“Excellent customer service”
Review of Quality Inn Wausau

Quality Inn Wausau
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Although this property is getting older now, it is kept clean. The pool area has been freshened up with a newer paint job in the pool and we noticed they added lifts to the pool and hot tub for people with disabilities, and we were very impressed by this upgrade. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Free breakfast offerings were numerous, quality of it was acceptable (room for improvement there). Beds were very comfortable and for staying poolside I found it fairly quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

We are truly happy to see your stay was relaxing. We are constantly making update to the property. Expect to see several more updates complete by the end of the year. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here during a business trip. It is NOT convenient to downtown Wasau, but since we were on our way somewhere else, that didn't matter. Good central pool area, large-ish rooms with a very comfortable overstuffed recliner which made catching up on work pleasant. WiFi was easy to connect to, free, and FAST. Across the street is a bike trail which accommodated my morning run down -- down to Rib Mountain State Park and up to the top for an incredible view. Breakfast was included and was a buffet with a very decent selection.

Have I stayed in better? Sure. For ~$65/night? No!

Room Tip: Rooms "in the back" are very quiet, whereas the ones which are poolside might be a bit noi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is great to hear your stay was fantastic. We do have a bike trail right on the edge of the property and a walking trail as well. We appreciate your feedback and business. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

After being on the road for 10 days and traveling by motorcycles our room was a welcome gift. The beds were very comfortable, room exceptionally clean, easy access to parking lot and we had 1st floor rooms and our bikes could be parked right out side our window. Pool and hot tub area was very well maintained and the staff very helpful. On site restaurant was a welcome site after a long day on the road. Would differently stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our parking perfect for motorcycles. Please let us know if there is any way we can be of assistance in the future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

My stay at the Midway was Outstanding!!! The entire front desk staff went over and above to fulfill my needs when they arose...transportation...noisy neighbors...laundry failures..etc. High marks to Marley...Heidi...and Ruce. These three Are the Tip of Spear!!
If and when I'm back in Wausau...I know where to stay.
Thanks to all the staff..it's nice to know when your on the road for months at a time..there are Great places to stay..and again...I will remember the Midway.

Room Tip: Ground floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing feedback from our guests so that we may improve our service to you in any way possible. We are delighted to have had the opportunity to serve you and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Wausau, WI .

Reviewed 7 August 2013

First, I was told there was good handicapped access with use of a service elevator if needed. When I got to the hotel I could hardly open the front door (very heavy) without putting all my weight behind it. Then my friend asked for help getting his luggage up to the room--a thin man with glasses said he'd be happy to help, then went behind the desk and did nothing.

I hate to say it, but this really set the tone for the stay.

We were NOT allowed to use the elevator (were told there wasn't one) and getting up those very steep stairs was quite difficult with a cane--if I had to have something in my hand going up forget it, I couldn't do it. And I was told there was no service elevator (by the same thin man with the glasses).

Our room was quite dirty--blood on the bathroom floor, the only toiletries supplied were a single bar of soap and half a bottle (in other words, a previously used bottle!) of shampoo. We were given 2 washcloths and towels for the three people booked into the room and there were no coffee cups. When I asked a housekeeper who had her whole cart with her if I could just have some cups she said "I'll get around to it tomorrow when I make up your room". Um, no. I just checked in, items were missing and I get backtalk from the person who probably made the mistakes in the first place? I called the front desk to ask to speak to the manager--no one answered, I tried several times. I also got shorted when the room was made up each day--again no supplies restocked, calls ignored, had to go to the desk to get any service at all and had to wait an average of 10 minutes there to get the service I got.

My sister's pre-teen kids were followed by a hotel staff guy--I have no idea why, but the kids were kinda scared about it. Again, no answer at the desk to a call and no one there when I finally just walked down.

The restaurant has a very old-fashioned menu, and unless it's beef it's not very good. Also items advertised as vegetarian had things like veal-base sauces used on them and burgers claiming to be Boca burgers (well-known veg brand) were actually poultry. The fish special on Friday, the sandwich, had a very small piece of fish on a huge bun with nothing else on it for garnish? At least the tartar sauce was on the side, but in whole the restaurant was expensive and disappointing.

The free breakfast, well, you get what you pay for--green cold scrambled eggs, hot items were cold, cold ones were lukewarm, the day I came half an hour before the breakfast ended many items were empty and not refilled despite there being over 10 people in the dining room.

There's only one public restroom for each gender, and it never smelled clean or looked clean.

All in all, I've been treated better at an AmericInn--the hotel is very pretty but if you don't want to shatter the illusion don't look under anything because you'll find it's not really as nice as it first seems. I'm so disappointed in my experience here, but speaking with the thin man did no good and when I asked for the corporate contact information like a phone number I was told "there isn't one", which I have to say is bizarre. As a disabled person this hotel made my trip much harder than it needed to be--if I'd been told the truth when I booked my stay I would have gone somewhere more ready to meet my needs.

Room Tip: Check around before you select your hotel--seems the negative reviews here are the rule rather than...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank RnRNeverForgets
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

We are very sorry to hear your stay wasn't relaxing like you should expect. Unfortunately we do not have any elevator, as we only have two floors. However, our staff are always happy to accommodate requests for first floor if at all possible and assist with luggage if needed. I do understand you refused our staff's offer for assistance with your luggage, and on behalf of our entire team we sincerely apologize this happened. We strive to provide each of our guests the ultimate service, friendliness, and cleanliness. Please contact me to discuss your stay further if we may be of assistance in anyway.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good. Breakfast had eggs, waffles, cerial, danish, and muffins. Had some problem with warmth of room. Overall staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We want to thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write your review. We strive to earn your satisfaction and trust. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I just now read some reviews on this hotel and cannot believe what I have read. Our stay was great, the room clean, neat, ac worked perfectly, remote and tv all worked. The price was excellent. Desk clerk, very proper and extremely helpful. Breakfast was "a normal continental breakfast" and the hostess at the breakfast was constantly on the move (cleaning tables, putting chairs back, filling "hot" items as well as replacing "low" items). The pool area was "airy, clean, and very refreshing" even with the "full capacity" of the hotel. If you are looking for a comfortable bed, refreshing pool/Jacuzzi, and free breakfast, check out this hotel online. (I really appreciated the lesser rate for booking online also!!!! Most places I checked out didn't do that!!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take pride in our service and cleanliness and are happy your review reflects this. We hope to see you again soon and don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
#4 of 11 in Wausau
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Been to Quality Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!