“Just barely average”

Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I received an upgrade to a king room and it was very spacious. However, the internet was incredibly slow!
The toilet was equally slow and completely backed on one of the mornings.
There were stains on the wash cloths and towels.
The breakfast was pretty typical HIExpress although the room where the food was served was pretty small.
A lot of large pickups in the parking lot made parking pretty tight as the spaces weren't the biggest.
This would not be my first choice if I get back to the area.

Stayed: July 2014
sue_walton, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I assure you that I have addressed all of the issues you mentioned with the departments heads and General Manager and we are working to correct and improve.
We apologize for any inconvenience and if you would like to email me directly, I would be happy to discuss this further.
My email address is sue.walton@pillarhotels.com
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I've stayed here a few times and each time it is great (except once when a dog kept me up.... I wish they did not allow pets). Check in staff always nice and friendly, hotel is clean, breakfast is always good. It is a little hard to find since it is tucked back behind a Denny's. It is close to a mall and there are lots of places to eat and things to do. I plan to return each time I have to come here on business.

Room Tip: Generally very quiet, but maybe ask if the rooms on either side of you have dogs staying there. It h...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank roadtripper10
sue_walton, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience! We are a pet friendly hotel but there should not be any pet noise that would disturb any of our other quests. I wish we had known about the barking so we could have addressed it. I apologize for that but glad you were happy overall.
Our location is so central to anything you want to do in the Milwaukee metro area. Thank you for mentioning that!
All the best,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Larger than expected rooms, clean and modern. Staff very helpful. Nice breakfast although it didn't' start till 7am on the weekends, which was a bit late seeing as how we had places to go. But that is really my only minor complaint besides not having a pool for the kids. Very nice stay, close safe parking would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know what you think about our hotel. We are pleased that it met your expectations and hope you will stay with us again!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed 20 June 2014

visited my family for 1 day, decided to stay overnight at this hotel. I rate my decision staying here 9 out of 10. Amazing rooms, very professional, crisp & helpful staff.

They even gave me free pick & drop up to 5 miles of the hotel distance.

Very delicious & mouth watery breakfast. I kept on eating.

Overall good experience. This is highly recommended for overnight or short stayer. Can also be lived in with family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Manpreet K
Khuelsbeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for your review. With your feedback we can always learn how we can better improve the guest experience. I am glad that you liked our location and our shuttle service.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

stayed for business, they messed up reservation. told me they would have invoices done early as I had very early checkout.. didnt happen. Went to desk and employee appeared to be having a nap in back?? Free breakfast was greasy, cold and unattended. Has went down hill. To many choices to have to stay here..

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 3ofusAlabama
Kerri H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry your stay was not pleasant. I want to speak more with you about your stay, please contact me 414-778-0333 Kerri.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here in May 2014 while visiting friends who live in town. Both when we checked in around 8pm and when we came back later in the night at 10 there was no one at the front desk; we had to wait a little bit to check in since it seemed like just one person was working.

We stayed in one of the King Suites and it had a lot of room; the sitting area had a pullout bed, TV, and a bar with a mini-fridge, sink, and microwave. The bathroom was unimpressive and someone had done a shoddy job of filling in holes in the wall where a towel bar had fallen down, but it was clean.

The bed was very comfortable and the hallways were quiet. I would stay here again. We did not eat the breakfast so I can't comment on it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Kathryn D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to know that our location was perfect for your purpose of travel and that you had a comfortable stay. I am sorry to hear though about any inconvenience you may have had during your check in and the bathroom condition. We will address these concerns and I have forwarded your comments to our front desk manager for us to be more efficient and avoid any troubles in the future.

We hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in the area.

Best regards,

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel is clean, well appointed, and the staff was very helpful. Checked in and room did not have a refrig. Front desk promptly found a room with refrig (needed for meds). Breakfast was plentiful and good-hot items and plenty of space to eat. 24 hour coffee station.. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Kerri H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you so very much for the awesome feedback! We are looking to get a fridge in every room, but in the mean time I am glad our staff was able to accommodate your request! We just rolled out some brand new choices for breakfast and next time you visit I invite you to check them out!

Again Thank You!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
1 mi away
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Residence Inn Milwaukee West
Forty Winks Inn
Forty Winks Inn
#5 of 7 in Wauwatosa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center? Share your experiences!