“Pleasant surprise in small town”
Review of The Black Sheep

The Black Sheep
Ranked #7 of 44 Restaurants in Whitewater
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Chef Tyler - "I've called it The Black Sheep. We are different and our menu is different. We work with local farmers and producers to bring in local and fresh wine, meats, cheeses, and produce, whenever possible. We go to the farms to see how the animals are cared for and the land is protected. We purchase just enough to keep fresh products rather than fill freezers. We are passionate about food."
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Locally sourced, fresh food is always best, and when you're in farmland, it's especially true. Friendly, knowledgeable staff, great food, comforting décor in rural Whitewater, WI. Can't go wrong.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The chef changes the menu to create new offerings. Treat yourself to this wonderful restaurant in downtown Whitewater. Because the food is made fresh, plan on a nice night out (no fast food here).

2  Thank FamilyofBoys
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were there with a group of four. Weekend lunch, the place was busy. Sort of a trendy vibe inside. The wait staff was nice. The food was very yummy, but I feel the portions could be a bit larger. I ordered the cranberry & squash salad and a quiche. The squash was tasty, but overcooked pieces, not cubes as stated. The quiche actually came with a very good salad as well, so I did not need to order the first, but it was tasty too! The others in the group enjoyed their meal as well. This place is directly in front of some sort of park, so the view was nice on a Sunday afternoon.

1  Thank triptravelCA
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A co-worker and I were driving through on business. Based on Yelp reviews we decided to eat here on our way to the hotel. It was very good. I LOVED the cheese platter and the Washington Hills Late Harvest Reisling. We ended up both getting the salmon and it was also very good. The service was slow but, that is mainly our fault. We had been traveling all day and we were just wanting to eat and get to the hotel. We weren't looking for a "dining experinece". We should have mentioned that to the waitress. We were one of 2 tables that were occupied and it took quite awhile to get our food. If you are in a hurry, I would just mention it to the wait staff.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Just fantastic. The top rating is deserved. The beef was fresh, juicy and flavorful. My bride had the port and gorgonzola which had a wonderful chees flavor. I went with the bacon chipotle. It had a zesty sizzle that fit the burger perfectly. The buns were crusty with a light buttering. The seasoned fries were not physician approved but worth being scolded by the doc.