“Good quality breakfast food.”
Review of Great Karoo

Great Karoo
Ranked #35 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were always there right at opening in the morning and the food was fresh, hot and delicious! Price was good for items offered. Wait staff was very attentive.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for all of the kind words on your experience from the Great Karoo. Not just right away, but all throughout the morning we are continually swapping food to make sure each guest receives the freshest and highest quality breakfast meal. Thank you again and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We went to the Great Karoo for breakfast on 2 different mornings. The selection was adequate and the food was delicious. The omelet stations was very good as well. They even were able to accommodate my wife's gluten free allergy for bread. It may seem small, but finding restaurants that have gluten free bread is not easy.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thanks for dining at the Great Karoo. I am so happy you were both able to find food selections that you enjoyed. We are proud to offer gluten-free bread and accommodate to most food allergies. Take care and we hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate supper at the Great Karoo buffet, and it was just average. Most things seemed like they were frozen before being cooked. The desserts were frozen and sorta freezer burned; they had no flavor. The pasta station was awesome though, because the cook made the noodles and sauce while you watched. Many kid-friendly options, and they're not too picky, but I noticed again the food wasn't that great. The mac and cheese was dry-the noodles were orange but there NO sauce. Ick. Most of the meat I had I felt was fatty. Not worth the $22 a person price.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hello. I am saddened to hear about your recent experience at Great Karoo. I can assure you that all of our dishes are fresh and never frozen. We offer a variety of items on our buffets for kids and adults of all ages. I am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your meal. I remain hopeful that you will try Great Karoo again in the future on your next visit to Kalahari. Take care.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We love this restaurant. Their buffet is fantastic and the choices are crazy cool!
With picky eaters (my children and I), Great Karoo accommodates us all.

Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thanks for your review of the Great Karoo. We offer selections for everyone. I'm glad everybody you were with was able to find a few items to their liking. We'll see you on your next visit to Kalahari Resort!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

By far, has the best buffet options when compared to other buffet area especially with waterparks. I've stayed at Wilderness, Great Wolf, and Chula Vista and dined at their buffet restaurant but none of them compared to this place. This was our first visit and we all enjoyed it. My kids loved the options they had specially for dessert! We were the for dinner and they were serving ribs and steak. We all enjoyed the food and the view since you can see the water park from here. Only thing I didn't like is the price. Hate to spend $15 for 8 year old since he usually doesn't eat much but that night he made it worth it. Kids 3 and under were free but the price is the same for all kids above 4! Would go back there again and would definitely take advantage of the age limit since I still have 2 kids that are under 4. The adult price for that night was around $25 which I think was comparable to other parks with the same amenity.

1  Thank ac1df1123
Kassie R, Social Media Coordinator at Great Karoo, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thanks for giving Great Karoo Buffet a visit. We like to be the best so we appreciate your comments on us compared to our competitors. The selection, ambiance, and incredible presentation are just a few reasons why the buffet is a great choice. We hope to see you back again soon. Thanks again.