“Nothing Bad, Nothing Special”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very nice lobby and common areas on the ground floor. A bit of a musty smell in the rooms/hallways. The rooms were a bit dated. Comfortable night sleep, though not great sound insulation from the hallway. Bathroom was clean and mostly updated but it could have used a new shower. No breakfast included. Overall I have no major complaints but there was nothing exceptional to win my loyalty. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again, but I wouldn't hesitate to check out another place either, especially for the price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Zwalk,

As always we are glad to read feedback about our property. Thank you for taking time to express your experience at our hotel. We are glad that you received a comfortable nights rest! If you stay with us in the future, don’t hesitate to ask about the breakfast package we offer! Thank you for your review, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Ok, I am torn on this one. I had no idea they banned legal concealed carry here or I would have never booked my room. And Unfortunatly I arrived after 6 pm which is the cutoff for cancelling your reservation without a penalty.

What confuses me is , they have signs stating "no guns" except in your locked car, yet in the room is says "do not leave valuables in your car" Sorry Crowne Plaza, when I travel (or leave the house for that matter) I always carry and I do not patronize those who do not allow me to protect myself and my family. So I was left with a decision, do I irresponsibly lock my firearm in my car, and hope it is not stolen from your unsecure parking lot, and then used by a gang member for a driveby, or do I break the law and bring it into the room with me?

Here was the good, the executive lounge is awesome, open 24/7 with a stocked fridge of water, pop, juice, ice cream in the freezer, snacks and breakfast. The room was clean, bed comfy, really nothing to complain about on that end, but I stay in milwaukee about 4 times a month,and decided to try the crowne due to a promotion IHG has going if you stay at different brands. But based on your anti-2nd ammendment policies I will be heading back to my normal HIE next month for my 4 stays.

I just have to say that I have passed 3 different NICS background checks, never been convicted of a felony, no domestic violence, no history of mental health issues, and passed the exact same qualifcations current law enforcement officers and retired officers take to carry. Can you say that about your other customers???? But of course, any gang banger/robber/ murder will surely be turned away at your door once they read your no gun signage because we all know how they would never do anything illegal.

I gave an average rating, for the quality of the room, but only average due to your politcal stance posted on your doors. 1st hotel I have ever seen posting this signage. I guess you can do without my money every month.

Room Tip: If your 2nd amend rights are important to you stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear Happyharvick,

Thank you for your detailed review regarding your recent stay. We strive every day to create special experiences to our guests and we are truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience you may have had due to the policies the hotel enforces. I assure you the feedback you provided of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly will be forwarded. Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We took a last minute weekend trip to the Milwaukee area for a Zoo visit and were able to book this hotel for an awesome under $100 deal on Hotwire.com
The Crowne Plaza was super clean, modern, and comfortable. The only reason I did not rate it as a 5 star was because of the loud hallway noise and door slamming that could be heard from inside the room.
An unexpected perk was the free shuttle that you could use to go almost anywhere in the area with only a 30 minute advance booking time. We used it to go to Eddie Martini's Steakhouse and the Milwaukee Zoo.
Also, this hotel is very close to the Mayfair Mall which has excellent shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear LemonLimeInn,

We are happy to hear that your enjoyed your overall stay at our property! We are also happy that you were able to enjoy the complimentary shuttle, and not have to worry about parking or traffic during your stay! I apologize about any loud noise, if you stay with us in the future, do not hesitate to contact the front desk for any noise issues. Thank you, and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Nice place, nice staff, and easy to find location! Like the separate shower and tub...had not stayed at a Crown Plaza in years and was pleasantly surprised! Breakfast not bad either....only negative was hearing the doors closing of other guests.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We chose this hotel based on trip advisor reviews and its convenient location. The hotel lobby is spacious and welcoming. The staff were able to accomodate us with an early check in and our room was clean and quiet. We took advantage of the restaurant and the excellent hot tub and pool. The staff was prompt and helpful. The rates online were also very competitive. The rooms are small (two queen beds), which was ok for us since the acommodations were comfortable. The hotel is also a short drive from the mall and many local restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I was on a business trip, and stayed at the Crown Plaza, Milwaukee West. This hotel does seem to cater the business person, and they do it well. My room was a good size, had ample outlets (always a plus!), and a nice desk. They even provide a curtain clip to make sure any unwanted street light stays out.

In the bathroom there is a large walk in shower, but no tub. There is even a lighted make-up mirror, and the hair dryer provided is not your general wimpy hotel hair dryer. It had lots of power.

My only negative is the lack of a refrigerator. Other than that, this hotel had everything I could ask for.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank maxiesmom_13
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Nice place. Construction in the area takes a little away from the outside ambiance but inside is very well decorated and comfortable. Bar in hotel is nice and staffed well. Restaurant is nice. I wish we had stayed in the hotel for supper. The room was very nice and clean. The bathroom was spacious with just a shower as verses tub/shower. TV was nice sized. Desk in room was good for working on computer. Looking forward to going back. Located near plenty of local restaurants and other entertainment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank M J
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear M J,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed everything about your stay! We strive to make sure all of our guests have a wonderful experience, and it is great to hear when they do! We look forward to your next visit as well!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Ambassador Hotel
Ambassador Hotel
#12 of 56 in Milwaukee
Best Western Milwaukee West
Best Western Milwaukee West
#14 of 56 in Milwaukee
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel? Share your experiences!