“OUT OF A HORROR FILM!! DO NOT STAY HERE EVERRR!!”

Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #69 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
Addison, Illinois
“OUT OF A HORROR FILM!! DO NOT STAY HERE EVERRR!!”
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I came to the Dells with my family and my cousins. We decided to trust the usually good name of Days Inn and stayed in. BIG MISTAKE! We walked and saw our room was full of open beer cans, tissue papers, and the bed sheets all over the room. The cleaning lady was called (very nice) and we had to wait an hour for it to be cleaned. As soon as we came in, we noticed a heavy cigarette smell. None of us smoke, and i have severe asthma reactions to first hand smoke, so it was very bothering to me. We went to the front desk and told them to change our room to nonsmoking, and he told us that the room was nonsmoking, and that there were no other rooms availible. I told him to atleast change the sheets to get rid of the smell, and he told me he would. We left for the dells and came back, and SURPRISE, bedsheets were unchanged. Horrible service. I tried to go to sleep and i felt something crawling on my leg, i opened the light and i saw a tick biting my leg. I searched the bed and I found two more, and told my relatives to check theirs in their own rooms. Unsuprisingly, every singly one of them found ticks. I "slept" on a rollaway bed all night with fear of more ticks. My car was a more comfortable option. Pool was nasty, outdoor had spit and dead flies, and indoor was murky and nasty. Didnt even go in. Breakfast was ok. OTHER GUESTS DRINKING AND SMOKING IN LOBBY, MAKING RACIST JOKES ABOUT US AS WE WENT IN AND OUT! HORRIBLE PLACE TO STAY! RUN AWAY AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS PLACE!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank zaneusb

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Plastic on our windows, pool that was not fit for swimming, and false advertising. Thank goodness the no smoking law is going into affect. Total ripoff

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank yamonWisconsin

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

waupun
Reviewed 10 June 2010

starting at a base of 10, let's deal with the negatives first. the air con was dusty as well as you could see spores or such in the screen of the air con. minus 2 points their business center was "down indefinately"untill we get another computer" -- their words in " "-1 as i missed a very important transfer i had to make due to no computer. about 3 days into my stay my room card stopped working and i got soaked trying to get it to work to open the outer door in a heavy downpour, as well as walking to the front desk. after a worker let me in the door and my room.-1. they are going completely non smoking as of july first so that's another -1 in my book. 3 of four nights there was comotion/trouble it the parking lot at 3 or 4am -1other than that the room was fairly clean, didn't clean it or change linens when i went out during the day just took my garbage from me ect. overall it fit my needs, but if i'd known the comp was down, i would have booked elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
7 Thank bigdaddyt42
Chicago
Reviewed 30 May 2010

Before we found tripadvisor, we booked our room a month in advance of the Memorial Day Holiday at this Day's Inn. After we found Tripadvisor we became frightened after reading all the bad reviews about this place. We even tried to cancel our reservation but was unsuccessful due to their cancelliation policy.

So we decided to just deal with it and stay here since we got such a good rate of $59/night. When we arrived we found the hotel under construction so the outside pool was off limits. When we checked in the staff was very pleasant not rude as we expected after reading the online reviews.

Initially, we were placed in a room on the 2nd floor with a bad air conditioner. As soon as we notified the front desk that the air conditioner was broken, they immediately put us in another room and apologized. Again, no rudeness.

The rooms overall in this hotel are average...honestly, not bad. This hotel certainly does not compare to the resorts up here in Wisconsin Dells but if you are looking for a place just to crash for the night since you are out all day anyway it's honestly not that bad. The bed was wonderful (actually very comfortable), bathroom was small, and the inside pool, sauna, and whirlpool is not that bad.

The hotel is located in a terrific locaton in the Dells and again perfect for budget minded families. If you want luxery then go to a resort but if you want a room for $59/night then don't go online and write a terrible review about this place because what do you expect for $59/night? Give this place a break...it's actually not that half bad.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pickleman773
chicago
Reviewed 19 April 2010

I usually read these reviews with an open mind. Good experiences don't get reported, bad ones can't be silenced. But everything they say about this place is correct: the smell, the inept and rude staff, the dirty carpets...So if location and price (really not that great by the way) are your only criterion, and you don't mind sleeping in filth and smells, this is the perfect place.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business