Chula Vista Resort
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$145
Ramada Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$90
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$124
Indian Trail Motel(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$79
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$86
Baker's Sunset Bay Resort(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$82
Wintergreen Resort & Conference Center(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$134
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
US$224
Twi-Lite Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
US$74
US$70
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$81
2,329 results
All reviewschop houseunderground tunnelall inclusive packagebedroom condothe indoor water parkgreat escapefull kitchenwisconsin riverall agesoff seasonolder kidstwo queen bedsgreat resorta lot of funyear oldsmini golffamily vacation
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We opted for the all inclusive and it was a good value for our family. We are all grown ups. It was nice getting drinks and food when we wanted. We didn't have to carry cash around.
-The rooms are clean, but dated.
-The property is very well cared for, lovely views
- the water park was fine, but limited. It's nice not having to wait in lines or struggle to find a seat.
-I don't think they make-up the rooms that have kitchens, but if you need something they'll get it straight away. But they should set expectations for guests in those rooms.
-If your looking for posh this will disappoint you, the beds are getting old and the rooms are utilitarian.
-I misunderstood the spa area I thought it was adults only- which would have been more relaxing. We had kids who treated it like regular pool, handstands, goofing around etc. I like kids so it didn't bother me too much, but it would have been nice to have adult places.
But this is the Dells, if you want get away from noise and confusion the Dells probably isn't for you.

2  Thank MarcyGlasses
Dan H, General Manager at Chula Vista Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

MarcyGlasses,

Great to have you with us and thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback on your stay. Glad to see that you had a memorable time and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our kids loved the water park. Food was excellent, but a little pricey. We were somewhat disappointed in our room accommodations. Upon arrival, we noticed that there was no remote control for the TV. The front desk was excellent in getting us one. The room lighting was way too dark and some bulbs were burned out. The room was painted a dark color which didn't help. Also, the screen was broken out at the bottom on the balcony door. We had a coffee pot, but there were no glasses or cups. We had nothing to drink water from. The room was very clean. Although, our family had a great time at the water park, we will probably not return again.

1  Thank JnK99

JNK99,

We appreciate you being with us and thank you for the feedback. I am sorry that the room was not prepared as it should have been prior to your arrival. I am glad to see that your family had an enjoyable time in Los Rios water park.. Hopefully we may see you again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

After reading many of the reviews, I had debated whether to find another hotel for our vacation. I am really glad I decided to go ahead with Chula Vista. I booked the Family Suite in the tower. The room was spacious, and very clean! There are many visitors due to the size but that did not deter our fun at all. The water parks were busy but there are always seats available. My teenagers were off going down slides and swimming and survived having fun for hours without the need for their electronic devices. Every single employee that we had interaction with was nice, courteous and went above and beyond our expectations. We were disappointed about the size and location of the wave pool, but we had many other alternatives. I think the biggest problem with Chula Vista is also the biggest problem anywhere you go.....the other guests. My advice would be to avoid weekends and get to the waterparks early for peak enjoyment time.

LJP21,

Thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and I was glad to see that you and your family had such a good time on your getaway..We appreciate you being with us and hopefully we may be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

If you have never been to another Wisconsin Dells property before you might have no idea that this wasn't the best. My family and I always stay at the Wilderness, however, it was booked as this was a last minute trip before we all go back to work... four of us are teachers.

Check in was smooth and we actually got our room right away. We were staying over at the Villas. Due to all the bad reviews, our expectations were not very high. When we opened our room we were pleasantly surprised... It was clean and looked nice. We had a full size oven, microwave, and then a mini fridge. Even the sofa sleeper mattress was not bad. We had a nice balcony that overlooked the golf course. It wasn't bad. There was also a hot tub that the people in the Villa could use... Which was very nice!

We settled in and went to go check out the pools. The wave pool looked fun, but it was more on the smaller size. However, like I said... We are used to Wilderness and their wave pool... This is about half the size. Then we were trying to find how to get into the waterpark... Some kids directed us and off we went. I did like the fact that they scanned the wristbands. This way you know the only people in there are people who are staying. We walked into the indoor waterpark and it was dark and over crowded. The pictures show it being very bright... It is not at all. It was sunny outside, but looked so overcast inside. They need more windows or something. It was so crowded that we could barely walk anywhere so we decided to go check the outdoor area. To get outside you have to walk through a food place... I didn't like this. It grossed me out due to wet napkins being on the floor and the floor being very wet and slippery. Anyways, once we got outside the whole area was such a disappointment... It was hot and we all wanted to find a pool to cool ourselves off in... Well if you are looking for areas to just jump into a pool... You are at the wrong hotel. In the outdoor waterpark area there is a little section like this, however, because it is the only section it was way overcrowded and when I say little, I mean LITTLE! Like I have been saying, if you are used to places like the Wilderness or Great Wolf, you will be very disappointed. We finally found the only pool that we could just get in and it was the sport pool... Which had two basketball hoops and a volleyball net. It was way too small to house all of this. Basically Chula Vista needs to open up a bigger pool where people can go in when it's hot and they don't want to be in a wave pool or going down slides... Maybe a lazy river outside would be nice! Also, the one thing I was excited about was the rollercoaster water slide and it was down for maintenance. What a bummer! My family all believed that the Villas should have a little pool as well... Along with their hot tub that way you can stay over there and still enjoy a pool. Something to think about putting in, Chula Vista! And be aware, like other reviewers have said chlorine levels are high... Our swimsuits all lost their color.

Overall the stay was fine... The villa rooms were nice. We were just disappointed with the water options. Would we stay here again? Probably not.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lauren L

Lauren L,

We appreciate you being with us and thank you for giving us an opportunity to be of service to you.
Glad to see that your accommodations worked well for your visit. I am sorry that the waterpark did not meet your expectations o this particular visit.
Hopefully you enjoyed the scenic river views during your stay. we will be sure to keep you informed of future progress.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

For the amount of money paid, I was expecting way more. First, their signature water roller coaster was down for repair and not one staff member had any idea when it would be back open (never was during our stay). The lazy river had no more than 20 tubes, and my family was never able to use that attraction because of it. The chlorine level was so high, it burned the eyes just to be breathing the air in the indoor water park.

Despite the fact that we were out of our hotel room during the day, our room never got cleaned. The hallways near the elevators (where our room was) smelled like smoke due to utility rooms where the staff took smoke breaks.

All in all very disappointing. My advice is to spend the extra money for a competing resort, you'll be much happier.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank CichFamily

Cich Family,

We appreciate you feedback, I am sorry that we did not deliver in all areas of your stay. the housekeeping issues were addressed with the appropriate manager. Hopefully we can be of service again in the future.