“Really liked this hotel.”

Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells
Ranked #69 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
GreenLeadersGold level
“Really liked this hotel.”
Reviewed 30 January 2011

After hearing such terrible stuff about this hotel I was expecting the worst but it wasn't. The pool was awesome and super warm. The new renovation looks great. Great continental breakfast. The beds were so comfy. For being as cheap as it was I would stay thereagain. The only complaint I have is our room was super small. I figured a queen room would be decent size but it was super small. I wish we could of upgraded cause we were gonna have some family to our room and we could of never done that. Otherwise great hotel

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank sarahngehrke
just_a_traveler3000, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, 17 March 2011
Thank You for your response. We are always here to make sure you have a wonderful stay with us. We hope to see you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I was traveling from Wisconsin to Phoenix and had another 1600 miles ahead of me. I just wanted to crash for a few hours in Wisconsin Dells, get up at 6 am and continue my trip.

What I did not know when I checked in was that this place has a serious problem with smokers. When I checked in I already found it strange that I had to sign a declaration that I agreed to pay a fine if I smoked on the room (I never smoked in my life...)

When I tried to sleep I was wondering what all these people were doing in front of my window, at the peak there were 2 groups at a distance of 5 - 15 feet, talking so loud that I could hear every single word. I called the receptionist and explained that I would not be able to sleep in this room. Instead of offering me a different room it was "I will talk to them - it is not going to happen again"

It happened again and again, until the last congregation at 4 am. Finally I was able to sleep early in the morning at a time at which I was planning to be on the road again. When I asked for a partial refund it was "We tried our best and there is nothing we can do about people who stand smoking on the parking lot, they have the right to smoke anywhere outside"

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank flyhi152

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 September 2010

We were there from Sept 4-6. After reading the reviews, I was so scared that the hotel will be filthy and yucky since they accept pets. I'm a bit of a clean freak even though I have two dogs. So, I brought our own bed sheet and towels.. just in case.

We only had a problem with the key once. The front desk lady told us we have to slide the key in slowly.. after that the key cards always work.

I was afraid that we're gonna get the worst bedroom since we brought our dogs. However, we got a second floor room, which was really nice.
When I went into the room on the second floor, I was stunned. It's nice and clean (and I did checked every corners). The bathroom was clean with nice yellow striped shower curtain (no mold and the bathroom was very bright). The bathroom was so small, it's hard to move around, but it's okay. The bed sheet was clean inside and out, no stains no bugs. Great..!!! I didn't change the bed sheet. I used the hotel's.

The outside area is also okay. Well, we saw some soda cans in the parking area, but only in the corner near Pirate Coves. The area close to the office was clean. We also didn't see even one dog poop! Thank you to all the pet owners who cleaned up after their pets.

The breakfast is nice ( yes.. they have waffle iron!).. and the lady who worked there on Sunday morning (I didn't catch her name) was very nice and very diligent in making sure that the breakfast room is clean. Too bad I didn't see her on the second morning to thank her.

The only negatives we experienced were during our second and third days.
They didn't clean our room. They never picked out the trash by the entrance doors. We didn't complain about it, though.

Maybe we're just lucky... but we did enjoy our stay there... and we were happy that we got a clean room.

Days Inn management, if you read this, you have a wonderful location and you have a huge opportunity to make this hotel FULL all the time. We, pet owners, are looking for CLEAN hotels to stay.
We may stay there again if we go to Wisconsin Dells again this October. I hope we will get the same great experience there.

I would recommend this hotel to my friends, but I'm not 100% positive yet until our second or third visit :)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LuckyGolden
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Wisconsin Dells, responded to this review, 7 November 2010
It is good to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel and rooms. We would like to see you again soon. We thank you for your comments. We will use your comments to make your future stay even better. If there is anything else we can do to make your future stay with us more enjoyable, please give us a call at 608-254-6444.

Prince Tuhin, GM
Days Inn of Wisconsin Dells
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 9 September 2010

Where do I begin?
Dirty room
Obnoxious staff especially Naheem and his girlfriend.
Pet policy not made clear ahead of time, notified that we would have to pay a fine for leaving our 17lb ferocious beast unattended.
Bogus $82 mystery charge on my credit card
Interesting to discover on this website that other travelers who complained about things at this inn of horrors also had the cops called on them. This was a new experience for me but the nice officer revealed to me that the Dells police dept gets quite a few calls from the staff at this place when guests dispute charges or complain about nonexistent service.
If you are going to be in the Dells, you'll have a great time as long as you don't stay at Days Inn.
This was absolutely the worst hotel experience I have ever had anywhere in the world.
Oh did I mention that we were charged twice for the dubious privilege of staying at this fleapit for three nights?

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank allwhowander031
Deerfield, Illinois
Reviewed 29 August 2010

You all are living high on a hill and should be on a cruise in the caribbean , not in the Dells,
For the money compared to most place this place is GREAT, right in the middle of everything.
They do not have the best rooms, but who come to the Dells to "sit in a room"
Do that at home!!!
There was a stain on our bed and housekeeping went and replaced it right away!!
A/C worked great, other cupple we came with had ac problem, they swapped rooms no questions asked!!!
Pool was a pool, clean and refreshing.
In 4 nights our key stopped working once, they explained it has to run at a lower frequency, so it doesn't ruin your important credit cards, acceptable.
We had bats in the entrance, kinda cool, pet to come home to. lol
I guess you get what you pay for, $347 for wed-sun in prime time in the Dells would of been $600 anywhere else. WELL WORTH IT!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carz1433
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 608-254-6444.

Prince Tuhin, General Manager
Days Inn of Wisconsin Dells
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 August 2010

A friend and I traveled around the midwest for a week. This was definetly the worst of the 5 hotels we stayed in. However it was also the cheapest at $55 a night (thank you Hotwire!). The room was not glamorous, but the linens on the bed were obviously new, and the towels were clean - however I broke out in a (harmless) rash all over my neck and cheeks from whatever cheap-o detergent they use there, but im prone to that reaction more than others. There were some cracks in the walls, our sink was a bit lopsided, and our room key needed to be re-programmed at least 8 times in 3 days as we kept getting locked out. The room smelled a little over-scented and this whole hotel needs a major update.
HOWEVER:
We were 5 minutes from EVERYTHING in the Wisconsin Dells, and the only time we spent in our room for 3 days was spent sleeping. Though a bit shabby, the room was clean. They also offer a very nice continental breakfast complete with a waffle iron!! They also have 2 very nice swimming pools (one inside, one out) and a nice sauna. The beds were comfy, the AC worked, and it was quiet. I think a lot of reviewers are overreacting at just how bad the place is lol.
BOTTOM LINE
If you are travelling on a budget and dont need to be IN the room that much, just need a clean place to crash, while you enjoy the exciting/cheesy/hilarious Wisconsin Dells for a FEW days, and you are not an uptight person - I think this hotel is fine.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Gillette, Wyoming
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I feel so stupid since I did not check Trip Advisor before I made these reservations!!! You see the name Days Inn and think that it has to be a good place and they had the continental breakfast so we reserved online for 7 days.

I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone!!!! Our key card was deactivated 3 different days, housekeeping did not come to our room after our 1st night so we had to complain to the front desk. We had to go down numerous times to get towels, etc.

They have made it a nonsmoking hotel and there was new carpet in our room and the hallway but it was never vacuumed our whole stay.

The bathroom was so dark couldn't tell how clean things were. I wanted to look for a new place but my husband didn't want to pack all of our belongings up and run all over looking for new lodging.

The continental breakfast was OK, it is located in a hotel room and it was so warm and poorly ventilated that you ate quickly and got out of there as soon as you could.

It was a VERY DIRTY place and I would never ever stay there again. I will tell everyone to STAY AWAY.

Shame on you for giving the Days Inn a bad name!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family