The resort is very nice, however, if it is going to maintain this rating, they must continue to work on room cleanliness. We booked through a private owner a one bedroom condo. Upon arrival, we actually had a Jr. Suite. We were given a discount on our stay based upon this discrepancy. When entering unit 2207, the rugs were HEAVILY STAINED. After seeing various hotel reports on television, the stains made my skin crawl. That night when preparing for bed, I pulled the bed spread back, and there was another very large stain. I pulled the bed spread off the bed and called the front desk. I received the new bed spread the next morning. In the middle of the night, our air conditioner went out. We notified the maintenance staff, who said the unit needed servicing. We were moved to an identical room which was nicely cleaned.(unit 2647) I appreciated the staff's courtesy. This really helped.
We had 2 twelve year olds, and one 15 year old with us who really enjoyed the water slides. The overall waterpark was excellent. The lifeguards were very attentive in the pool areas, but the lifeguards in the indoor waterpark were less attentive.
I only say this because I'm not a swimmer, and after coming down one of the waterslides, my raft ended up on top of my head as I sat at the bottom of the pool. I guess I was a little to adventurous. The lifeguard was immediately relieved after my incident, and I stuck with sitting in the hot tub and wave pool for the remainder of the trip. My family however continued to splish and splash!
The restaurant's buffet was okay. A little over priced for the adults. The waterpark bar areas were great!!! This resort from my tour of the town was the best resort in the area.
I would visit the resort again, however I would book the two bedroom condo instead of the Jr. Suite which is pretty much a typical hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme