“2 bedroom condo at Chula Vista was awesome”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #48 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“2 bedroom condo at Chula Vista was awesome”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed in unit # 2423 and it was excellent. Beautiful decor, kitchen with granite countertops, big whirlpool in the living room, lots of room. Loved the 2 fireplaces on the cold days when we were there. It was right on the river and had a great view of the trees and some visibility of the river. It was nice that it was a little out of town. It was more relaxing and only a 3 - 4 minute drive to the Dells.

They had tons of activities for Halloween - trick or treating, hay rides, s'mores, and a fun dance / costume contest. This is a great resort. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Unit 2423 that we stayed in was excellent, right on the river, 2 bedrooms with lots of room, and ele...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Tina Bo36,

It was great to see that you and your family had such a memorable stay with us. The Halloween activites are always popular. We look forward to being of service to you and your family again in the very near future.

Dan Hoppe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Turkish first
Madison
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Room was nice, but our relaxing evening was ruined by the sales staff hounding us to attend a presentation on their timeshares. I told the gentleman who took our reservation that we were NOT interested. That should have been enough. Beds were okay, but the pillows were horrible. The 10:30 checkout time was ridiculous. Especially when they were not at all busy. The gentleman who took our reservation neglected to share that little detail.

The hallway needed a good cleaning. There was small pieces of litter all the way down the hall. Very disappointing considering we passed two maids who walked right by without picking anything up.

Had breakfast at the buffet restaurant in the morning. Won't eat there again. Not much of a selection. The eggs were cold, and the french toast was hard as a rock.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tammy K
Tammy K,

I am happy to see we had the opportunity to serve you and for you being with us,but I apologize we did not deliver the expected experience.
Thank you for providing your feedback for this is helpful to our managers. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Overall we just had an average stay. We stayed in a studio condo room and it was a pretty nice room other than the furniture needs some major updating. The beds were horrible and sunken in..my back still hurts from them. The room also had a weird smell to it that I can't describe. I would also recommend asking that your room is close to the waterpark and restaurants. Our room was literally across the entire resort from all activities. At one point we even drove down to the other side of the resort just so we didn't have to walk a mile to eat. We didn't use the water park as it was geared more for kids. I probably wouldn't stay here again unless I knew they did some remodeling.

• Stayed October 2012
MDS0508,

We appreciate you beig with us on your recent visit to the Dells. I am sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations. We are in the process of reviewing options on our accommodations and we will be sure to keep you updated on our progress. Have safe future travels and we hope to see you soon.

Clintonville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 31 October 2012

We stayed in the Presidential Suite on October 17th and 18th. We got an excellent deal for only $74.19 a night. The hotel is very nice however the rooms really need to be updated. It rained the day before we got there and for the entire two days we were there. I realized this is a lot of rain however we were on the top floor and the ceiling had a leak. Also the fireplace orfaces needed a good cleaning. The flame was so low you could barely see it. It did have 3 TV's but these were also very old.
All in all we did get what we paid for, however I would never stay here if I had to pay full price!

Room Tip: Be sure if we stay during the winter months that you are in a room that is attached to the water par...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Tina N,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback it is useful to our planning and managers.
I am glad you had an enjoyable time with us and we will keep you updated on the progress of our accommodations.
We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

My boyfriend and I receiced free tickets to the water park at Chula Vista with a deal we had on a hotel. We are in our late 20's and have been to many waterparks. When we first walked in, I thought it was small and had my doubts, but the way the indoor waterpark is set up makes it small but mighty. The 5 full sized waterslides and water coaster were as thrilling as most of the waterslides I have been on in Illinois and Indiana. The lazy river was nice, except they allow children to play in it without a tube. The major problems we encountered were the excessive loud noises, and children in the lazy river with no tubes. The other thing was the smell of chlorine was so strong it dried our sinuses. Our experience, overall was a positive one. We would reccommend it as part of the Atlantis stay package.

• Stayed October 2012
Minneapolis
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I wasn't going to write a review about our recent stay at Chula Vista, because I left my comments with the hotel and thought I would just talk it over with hotel management. But, they never responded, so they've confirmed what I thought of their service - subpar. Upon check-in, we were given a 2-bedroom condo that had not been cleaned. The condo was a mess, including human waste still in the toilet. We immediately called the front desk and asked for a new (clean) room. The front desk was very short and rude about our situation. They kept saying they were very busy and they didn't have time to move us to a new room. This is completely unacceptable and a horrible way to welcome someone to your property. Once we did get a new room, it was very clean and overall a very nice place.

We did have other issues with our stay:
- We traveled with our young children and decided to eat at the hotel restaurant so we could get our kids to bed at a reasonable hour. It took an hour and a half to get our food after originally being told it would be 20-30 mins. In addition, the order was wrong. What a total waste of time and money. The final kick was the food wasn't any good.
- Chula Vista needs adequate parking space. There were many cars parked in a mud lot. For paying $300+/night for a condo, this is unacceptable.
- Wi-fi was ridiculously slow (at best) and usually non-existent. If you're ever there for a conference, don't expect to get any word done.
- The Chula Vista has a 10:30AM check-out time, which is the earliest I've ever seen. Again, their front desk showed their lack of customer service as I called on Saturday evening to request a late check-out of one hour past check-out. I was told I needed to call back on Sunday morning to see if they'd be able to accommodate my request. I called again on Sunday morning and after almost begging with the front desk person she said we could have an extra hour, but that was it. I can't imagine there are a lot of people checking in on Sundays during the off-season. A simple request like this from a guest should be no problem for a hotel to accommodate.

Overall, the Chula Vista is a decent place. Their waterpark is nice and most of their employees are very pleasant. Our 2 bedroom condo was comfortable. Seeing how competitive the market is in the Dells, I can't really see us returning to this property.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
LondonWPR,

We appreciate the feedback on your recent stay, I am sorry that you encountered housekeeping and front desk issues these have been brought to the attention of our managers and supervisors.
I was gald to see that your accommodations were comfortable.
Again, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We hope to be of service to you again in the future.

Central Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Assistant manager Carolyn made our check-in very easy and gave us an upgrade (for a fee) and early check-in. Our family suite in the condo section was lovely and clean, close to the elevator for water park activities. We ate at the bar one evening, and our waitress Jenny was very attentive to our family and made our wait for our food very easy. Chula Vista is out of town, but provides plenty to do for a weekend. Our grandchildren had a wonderful time in the water park.

Room Tip: The condo rooms are newer than the hotel rooms.
English Teacher28,

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our team members Karloyn and Jenny. It is always good to see the grandchildren having a memorable experience with their grandparents.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.