“A beautiful Bed and Breakfast!”
Review of Westby House Inn

Westby House Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Westby B&B and Inns
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
“A beautiful Bed and Breakfast!”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Westby House Inn. It was gorgeous and comfortable. The decor and furniture reflects the Victoria Era of the Inn. We were greeted warmly and Marie took the time to advise us on nearby dining and activities. Our room, the Westby Room, was very charming and had all the comforts of home and more! The breakfasts that we enjoyed were very creative and tasty! We will definitely return someday.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Glen Ellyn, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Spent one night in the Tower room. Would definitely stay here again. It was a 2 room suite, beautifully decorated, and extremely comfortable. Marie cooked us a delicious breakfast the next morning. She was an excellent hostess.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Morrisville, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I just got back from my WI trip. May was a great time to visit; the weather was lovely. The owners of Westby House were very dedicated to pleasing their guests. I live in NC, and the trip to WI was for a vacation. I wish I could turn around and go back right now because everything was so great.

Room Tip: Look at the Westby House web site to pick a room. They have a wide variety of styles. I had one th...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Westby House Inn is cozy, quaint, comfortable, terrific and relaxing. Pine paneling makes it smell nice. My suite was very clean, bath was recently updated, loft sleeping area was cozy and comfortable. They provide fresh cut fruit, milk, juice, and locally made yogurt in the fridge, all fresh daily. It was a wonderful alternative to the average hotel --this was almost like home! The bed was very comfortable and they even provided a homedics sound spa device to help guests relax. This was the best place I have stayed in over a year, a very pleasant, very relaxing experience. If you are in Southwest Wisconsin this is the place to stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
MRCGAL, Owner at Westby House Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
The 'treasure' described by our guest is the Pinewood Room in the Guest Lodge. It is very popular with folks on the go because of its easy access with the private outdoor entrance and other features in the room, like the pre-stocked continental breakfast. Be sure to view our web site of the other eight rooms, each having a feel and decor of their own. Full breakfasts are included in the Main House and Guest House accommodations.
Thanks for sharing your experience and look forward to your next stay.
Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed at this property for one night on my way to La Crosse. I was looking specifically for a B & B in the general area, and this one looked intriguing. I reserved the Library room, and it was perfect for my needs. A large room (at least for a single), and the entire property had a homey feel. Although I had a corner room, and the busy Main street was a block away, it was very quiet and peaceful. Marie was very welcoming, provided all the needed info at check-in, without being too intrusive. I did not dine in the area, just wanted to spend some time alone, reading and relaxing. The bed was extremely comfortable, and although the room was not plush and luxurious, it had all the little details that are expected at good B & B properties. I did not participate in the breakfast, but Marie did provide a continental plate that was more than adequate. Enjoyed my stay immensely, and if I'm in the area, I will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
MRCGAL, Owner at Westby House Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
We are delighted that your stay was all Rest and Relaxation! Thanks for sharing with fellow Trip Advisor folks to assure them of making the right choose.
Orfordville
Reviewed 13 April 2012

My husband and I just completed a two-day stay at the Westby House. The accomodations and food were excellent. The house is warm and comfortable and breakfast is always a special treat. We really enjoyed our hosts and will be back again. This was our second stay there.

Room Tip: We love the Rose Room. It is sunny, quiet, comfortable and the electric fireplace cozy, especially a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2012

My future wife and I just completed our second stay at the Westby House. We always receive a warm and cordial welcome from Mike and Marie. They are so helpful and are always ready to assist their guests with any question a guest may have.

We stayed in a different room our second time, it was decorated with care, and as always, the room was spotless.

Marie without fail prepares the most creative and tasty breakfasts. We have stayed at other B&Bs and their food does not compare with the wonderful food Marie serves.

If you are seeking a restful getaway in one of Wisconsin's most scenic regions, the Westby House will certainly fulfill your needs. I know we will be back for another stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westby
Old Towne Motel
Home2 Suites by Hilton La Crosse
Midway Motel
Midway Motel
#1 of 2 in Viroqua

Been to Westby House Inn? Share your experiences!