“Good for a one night stay”

Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I came on a day when the Harley Davidson convention was being held and I understand hotels can get busy, but this just put such a bad taste in my mouth. I arrived at 11:30AM and was told there were no rooms and to come back at 3PM. I came at 2:30PM and there was a huge line of people waiting for rooms. No rooms were available from 11:30AM - 2:59PM, but somehow at 3:00PM, all of a sudden there were enough rooms to accommodate the 20 people waiting on line...hmm, interesting...

After I finally got my room, I headed to the gym which was extremely tiny. Don't expect to do an amazing workout. More importantly, the rooms were clean and the bed was extremely comfortable for some reason, but I was still a little skeptical about this place. My suspicions came true when I had a do not disturb sign on my door and they still entered the room. Luckily I had the lock on the door and was only eating lunch, but it's not very reassuring to know that people are going to just walk right in and pay no mind to the sign that is on the door.

They are conveniently located across the street from the mall, which has a ton of food options, but that's about it. I would only come back for a one night stay, but that's about it. Even though the room was clean and the bed was comfy, you'll get the bare minimum here and you'll likely be sleeping in fear that you'll wake up to someone vacuuming your room.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Nathaniel M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a wonderful staff who is very attentive and go above and beyond. The hotel let us check in early. The housekeeping brought us a microwave. The fitness center is AWESOME. The only thing they could do to improve is to offer breakfast and install a hot tub.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and thank you for the kind words! We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here to go to the Brewer game for our 5 year anniversary. We took the shuttle to the game. Before getting out at the stadium we asked the driver if she would be picking us up after the game since they told us 10pm was pick up time. She assured us that we would be picked up AFTER the game so we did not need to leave the game early. Well that was not the case. When I called they said there was nothing they could do but call a cab for us and they would not pay for the cab. We were not the only people left at the stadium so there were others that thought we would be picked up after the game. I will never stay there again! The staff in the restaurant were great and good food.

• Stayed: June 2014
Nathaniel M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us and thank you for your additional comments regarding the food and staff in Jimmy's. We hope overall you had a very happy 5th anniversary celebration.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here a number of time for business. Staff were always professional and the hotel itself in nice and clean. The sleep number beds are amazing. One of my favorite hotels in the area. There is also a nice bar area with good food and drinks (prices are a bit high, but no more than expected for a hotel of this caliber).

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Clinton B
Nathaniel M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, as well as our restaurant. We would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Actually a very nice hotel. Ok its not 4 or 5 star but for what it is i was very impressed. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable bed, clean and nice smelling sheets. The bathroom has a bath as well as a shower (perfect). The staff were very nice and very helpful. I took room service and it was so so.. Not great food, it didn't seem very fresh.

I only stayed one night at this hotel but i would defiantly go back if i had business in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Nathaniel M, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope the next time business brings you back to Milwaukee you stay here with us. We would love to have you be our guest again.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

It was my daughter's 21st birthday, and she was going to have to spend it alone in a hotel room, because of work the next day. I called the hotel, spoke with Nathaniel Martin, (front office mgr) and he made it his business to make her day special....with a rose and a note from her mom on her bed when she arrived! Awesome service:-)

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank RMaves

I'm always happy to add that additional touch to really surprise our guests. Glad we could make your daughters stay extra special!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

The hotel is located just a short drive off the Interstate and is a short and easy route to the Milwaukee Zoo as well as Miller Park. I think it took us about 5-10 minutes to the zoo and 15 to the Brewer game without even having to get on a main highway. Not to mention, the hotel is right across the street (literally walking distance) to Mayfair Mall with excellent shopping and dining (Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Maggianos). They have a decent size indoor swimming pool and restaurant / bar on-site with an outdoor firepit and fun cocktails. The room has a small mini-fridge which was perfect for stashing our 20 month-old's snacks. The coffee was so-so but there is a Barnes N Noble at the mall with Starbucks. Dave N Busters walking distance too if you are looking for late-night fun!
The only complaint that I would have is that like many hotels, the walls seem to be very thin and you could hear slamming doors at all hours of the night as well as drunk neighbors shouting through the next room over.

Room Tip: Maybe see if you can get an end room to avoid loud neighbors...