with a view of Granite Peak. Bea...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay and greatly appreciate your feedback. We have lots of guests who pass through our door each day, and it’s always great to hear their thoughts. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

The check in process could not have been worse. It took hours to check in and get the right keys for the right rooms. We were given keys for already occupied rooms and the manager even walk in one of our rooms and thought it was empty. Requests were not met and we were significantly over charged (don't pay over $80 for these small beds and poor service). Our 2010 stay and years before were nothing like this mess, so management must have changed. Rude and incompetent sums it up. We will never stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011
5  Thank berbecker
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2012

I am very sorry to hear your stay was not spectacular. Our management and staff strive to serve you with warm friendly service, making you feel at home, and accommodating any special requests that may arise, I want to reassure you management has not changed between your 2010 and 2011 stays. I sincerely apologize and regret any mistake our staff may have made at check-in or during your stay, your experience is not common. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking for ways to make your experience as our guest even better. I know you have stayed with us for several years, and we do hope you give us a try again. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Hampton Inn Wausau
Jefferson Street Inn
Jefferson Street Inn
#1 of 11 in Wausau
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Wausau

Been to Quality Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!