“STAY AWAY”

Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #73 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever seen. Do not stay there! I had 2 free nights and I still did not stay. While I was checking in 2 ladies complained of bug bites. The hall floors and walls were dirty and in need of repair. My room had BLOOD stains on the comforter, the pillows were stained with black streaks and the sheets had not been replaced. I walked into this room, inspected it and walked right out. Do not waste your time visiting this place. Please listen to me you will not regret it! The only positive I can say about this hell hole is the night mngr Renee was nice.

Room Tip: do not stay here
1  Thank travis s
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

They advertised an outdoor pool. It was not open because, we were told by staff, it was not safe. They advertised in-room microwave and fridge. There was none. We did not have enough clean towels and could not getmore as the washing machine was broken. There was no coffee. The juice machine was out of order. The indoor pool was dirty and the pool room was not air conditioned. I couldgo on but this shouldbe enough to warrant my 'terrible' rating.

2  Thank rg170

Reviewed 24 July 2013

This is the most disgusting, gross hotel I have ever stayed at. Woke up with BEDBUGS crawling on us after 3 hours of sleep. We captured a few "samplings" of the bugs and took them to the front desk. We packed up in 2 minutes and immediately left, after requesting a full refund of our charges at the front desk. The General Manager of this fleabag hotel expects us to pay $57.00, (50% of the bill), to have had the pleasure/ enjoyment of getting to sleep with BEDBUGS! ! ! ! ! ! I have never been so disgusted in all my life. We didn't shower, eat breakfast, have coffee, or even brush our hair before getting the hell out of there.
Our first impressions of the filthy hole should have been a warning. Looks scary from the outside and only gets creepier on the inside. Looks and smells dirty in the halls. The pool is cloudy/ murky. The hot tub jets don't work/ bubble. Oh yeah, the outdoor pool??? It had one foot of green, filthy water at the bottom -- obviously not in working order. Key cards took an average of 6 tries to get them to work each time. One towel was provided in the bathroom. The tub looked filthy.
I beat and vaccuumed our luggage when we got home -- not to mention spraying it with bug spray. (probably should have burned it) I never saw a bedbug before and had to do some research on the EconoLodge Wisconsin Dells hotel inhabitants..... You cannot feel the bugs biting you, and the itchy bites don't show up for 1 - 14 days. I can hardly wait...... Thanks for the WORST HOTEL EXPERIENCE OF OUR LIVES! SHAME on the owners, Choice Hotels, the General Manager (Matt), and the lack of any standards for a healthy, clean hotel. **** Definitely DO NOT stay here! ****

Room Tip: If you like bedbugs and fleas, try room #251.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Georgia M

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Wish I had read the other reviews before I subjected my tired family of 4 to (not) sleeping here! Unfortunately, we passed on the recommended inn because there were only rooms with one bed and a pull-out coach available. My husband almost got up in the middle of the night to sleep in the car! Our kids enjoyed the pool but not one of us slept through the night. The beds were like boards and the rooms smelled of mold and mildew. The breakfast room was depressing. Almost felt bad for the nice staff who have to work there. Overall, it was awful.

2  Thank Sue H

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We booked this hotel blindly based on price. After the fact, we saw the bad reviews. We were very scared. We showed up to friendly service and we thoroughly inspected our rooms. They were clean and free of all nasties. There were no towels, but that was the least of our concerns since we brought our own. The breakfast was small and limited so we went elsewhere.

Room Tip: Inspect your rooms, bring your own towels
1  Thank kyletstrand

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Hope to see you during your next visit.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This hotel charged my accounts over $1600 for a 2 night stay. A 2 night stay in a filthy, disgusting, smelly, moldy, health hazard of a room. Believe what you read and times it by a million. Econolodge Corporate will not help you. A civil suit will be following my stay after my bank clears up the charges. General Manager Prince is a joke and a liar. I sent the police over to file a fraud and theft complaint, and he outright lied. RUN FAST and cancel your reservations if you have one but make sure you obtain a paper trail and keep all confirmation/reference numbers.

3  Thank 21,467
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Should be closed down and redone believe the reviews and billing issue still trying to get some help getting the over billing back its truely like staying at the Bates motel !!!! Matt the manager has only one goal take you money and never return your calls worst manager ever Choice Hotels get rid of them quick and fix our problems !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Just do not stay here sleep in your car first !!!!
2  Thank POd54935