“Don't bother”

Description: Now known as: The Pub Applewood Grill
Menomonee Falls, WI
“Don't bother”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We went on a Saturday night because all the other restaurants in town had wait lists. When we walked in there were over 1/2 the tables empty, and we soon found out why. The waitress was very slow even though she didn't appear to be very busy. Two people in our part had ribs-they were way to smokey and were chewy. They didn't finish (rare for them) and didn't want to take them home. The other 2 of us had pizza and it was very good.
I'd only go for pizza and would probably get it to go.

• Visited August 2012

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Bad food”
Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

I went here with my husband and 2 kids on a Saturday night. It was pretty empty and I understand why. I ordered the ribs with Mac and cheese and fries. The ribs were horrible and the only thing I liked was the cornbread. Pizza was okay. Service was average.I would not eat here again.

2 Thank Paige L L
Toulouse, France
“Awesome BBQ ribs!”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I went there twice in the end of July, in the evening for dinner, and I absolutely loved their Applewood BBQ pork ribs. Beer is great too. I was advised to go there by local people and was not disappointed. It is what you expect of a traditional local Wisconsin pub and value for money is excellent too!
The atmosphere is not the best of course, but hey, it's a pub, not a 4-star restaurant!
The waitress there were always friendly and giving good advice about the food and drinks.
I would certainly go back if I dropped in Wisconsin again.

• Visited July 2012
Winneconne
“Must Try "Smoked Chicken Wings"”
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Really enjoy the new BBQ Smoked Menu. They also have the traditional pub fare etc.. If ordering a pizza, must try it with their smoked bacon. Recently added "Smoked Chicken Wings" These wings are great plain or w/you choice of sauce on the side. They are lightly smoked then flash fried when ordered. A must try for Wing lovers!

• Visited May 2012
Oshkosh
“Suprisingly good smoked everything!”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is great. About the only place I've found in Wisconsin that knows how to smoke ribs, pulled pork, and do barbeque right. Very very tasty and well worth the trip to Winneconnie.

Visited February 2012