“Crowne Plaza Wauwatosa”

Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights. Room was spacious and very clean. At first we didn't know why our A/C kept shutting off whenever we left the room. then I remembered another review telling about the same thing - there is a room sensor that shuts A/C off when no one is in the room. The front desk took care of it right away. Fridge and microwave weren't included in the room; extra if you want one. Pool was a nice feature, but somewhat small when a group or two (especially kids) are in it. A good way to relax though. Restaurant / bar is a little pricey - $11 for weekday brunch - but the food and service was good. Decent area, next to the Research Park, so we felt comfortable going for a walk on a bike path. A lot of road construction in the area so there were quit a few detours in the area. Overall, good stay and would stay again if ever in the area

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Cristy H,

Thank you for the kind words about your visit! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us! We look forward to any of your upcoming visits to the area!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This hotel was very clean! I felt completely comfortable in the room and felt like I could actually use the covers and they were washed. The free toiletries in the room were surprisingly very nice. On the day of check out I received a bill for a $60 breakfast from the day before. Upon checkout I questioned them on this since I did not even eat breakfast at the hotel the day before since I had to work a night shift. He was very accommodating and joked about how it would have been an expensive breakfast for a single person. He took the bill off of my room charge. There was a wedding at the hotel on a Thursday night which had loud drums playing in front of the entrance around 9pm. It was a little inconvenience since I was trying to sleep but luckily it only lasted about 20 minutes. I wish I wouldn't have worked as much because the pool, exercise room and bar all looked very nice and I wish I could have enjoyed them.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Heather D

Dear Heather D,

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay! I will be sure to pass along to our housekeeping staff your compliments about the cleanliness of the rooms. I apologize about the drums outside of your room so late at night. I remember that wedding too, and I heard they were somewhat delayed in their celebrations! Glad to hear you were able to get back to sleep not to long after. If your travels bring you back to the Milwaukee area, we hope to be your choice for lodging!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family stayed here for two nights while visiting the Wisconsin State Fair, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The entire staff that we encountered was courteous, friendly and attentive. The hotel is very well maintained, clean and well appointed. I regularly stay at IHG properties because usually they're very good. This is one of the best we've experienced in it's class. We will most certainly stay here again when in the area!

Room Tip: Stay here for the state fair - they offer a free hourly shuttle to/from it.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear donnyshawn,

We appreciate the kind words about our property! Thank you for being a loyal guest to IHG properties, and we are very happy to hear our property is great representation of IHG. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to your future visits!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very nice Hotel. Clean up to date room. Nice roomy lounge area. But the free shuttle was the best!! It runs hourly and took us to the State Fair and picked us up! Will also drop off at the Zoo, Miller Stadium and Hospital!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Gingerma,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review about your stay! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our accommodations! We are also happy to hear our complimentary shuttle came in handy for you and your party. We hope that if in the area in the future, we would be your choice for any lodging needs!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I will start with the least impacting factors and progress to the main factor for my rating. I'll start with the fact that what kind of a hotel makes you rent a refrigerator and a microwave for your room? Even the cheapest motel has a refrigerator and microwave in the room at no extra cost! What a joke! My first morning, I notified the front desk (in person) that the coffee maker in my room did not work. The attendant asked if it would be alright to have someone enter the room to replace the coffee maker, I responded "Yes". The coffee maker was never replaced or even checked on. That's some service! Finally, I made arrangements to have the shuttle service to drop me off at the "State Fair Park and Ride" on Saturday, July 26th. I was dropped off at my destination and asked to call the hotel to set up a time I would like to return. I called and asked to be picked up at the "State Fair Park and Ride" at 10 pm, I was told that the shuttle was busy and that it would be closer to 10:30 pm. I responded "That was fine". I arrived at the "State Fair Park and Ride" at 10:15 pm and waited in the same place I was dropped off at. Over an hour passed and I never saw a "Crowne Plaza" shuttle, which are very hard to miss with the large red lettering all around a white van, when your in an empty parking lot on an empty street! Unfortunately, I was without means of communication. Luckily, I had a flyer with a very crude map on it so I knew which direction to walk. I was forced to walk many miles in the middle of the night, alone, across an unfamiliar dark city. It was so nice to make it back to the hotel at 1 am to have the front desk attendant arguing with me that the shuttle was at the "State Fair Park and Ride" from 10 until 10:30! Then he tried to tell me it was my fault that I had to walk! I explained to him that it was impossible to miss seeing a big white van with large red "Crowne Plaza Hotel" all over it, when I was waiting in the same place I was dropped off by the shuttle earlier that day. Ridiculous! How can a chain like "Crowne Plaza" have such terrible service and and charge so much! I've been forced to stay in some "economy" chains that had better and more reliable service then I received on my only stay at "Crowne Plaza"! I don't know what else to say, as I am writing this I am becoming up set at the whole experience all over again! "Crowne Plaza", what a joke!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Lynda K, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Aasss232,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay.I can assure you that is not the level of service our staff is trained to deliver. Your review is being looked into internally and your comments only help us improve as a hotel. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a slightly above average business hotel. This is definitely NOT the upscale Crown Plaza of old. Perfect location for business travelers (many large corporate facilities in area), thus would be my only reason to return. The bed was firm but OK. Lots of construction going on in the area but the room was quiet. Secure location. Shuttle offered. Free Wi-Fi but slow. Others have commented about the coffee as will I. There was a mini-pot in the room but the coffee quality was not good. I tried to get a to-go cup from the "restaurant" downstairs but could get no one to help me. I agree that they should have coffee and water in the lobby gratis. No close-by coffee/food facilities (all about a mile away). Small pantry of items available for purchase but not well stocked. Staff was friendly. Indistinguishable from the ubiquitous Hampton Inns and the like.

Room Tip: Join the rewards program to get better location (designated "quiet" floors).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night while in town attending a Brewers game and have nothing negative to say about our experience. The shuttle (to Miller Park) was leaving shortly after we arrived but graciously waited for us to bring our luggage to our room. The driver was even nice enough to make a stop along the way for some necessities that we forgot. We didn't have to wait long for the return shuttle back to the hotel.
The room was spacious, the shower was huge and the water pressure was excellent. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shedrown
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wauwatosa
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
Hampton Inn & Suites Milwaukee West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Ambassador Hotel
Ambassador Hotel
#12 of 56 in Milwaukee
Best Western Milwaukee West
Best Western Milwaukee West
#14 of 56 in Milwaukee
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa

Been to Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel? Share your experiences!