“Family trip” 3 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Family trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was a family trip of 4 adults and 2 children (7 and 9). Room was a great size except soft bed was not comfy. We think since they knew the amount of guests then they will automatically set the correct number of towels and toiletries. The breakfast selection was ok for being free but no meat (bacon or sausage) and the only egg was Cold hard boil egg.

1 Thank 239catalinag
Jamie H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Ambassador Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

No usable wi-fi. Too slow to use. Skip the complimentary breakfast. Least offerings of BWs (6) stayed at on long trip. Room was very good and clean. Price was reasonable. Location is good. Close to interstate. Restaurant next door.

1 Thank MainemanOhio
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, as well as your room and our great location. I would like to apologize that you experienced difficulties with the Wi-Fi, and we will definitely check for issues. We look forward to welcoming you back!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We took our first vacation with our 5 and 7 year old boys. No complaints from anybody! Everything about the hotel was great. The room was clean and spacious... the staff was friendly and helpful... The free breakfast was better than most free breakfasts. We will definitely return in the future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your first vacation with us! I will share your wonderful comments with our staff and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more vacations!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were invited on a last minute trip to the dells and I needed a place to stay. I will not dish out a ton of money for a big resort just for one night and the Western was one of only 5 hotels left with rooms for the one night we would be in the Dells. I'm a bit of a clean freak and all I ask are for the rooms, toilets and pool area to be up to par. I will admit that after reading a few reviews I was worried but that all went away after we checked into our room. Everything was clean in our room and to be honest cleaner than big name places I have stayed at. The indoor pool area was very nice and once again clean. When a hotel offers breakfast I always expect to starve because the food is always terrible and there is never anything really edible. Well was I very surprised to find a waffle station, where you can make your own hot waffles in two minutes. There was also cereal, which was a big plus for me since I tend to stay away from breakfast sweets. They also had pastries, which I didnt try but looked good and muffins or toast. My daughter and I had a nice meal and this was a plus for us! Now I will list my cons and these are not things I can really blame on the hotel but I think its only fair that I write them as an F.Y.I. : You can hear everything from the floor above you. For most of the night I could hear kids running back and forth. Again, Im a mom and I have a child and so I cant really blame the hotel for this. At about 4am I was woken up by a large group of people on the side patio of the hotel, that were gathered after Im sure a very long night. They were loud and annoying and while this is not the hotels fault I feel that maybe a staff person should have went out there and told them to keep their loud drunk talk to a more quiet drunk talk.
Aside from that I was very surprised by how much I liked the hotel and by how helpful the staff there was.

1 Thank angel711baby66
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are so happy that you enjoyed your room and your stay with us, as well as our many great amenities such as our indoor pool area and our continental breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Lake Mills, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Do not ever stay at this Hotel. They have some serious customer service issues! The Manager and Security Officer are not nice and lack people skills. The hotel is dirty and needs updating. We are Best Western Diamond Reward Members and we were treated like trash!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our property with feedback from your recent stay. Your input and the feedback from all our guests is vitally important to us. I want to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. I will definitely address your concerns with my staff as we pride ourselves on customer service and making sure every guest feels like they were treated with respect. We would love to have you give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Norfolk, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had an excellent time at the water parks, Chula Vista, Mt. Olympus and Noah's Ark. Two parks were included with our stay which helped on the budget. The hotel is located close to everything and easy to find. The rooms were clean and nicely set up. Staff were excellent. Highly recommend this and would return here again. Big Foot Zip Line package is a must do too! Fun for the whole family!

1 Thank Donna C
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our hotel with feedback from your recent stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our many great amenities like the waterpark passes that were included with your stay. We feel our location is one of our greatest features and we are very glad you agree! We look forward to welcoming you back!
Belvidere, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

"Under construction" should be posted at the front door! Couldn't use the game room due to "flooring under repair". Air conditioning unit clanking and making noises. Forget the breakfast if you do not get there early. Kids hog the area by the waffle makers. Our room was fairly clean. A lot of dust between wall and mini refrigerator. Poor lighting. Selection of TV stations poor.
Plus side - outdoor pool and hot tub nice. Indoor hot tub was drained and not in service. Front desk staff seemed "indifferent". (everywhere we went in the Dells they had the same attitude)

1 Thank hockeygram
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide our property with feedback from your recent stay. Your input and the feedback from all our guests is vitally important to us. I want to apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are continually updating our property for your enjoyment, comfort, and satisfaction and we try to make it as smooth as possible for all our guests during the process. We will also look into your concerns about breakfast, as we want all our guests to be able to enjoy their meal. We would love to have you give us another chance and we look forward to welcoming you back.