“Solid Value”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Wausau
Wausau, United States
“Solid Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Solid value with easy access to the area. Good restaurant specials with a limited menu. nice pool area. Large rooms made my stay very comortable. The staff is very helpful, ready to assist with local information.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
appleton, WI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Nice hotel, close to the ski hill if you are into that. Breakfast was good. Not to far from Texas Roadhouse if interested. Nice looking pool and hot tub Comfortable bed and nice recliner rocking chair.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

sleep in ur car before u stay at this hotel...horrible manageent and staff. very unprefessional and rude. they have teenagers running this hotel. no joke. dont give them your c.c bc they will charge u for things that the other ppl who stayed in the room prior to ur check in to cover the cost...

6 Thank Diana A
BestWesternWausau, Director of Sales at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I am sorry for the inconveniences during your stay. I assure you, your experience does not reflect the high standards we expect your guests to receive during their stay.

I greatly value the comments our guests have about their experience here and truly take each and everyone to heart. I am very sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. I can assure you we will be discussing this in our next meeting and implementing strategies to prevent similar incidents from occurring again.
I hope you stay with us in the future. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and make your stay excellent.

Thank you again.

Travellers are raving about these Wausau hotels

Lac du Flambeau, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2013

The rooms are very clean, the staff was very pleasant. There are a lot of amenities here. My only problem was that the bed in this room was too hard. I have stayed in other rooms in this hotel where the beds weren't as hard... But, I would stay there again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

My friend and I had a vacation in Wausau and stayed at Best Western for three nights. We enjoyed the shuttle service at the hotel quite a lot, especially after she accidentally twisted her knee during the ski. They picked us up at the ski resort and sent us to the clinic without any charge. We strongly recommend Best Western!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
jefferson, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This one fell thru the cracks. Uncaring staff, construction noise during quiet hours, cold food for breakfast, rusty water. Overall bad experience and would recommend other hotels in the area. Traveled on business and would definitely pay more to stay somewhere with more helpful and caring staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

3 Thank Mary Kay P
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for writing your review. I'm very glad we were able to talk by phone today and discuss your stay further. I do hope I was able to make it up to you for not exceeding your expectations. Please contact us directly if we can be of any assistance in the future. We hope to see you again.
wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Let me preface this review by saying I RARELY take the time to write a bad review. If a hotel is somewhat on the OK side I just deal with it. But this hotel was such a bummer! We got there and from looking at the outside we could tell it wasn't 3 stars but walking in you could see this place needs a total rehaul. Our room was ok but when my husband went to shave- the water was orange/yellow. No way we're drinking that stuff! After dinner we decided to go back to the hotel to swim. The water in the pool was FREEZING cold! My 4 yo daughter will usually endure a freezing pool to keep swimming but the entire place was so cold and the water freezing that within a half hour she was done. At bedtime we turned the lights out to sleep but guess what....the heater popped and cracked so bad that it took some time to actually fall asleep. Well, every time it kicked on I woke up. I was up half the night and today was a total bomb cuz I was so tired. At checkout I asked the girl at the front desk what their star rating is and she said "Five stars....yeah, I think five stars" then after a second said "I really don't know, I've only worked here a month" .... seems long enough to know what star rating the hotel is. Five stars would be super funny only cuz it's not even a three star hotel. I told her the room was pretty bad and she guessed "was it the water???" before I got a chance to say anything else. Funny when the workers can guess what issues you're going to have. I mentioned all the issues and she said...."thanks for letting me know" .... FRUSTRATING! Nothing will change about this place. So in conclusion I would say this place is "Midway to mediocre". Don't stay there if you really want to enjoy yourself at the pool and want a relaxing night of sleep.

Room Tip: Don't stay within the pool area. So much ruckus and noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank aarinfaye
BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your response. We sincerely appologize we did not exceed your expectations. We did experience an unforseen plumbing issue during your stay causing some rust discoloration. Please contact us directly so that I can discuss your stay further and make up for the inconvenience you experienced. Our direct phone number is 715-842-1616. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
#5 of 10 in Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau
La Quinta Inn Wausau
#7 of 10 in Wausau

Been to Quality Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!