My husband and I stayed at the Best Western in Wisconsin Dells from 06/23/11-06/27/11. I have to say this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I take lots of trips and stay in several hotels. My bad experiences started the first night. The room we stayed in was a queen suite and it had a queen size bed and a pull out sleeper sofa. The reason we chose to stay here over another hotel was because they were giving away free Chula Vista waterpark passes with each night of your stay. Our first night there I didn't sleep at all. There were noises coming from the air conditioner so I had to shut it off and sleep without it. It was a very hot and muggy night. You could hear everytime someone in a room around you flushed a toilet or turned on the shower. You could hear every footstep in the hall and above you. I felt like I was staying at a cheap motel. The room was not very clean. There were crumbs and dust in all the corners and stains all over the carpet. After coming back to the room after our first day with housekeeping, an item was missing from the sink area. I did not notice this item until around midnight and immediately contacted the front desk. I have two of these items that I had placed in the exact same spot on the counter and that night one of them was missing. I'm not saying housekeeping stole it because I think that would be redic, however I feel that they bumped it into the garbage while wiping down the sink area. The garbage can was located just below the area where it was placed on the sink. I spoke with the GM the next morning and explained the item was quite expensive and I was angry. She told me she would have maintenance look through the garbage for it and if it wasn't found would submit it to insurance. Needless to say I did not see anyone going through the garbages and my husband and I were in and out of the hotel all day. I adked for an update from the GM and there was no response. I contacted the GM the next morning and was told that they could not find it after searching "all day" for it and I would need to come down to the desk to complete a lost and found form however they were not responsible for lost or stolen items. How they are not responsible I don't know. I have two of these items. One was missing after housekeeping was in my room. The other was in the exact same spot I left the two. The rest of the stay was just the same. Bad nights of sleep due to noise. We had our DND on our door until noon. Came back to our room around 3 and it was not cleaned. Housekeeping was right across the hall and still did not come to our room. I went out and asked if they were going to clean and they said we had a DND on our door. I explained we had taken it off around noon. They apologized and said we "didn't see". Room was not cleaned that day. I just got replacement towels.
I must also add this. Nothing against Chula Vista but the waterpark at Chula does not offer much for adults. It was very busy and my husband and I only went once our entire stay and we didn't go on any rides as there wasn't anything we liked. The indoor waterpark was too packed to even get in the lazy river.
We checked out of the hotel very upset with our stay already determined that we would never go back. When I checked out I still hadn't heard from the GM on what the plans were for my "lost" item. They were going to leave a message for the GM as she was in a meeting.
Later that day I did get a voicemail from the GM saying that my information was submitted to insurance and that they would be contacting me.
I am still waiting to hear from insurance. I did not mention that my item has a replacement cost of $175.00, and it is something that NEEDS to be replaced.
Now the fun stuff:
I just checked my credit card online and I have an additional charge of around $130.00 on my card. When I checked out there was a total of $593.97 on the top of my report and I asked if that was the total charge or if it was in addition to the $128.99 that was charged to hold the room. I was told the total charge was the top amount by the GSM. Well... looking at my card I have 4 charges and have been charged $130.00 more then the $593.97. After seeing this I took a closer look at the charges on my bill and there is a charge of $7.46 each day as an "amenity fee". This fee was never disclosed to me when making my reservation. I would have never booked a stay with this hotel if I had known about these extra fees. There are plenty of hotels/motels in the Dells area that do not have these fees. While I was on hold for nearly 10 minutes with the hotel to discuss these issues I was looking at the website and the website claims to have a $7.00 amenity fee that is charged from memorial day to labor day. I was never told about this fee and they can't expect there guests to look at the website to see this fee. I was also charged a fee more then what the website said.
Completely not satisfied with anything from my stay. The lost/stolen item from my room. the extra charges on my credit card. The hidden fees. The noise and discomfort from my room. You would not expect this from a hotel that your paying over $100 a night in room rates.
I would like to mention the game room was locked the entire time we were there as well. The indoor pool and whirlpool were fine. Nothing special.
I strongly suggest you find a different hotel to stay at while staying in the Dells. There are plenty of other places that are more new/clean that offer discounts or free waterpark passes.
I go to the Dells several times a year and I stay at different places almost every time depending on the free offers. I will never stay at this hotel again or any Best Western for that matter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Wisconsin's largest resort area, non-stop family fun awaits at the BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites. With a great selection of spacious, newly remodeled rooms, there is a style for everyone. Don't forget to stop in and enjoy our free hot breakfast of eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, yogurt, juices, coffee and more before starting your Wisconsin Dells adventure. Other amenities include a Fitness Center, Business Center, indoor and outdoor heated pools, whirlpools, and free high speed wireless internet access. Take advantage of a great central location close to many local attractions, dining, sports complexes and businesses. From waterparks to skiing, basketball to volleyball, golf courses to shopping, you'll find an endless array of activities at your fingertips. Whether you want to stay relaxed or stay productive, stay in the heart of it all at the BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Ambassador Inn And Suites
- Best Western Ambassador Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Best Western Wisconsin Dells
- Wisconsin Dells Best Western