“Not to Good”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Wausau
DeQuincy, United States
“Not to Good”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Bathroom was full of someone else's hair and had urine around the toilet. Moved to a different room and had the same problem with the bathroom being unsanitary. I had to clean the bathroom myself because house keeping was gone for the night before I would let my family stay in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternWausau, General Manager at Quality Inn Wausau, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Our apologies for our accomodations not being up to your expectations. We take pride in the cleanliness of our facility and rooms are inspected daily for this reason. We are appalled that you have found your room not up to standards and hope we can have the chance to prove it out of the ordinary on a future visit. Thank you for your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Joliet
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The front desk staff is fabulous. They assisted me in getting my belongings in and out of the car. The restaurant was another story. Very disappointed in both the food and the service. I was told that they are a seperate entity of the hotel, and that could explain why. I would never suggest anyone eating in the restaurant. I would have been better off going to a fast food restaurant. I ordered a Grey Goose on the rocks with blue cheese olives, and I believe that it was NOT Grey Goose Vodka, they didn't have blue cheese olives. I told the waitress bring the olives and the blue cheese and I'll stuff my own olives. She said she couldn't do that and then sent over the "manager", that was dressed as a customer, and told me that the chef will NOT give me any blue cheese. I even offered to pay for it, but was still told that he would not take the time to cut off the little bit needed. He was too busy. I'm sorry, if you can't handle 5 tables, that come in about 3-5 minutes apart, then you need another job. Unless they change their attitude or a new owner takes over the restaurant, stay away. I would definitley recommend the hotel for anyone. It was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words regarding the Best Western Midway Hotel. We always strive to do our best for our guests, even if that is simply assisting them with their luggage. We hope you will again choose us for your hotel needs in the future. We would also like to apologize for your experience in the Rivalz Restaurant. We always pass along feedback from our guests to them. Rivalz Restaurant is a separate entity from the hotel and is not owned, operated, or managed by the Best Westen Midway Hotel.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 June 2014

location is ideal, needs to be updated. we stopped thru town for spring skiing. room with king bed was nice sized for all of our gear. we were away from the pool area which was nice because i'm sure that's noisy. I would agree with other reviewers that the walls are thin, we also had a room with interior adjacent door to next room. neighbors had their tv on the loud side, thankfully they went to bed at a reasonable time. pool area was nice, kids probably have a blast in there. breakfast was normal best western fare. was a decent place for the money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daveptaz
Sheboygan, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Too many things need to be cleaned up at this place. Old beds, pillows and mold and mildew in the bathroom. I read previous reviews and don't know how they were so satisfied. If you are looking for something newer, keep looking. This was built in 1969 and needs much work to be considered good in my book. No elevator either, just so you know.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Marjory B

Travellers are raving about these Wausau hotels

St. Paul, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Everything went well with this stay. Just that the bar/lounge was getting remodeled and was a cluster. I got a regular king room on the other end of the hotel(no pool view). It was very well furnished. The staff is really nice, very sociable which I believe is great for the people that travels by themselves. Had to go to the bar across the street to enjoy drinks which also had great people to converse with.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dickeyville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The place was decent BUT the room was unbearably hot! Even called down to see if there was anything we could do to make it cooler, but there wasn't. They told us to open the window some. We did for a while, but it didn't make much of a difference and the traffic noise was unreal! We were able to get a fan from the front desk, but it really didn't help. For that reason, I would not stay here again unless it was summer and we didn't have to have the heat blasting into our room. Not very comfortable sitting/sleeping and sweating. Breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. Pool area was nice and big!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Chicagoland
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights while skiing at Granite Peak. The rooms are fine, though walls thin (snoring from rm next to ours kept me up), the breakfast adequate & hot. The pool area is the real gem. The area is big & open w a large swimming pool, hot tub, billiards, ping pong, video games & plenty of seating areas to relax. We will be back.

Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wausau
Days Inn & Suites Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
Courtyard Wausau
#6 of 11 in Wausau
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - Wausau

Been to Quality Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!