Chula Vista Resort
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$67
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$72
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$100
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$105
US$147
AscendHotels
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$95
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$146
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$68
Travelocity
Kalahari Resorts & Conventions(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$210
Groupon.com
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$73
2,315 results
All reviewschop houseunderground tunnelall inclusive packagebedroom condothe indoor water parkgreat escapefull kitchenwisconsin riverall agesoff seasonolder kidstwo queen bedsgreat resorta lot of funyear oldsmini golffamily vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here on July 4th holiday and our kids Loved it! We choose the all-inclusive package and enjoyed this option. However, this hotel was really crowded and appeared not equipped for that. The buffet breakfast was Great but the wait to eat and being rushed to finished wasn't nice. The waterparks were Awesome for the kids and July 4th activities were nice. The staff was informative and nice during our stay. We enjoyed out time in The Dells!!! We would go back just not on a Holiday weekend. Overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

CThomas64,

So nice to have you with us over the holiday and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your stay. Glad to see that you were able to make some memories and hopefully we will see you again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here in early June during the HRPT. This venue was poorly equipped to support the event. There was no traffic plan in place and consequently patrons waited over 90 minutes to just get on the property! Once parked check in was at least quick and painless but this resort is extremely dated ie it's old! Rooms were dark and musty. Sofa carpets and chairs just worn out. You have to sit by window to get wifi. Ordered pizza that nite and literally could not eat it. It was cold on arrival at room and it was loaded with old smelly cheese. And we had asked for light cheese. Pizza was tossed in garbage where it should be. Walking around the parking lot to get to your car was a hazardous journey due to the staff driving the golf carts at breakneck speed without regards for anyone's safety. Elevators were exceedingly slow and the hallways were very hot and musty as well. The one good area I can comment on was that security quieted the running screaming kids in the hallway at 10:00 at nite!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wildflower514

Wildflower514,

Than you for being with us on the Hot Rod Power Tour event. I apologize for the issues you incurred beginning with the arrival experience. There were County and City agencies as well as HRPT involved in developing the route into the property. It was such a success that a 30% increase in attendance arrived.
Hopefully we may see again in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is our second visit to Chula Vista and it was well worth it! My wife and I were there for a weekend getaway from Chicago for a couple of days of golf and great food at Kaminski Brothers Chop House. Neither disappointed! The golf course was in great shape and the green fees were very reasonable. The staff was excellent and made for a great golfing experience. Chicago has some of the best steak restaurants in the country, but Kaminski Brothers can hold their own with any of the city's finest. Manager Brad Sigmund was amazing and very welcoming. His knowledge of food and wine is incredible! The there was bartender Josh Staniszewski, a great mixologist and his brother, Jordan, who waited on us! Jordan was very well versed in the menu and how steaks are prepared and her made a killer table-side salad and great recommendations for wine! I highly recommend Chula Vista and especially Kaminski Brothers Chop House! We will definitely be back again and again.

Room Tip: For those playing golf chose the Golf Villas. If you have a family and want to use the water park chose the condos with complete kitchen and hot tub inside.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Nicholas O,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback on your stay and for recognizing our team members in Kaminski's Chophouse.
Hopefully we will be able to be of service to you again in the not to distant future. Have a great summer and safe travels.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I won a free night stay at the Chula and thank goodness it was free. When we arrived, we had to wait in a long line to check in (on a weekend day) and there was only one person helping people. She was awesome and very helpful but she was stressed out because the line kept getting longer and longer. Many employees walked by and looked at the long lines but didn't do anything to help. I stopped by the front desk a handful of times at our one night stay and same thing - no one around to help out.
The room was ok - fraying carpeting and we were in the old building so I guess that can explain some of the run downness. The pillows were awful and the room numbering system was a little crazy. The "fitness center" was CRAZY, small and worthless. So, instead I went for a run outside. The Chula Vista needs to work on that.
The park itself was ok - I love the setting of the place. The river and the dells are gorgeous. My kids are very good swimmers and have been to larger waterparks so they were a little bored. Overall I won't be back. If I am going to go to the Dells - I will go to a larger resort.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank smilenyc

Smilenyc,

Thank you for being with us on your recent journey, I am sorry that we did not fully meet your expectations on this visit, We will be doing hotel upgrades this fall in the hotel rooms so hopefully you may be able to give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was there recently with my husband and six-year-old twins and I was not impressed with the level of safety in the indoor waterpark. We were there for about 4 hours and the lifeguards on duty seemed bored or ineffective. A few specific incidents:
- Children were allowed to swim and horse around in the lazy river. This should not be allowed at all. At one point, a family was positioning themselves in one corner of the river and treating it like their own private swimming pool. They were in a spot where it was hard for the lifeguard to get their attention. We watched as she repeatedly tried to whistle and get their attention. This went on for at least 10 minutes. I kept thinking, there should be a supervisor jumping in that river and gettting them to MOVE!
-There were no lifeguards AT ALL at Mount Montezuma's Mayan Temple. This is a large area of the park with several slides that empty into about two feet of water. Occasionally a lifeguard would wander over but nobody was positioned at the bottom of the slides or at the top. Children were running (a no no) and falling all over the place.

I attempted to speak with a supervisor but he was busy talking to another mom (seemed to be about the same thing I was going to complain about). We will not be returning to Chula Vista until I am certain the policies have changed.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Chicagophotog,

I am sorry that you and your family did not feel comfortable in the waterpark. Our team does take safety as a priority and all of staff is certified. I have passed your information on to our WP Manager for your review with his team. Thank you for the feedback.