“Loud”
Review of Chula Vista Resort

Chula Vista Resort
Ranked #52 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Was woke up 3 times by major plumbing issues. Sounded like a jackhammer for 10 seconds each time. Indoor water park is very small and overcrowded. One small bar area and no food available without going outside the pool area. The hotel bar had small tvs that weren't high def you could hardly see the game. For $215 a night, I expected more.

• Stayed: March 2014
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

MPD51,

We appreciate you being with us and thank you for the feedback it is most valuable. I do apologize that your stay was not comfortable.
Hopefully you may be able to give us another opportunity in the future.

There are newer reviews for Chula Vista Resort

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Was concerned when reading all the negative reviews after I had booked our 2 Brm condo, but we were very happy with our experience at the hotel. We found the check in to go quickly and smoothly. There was a short line, but they had 5 representatives working. Service was friendly and helpful. We had a problem with the heater/airconditioning in our room that kept the temp at almost 80, which was fine with everyone except me, as I take medicine that makes me sensitive to heat. I went to the front desk to let them know and they called maintenance while I was still there. The maintenance man almost beat me back to my own room. He thought he had fixed it, but it still remained too warm, so he offered to go and try to track down a fan that we could use for the duration of our stay. In a few moments, Frank returned with a fan and it truly made the difference in being comfortable or not for me. Frank is awesome! The room was very clean and in good repair. The king bed that my husband and I slept in was comfy. The waterpark was also clean and in good repair. Kids said the water wasn't too cold and I don't think there was any more chlorine than at any other water park I've been to. We had a nice get away and would stay here again.

Room Tip: I took advice from fellow travelers and requested a scenic view on the 4th floor and a late check ou...
1  Thank Julie L
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2014

Julie L.,

Thank you so much for being with us this past week and we do appreciate the kind words that you expressed for our team members.
Great to see that you a had a memorable time and hopefully we will see you back with us soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Booked a 2 bedroom condo which was spacious, immaculate and perfect for our family of 6.

The indoor waterpark area is confined to one area and was jam packed with people. The chlorine smell was overpowering. We've been away from the waterpark for several hours now and all I can smell and taste is chlorine. My sinuses are on fire.

At times, the waterpark was standing room only. All chairs taken, no place to even turnaround. Long lines everywhere from the waterpark bar to the buffet to check-in. Granted it was spring break week but there clearly were not enough staff to handle the crowds. Elevators were also slow and packed. Housekeeping used the guest elevators which didnt help.

Overall, the condo was great and our kids (ages 6-9) had fun. The small waterpark size was good for young kids just not very enjoyable for adults.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sunandmartinis

Flyabo,

We appreciate you being with us this past week and thank you for selecting Chula Vista.
I do apologize that there were a couple of issues that you encountered, we do take your comments seriously.
Hopefully you will be able to give us another opportunity in the future to be of service.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is an all-inclusive package at a great price. The buffet offered just enough variety so we didn't lack for choices. Rooms and property were very nice. Fitness room is just a converted guest room but was adequate for a quick run on the treadmill. Howlers sport bar was the only bar outside of the water park but the staff was friendly and creative. Waterpark was OK but the lazy river was just too cold. For the price it was a great relaxing getaway.

• Stayed: March 2014

Askiola,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay. The Great Escape Package is a great value for a quick getaway.
We look forward to being of service to you again soon and I hope that you have a great spring.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Every other comparable resort was more than double the price. And Chula Vista offered a great deal. During Spring Break, no less. It wasn't nearly as crowded as I'd expected it to be. Room was large, clean and had plenty of amenities for the price point. Shuttles were convenient. Water Park offered something for all ages. Chlorine levels were pretty high and temps indoor at water park were cold (both water and air), but all things considered those were small complaints in the grand scheme of things. I'd definitely go back and recommend this place to others. And if you have the ability to check out Kaminski's...HIGHLY recommend it. Best steak dinner I've had in a long time and that's compared to places like Gibson's (chicago) and Ruth's Chris (NY)!

Bsblchik,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and I was happy to see that you a great stay.
It appears you took full advantage of the resort including the Chophouse. As you discovered it is a great atmosphere with great steaks.
We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband an I brought 4 children aged 11-13 up for an overnight away. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. We ate at Howlers and the buffet for breakfast and dinner. We had a great meal both times. We ate everything from Sushi,shrimp, fish, and roast beef that were all amazing.The water park was crowded but it was Spring break. I've stayed at other Dells resorts before and this rated comperably with the Wilderness. I liked that our unit was a bit of a trek from the main hotel. Even though we saw a lot of kids we didn't hear them. The bed was amazing and I am fussy. I am not sure why all the bad reviews, we thought it was great.

Room Tip: Condos came with an in room jacuzzi which was amazing. Call to see if they have any deals for the be...

DJGs Trips,

We appreciate you being with us and thank you for the wonderful review. So glad to see that you were able to take full advantage of what the resort has to offer. Hopefully we will see you again in the not to distant future, we will be sure to keep you updated on future promotions.
Have a great spring and safe travels.

Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

I booked a condo , two spacious bedrooms , beautiful kitchen , large living room , nice view . Staff was very friendly especially the blonde heavier set lady who did an excellent job calming down my wife who freaked out because condo wasn't ready .
Resort was filled with fun , there was a lot of people in there though , they should expand it . For the price of stay I expected a bigger resort .
Food was great at the buffet .
Will be back .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RockfordTaxLink

Rockfordtaxlink,

Thank you for being with us on your recent getaway to the Dells and Chula Vista.
We appreciate you being with us and taking the time to give us some feedback.
We look forward to being of service to you again soon.