We booked a 3 bedroom condo at Chula Vista resort for 3 nights in July. There were 4 adults and 5 children in total (8, 6, 6, 4, and 4 years old). We requested early check-in and were lucky enough to have a room available at noon when we arrived (guaranteed check-in is 4:00). Check-in was quick and painless. To get there you go through what appears to be "old town" Wisconsin Dells with lots of little shops and bars.
The 3 bedroom condo is actually 2 units. A 2 bedroom which is huge ~ master bedroom with king bed, fireplace, bathroom; 2nd bedroom with 2 queens; full bath; fireplace, full kitchen, dining, and living room with huge whirlpool tub. The 1 bedroom unit had 2 queens and a pull-out sofa, mini-fridge and sink, full bath.
The main outdoor waterpark had stuff for all ages, a kids water play area, smaller slides and then a few larger slides, mini-golf (cost extra) and a bar that had live music. The indoor area had a handful of larger slides, a water roller coaster, huge kids play area, kiddie pool and lazy river and another bar. The indoors was LOUD, mostly because of the roller coaster.
There was a small wave pool in it's own area with a bar next to it and another kiddie pool with lazy river. For our ages of kids this park worked well for us and kept them all entertained all 4 days we were there without being all spread out across the resort to keep them busy. Bigger kids might get bored quickly on the limited number of slides there. We never waited long for a slide, although the lazy river did get crowded at times.
We also spent an afternoon at Knucklehead's, an indoor amusement park and arcade. Lots of fun!
The condo was awesome and the lifeguards were fantastic.
Perfect size for younger kids, may get boring for older kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chula Vista Resort and Waterpark is a complete resort experience in Wisconsin Dells with over 200,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor waterparks. Luxury comes standard in all of our guest rooms, suites and condominiums. Bring your clubs and challenge yourself on our 18-hole golf course. At Chula Vista, we invite you to laugh harder, splash bigger, stay longer and vacation better at Wisconsin Dells' most complete family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Chula Vista Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chula Vista Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Chula Vista Theme Hotel
- Chula Vista Wisconsin Dells
- Hotel Chula Vista Theme