“Friendly, attentive owners. Great place to stay in the Dells!”
Review of Trail's End Motel

Trail's End Motel
Trail's End Motel
Ranked #49 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
“Friendly, attentive owners. Great place to stay in the Dells!”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Just stayed at Trails End over Labor Day weekend. The owners Antoine & Karen were very friendly and accomodating. We ran into Antoine and his son several times during our stay... they were always helping a guest or cleaning something. They always smiled and asked how we were doing. Regarding our room, we were pleased with the size and cleanliness. Other motels in the area are pretty run down & smell musty, but our room was clean, fairly modern with flat screen tvs & WiFi, and we had plenty of towels. They tell you in advance that they only provide housekeeping as requested & that was fine with us! We left our trash outside of our room when we left each morning and it was always removed promptly. Pool was nice as was the swing set. Our boys also enjoyed the basketball hoop. If I had to list a flaw, I suppose the pillows were pretty thin and the garbage cans were small... but that's about it! I'd return for sure!

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank gwenra

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spooner, Wisconsin
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Your first impression is the greeting that you receive. One star is for how helpful, pleasant the owners are. When I left, I felt like I was leaving friends. This is not a fancy motel but it is very clean and comfortable. I have been in what some might consider more "up scale" motels but were not as clean as this "down home" type motel. So another star for clean and comfortable. It was great to have a microwave and refrigerator in the room. Nice size TV, Wi-Fi, and several items available upon request. Star number three for convenience items. Star number four is for Price and location. It is locate at the edge of town so one is close to places that one would want to go to but not in the midst of the noise. Free passes to a nearby waterpark was a great savings too and fun. Improvements can always be made, so four stars is as far as I rate out of five stars. I did share one suggestion with the owners and they are very receptive to listening. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary2Rose
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This hotel was nice for the price. Was mostly quiet and owner and his wife were very nice. Also all the extra discounts and free chula vista tickets were nice. The only suggestions i would have to make to the Motel would be to change out the chain locks and make it so you can lock the handle from the inside, also the door frame in our room was little loose (but i felt completely safe there), also the beds were a little hard and pillows flatter than i like. However, like i stay i still had a great time there and it was perfect for what we needed it for! Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Destinee Z
salem
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My family was at the chippewa motel which was awful, so I walked next door to the trails end looking to find a better place. I met Antoinne the owner manager and he was very helpful. My family moved over there the next day. We were much more comfortable there, the rooms and grounds were clean and maintained with pride. The staff was friendly and helpful and any concerns were promply taken care of, price was reasonalble and my kids really enjoyed the pool. We would stay at the Trails End again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank julie M
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My 7yr old niece and I ended up coming to Trail's End Motel last minute. The previous motel we only stayed 1 1/2 hrs as it was horrible!! The outside was clean, the pool looked inviting, and the picnic area and kids playground looked well taken care of. As I walked into the office, I was met by Antoine, the owner (along with his wife Karen) of the motel of 10 years. I was still very upset at the previous place and Antoine let me vent. He was very gracious and I was able to get a room for 3 nights (July 2-4th). Antoine assured me that his property was taken care of by himself, his wife Karen, and his children. There was a coupon in the Wisconsin Dells coupon book. But because of the holiday week, I didn't think I could use it. I had already paid for the 3 nights and was settled in when Antoine surprised us by stopping at our room and giving us the discount! The room was great! We didn't need anything spectacular, but the room was very nice. When we walked in for the first time, it smelled clean. Not musty or antiseptic type clean, but a fresh smell clean. The beds were soft and very comfortable. The room did have a microwave and refrigerator and was furnished very nice. Nothing over the top, but home like. The pool was refreshing and wonderful!! My niece seemed to like it more that the water park. Antoine made sure that we had everything. Every time we saw him (which was often), he would ask if we needed anything, how was our vacation going, etc. Even his kids were checking on us to make sure we were comfortable. I never did get to meet his wife Karen, but every morning she would water the flowers by the pool. Antoine and Karen make the place feel safe and secure. I didn't feel like I had to keep my truck locked or the room locked when we were by the pool. We will definitely stay here again!! I will also recommend this place to my family and friends. Thank you Antoine, Karen and family for making us feel comfortable!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LeahsAuntie
Ripon, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I had a coupon to stay here so I decided to try it out and made a reservation. The week before we were scheduled to arrive, I called to confirm and was told my reservation never made it into the book. They had a room available yet so they booked me. When I arrived I found out I was quoted the wrong price and would not be getting the promised coupon book and waterpark passes because I used a coupon. Room had burned out light bulbs, the tv didn't work the first night, no inside lock on the door, and broken items. Furthermore, they charged my card after the fact for "stealing a power cord" that was never in the room to begin with! Stay FAR, FAR away from this place!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
trailsend2009, Public Relations Manager at Trail's End Motel, responded to this review, 19 May 2015
We stride to please all our guest and will continue too.

Travellers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I have to say when we start planning our trip, we wanted to go all out however we didn't want this trip to be the only one this year. So we start trimming the budget. The whole point of going to the Dells for us was to be outside, enjoying the water parks and all the family activity. So, we cut back on hotel stay. Not ever staying at a motel before, we took the chance and toured multiple places before choosing Trails end. We are so happy we did. They proved to be very clean. The lady even showed us all the hypo allergenic products ,my son is allergic to dust and pollen, he had no problems during the trip. They were so nice and accommodating. We are a family of five, the cost savings gave us more than enough to travel again (major plus.)

Room Tip: ask for packages