“Great food but somewhat noisy”
Review of Cafe Calamari

Cafe Calamari
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Williams Bay
Price range: US$0 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Northern IL.
“Great food but somewhat noisy”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I took the family to Cafe Calamari for supper hoping for a table outside but with 5 people, that didn't work. We did get seated quickly indoors however. The service was very good. The place was packed and noise level was a little high. Everyone thought the food was very good. I ordered the scallops in linguine and at first sight, thought it might be shark meat but after the second scallop, I found grit, which is a good sign. We will be back!

• Visited July 2014

Budapest, Hungary
“Great meal, great ambiance!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Sat outside for a delightful meal and view of the lake. The portions are generous and cuisine high. Help staff were friendly.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Shmave
Lake Geneva
“Very pleased with this restaurant”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a very pleasant experience. I wanted to start with a Chardonnay to which I was asked to pick from 2 brands. I wasn't sure on which one to go with and just randomly picked one and was surprised with a fact that our server caught that and told us about the difference. She also then offered a taste of both brands. After that I started asking server for recommendations. And went with sisillian fillet - it was perfectly done!!! Very flavorful as our server said it would be. We were too full for dessert :(
We been here before and will come back soon again

• Visited May 2014
“Nice Bay Water View, Delicious Food”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Over the years, I have eaten at this restaurant several times. I have always enjoyed the foods and the service. I will definitely be back to eat here again.

The restaurant has a few tables with views of the bay. I recommend that you make reservations and request a window table with a bay view.

I ordered an entrée salad. The greens were fresh and nicely coated in the dressing. For dessert, I had a flavorful chocolate cake.

• Visited May 2014
“Little bit of Italy”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is a well established restaurant owned and run by local folks The menu offers a great selection of appetizers and entrees They also have a great value bar menu

Visited January 2014