“Good food, but pricey” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #112 of 184 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dells Best Seafood! Featuring a great selection of fish and seafood, Prime Rib and Steaks! Kids have lots of fun playing Pirate while the Adults enjoy their meals. Animated Pirates also join in the Fun!
Peoria, Illinois
“Good food, but pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

$19.99 for buffet including Prime Rib, several types of fish, salad bar, dessert bar & a generous amount of sides (corn, fries, homemade chips, fritters). But an additional $11.99 if u want a 1lb bucket of CRAB LEGS or if you want unlimited (All U Can eat EVERYTHING including Crab Legs) its $49.95 per person. Our family just got the regular buffet without the crablegs and it was $19.99 per person PLUS $2 for our drinks each person. Great atmoshphere (decorated like a Pirate Ship), food was good but was not top notch, service was good & friendly, but overall pricey. Our family of (4) spent $103 with the basic buffet and (4) sodas. Beside the prime rib (which was very good), you can get everything else on the bufeet at any Hometown or Country Buffet, MUCH cheaper.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Mid-Central Illinois
“Avoid at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I devoutly wish I would have read the reviews on this place before we went. I couldn't imagine a worse place to eat.
Wow! Where do I start? This place is disgusting on so many levels. First of all, they lure you in with an "all you can eat" crab legs advertisement, then when you sit down they sock you with the price for it! The regular buffet is $19.99 which includes an assortment of fried foods, mini corn dogs, onion rings, crab cakes, fries and hush puppies just to name a few, all taste like frozen food all completely over cooked. Also included is several varieties of vegetables, several varieties of fish cooked different ways all poorly cooked and extremely fishy tasting, rubbery and completely unappetizing. There is also some sushi, salmon and Prime rib, none of which were even passably good. Which brings me to the cost for the "all you can eat" crab legs.....$49.99..are they kidding, my husband loves crab legs, so he got it not knowing we were on the fast track to a train wreck of a meal. The crab legs were cold and they didn't even give you REAL drawn butter! it was a greasy,oily substitute of some kind. The service was horrible and almost non existent. We ended up paying $91.00 for the privilege of enduring one of the worst meal experience we've ever had. We could have gone to Field's on the Wilderness of Moose-jaw and spent a comparable amount or even less and had a fantastic meal. I would not serve this food to my dog! I don't know how they manage to stay in business.

3 Thank Jackimagic
Fox Lake,wi
“No to Happy of A Birthday Meal!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

If your looking to spend $20 on a buffet that is cold and less than fresh Crabby's is your place! We have been looking to go there for years but heard it was $32 per person it was $19.99 for buffet which I could of gotten a better meal at mcD's plus $17.99 for 1# of crab legs! The crab legs were good! The prime rib was cold and had no flavor I told our waitress and she told the manager and he said if I had more they would reheat it for me which I had them do thank god I like my meat well done ! It did come back with flavor this time but still was not up to par! I really wish we would of looked at the buffet before ordering because it was an extreme let down! I was expecting a nice fun 40th b-day meal and I ate like a 4 yr old cuz the food I ate was from the kiddie section because the big people food looked a day or two old and tasted the same way! I watch the food network alot and they always say seafood shouldn't smell fishy because then it wasn't good! I also have to add for the next couple of hours after eating there my husband and I were running to the bathroom constantly! You don't want to be walkiing main street in the dells where you have to find a bathroom every other minute! Save your money and your peace of mind go somewhere else!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JessH40
Chicago, Illinois
“Stay Away, Don't Waste Your Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We went later in the evening because the kids wanted seafood. Well it took 15 minutes before a waitress came over. We had two coupons one for $2 for adults and $1 for kids the other was for free drinks. The waitress said the drinks coupons was the better deal because all drink were $3 even kids drinks no matter what size. The Buffet was $20 for adult, 13 for 9-14 and for the 3 year old $5. You could get all you can eat crab legs for $50. This was the worst buffet ever the choices were so slim for $20 there was corn, hush puppies,mixed vegs, hard fried chicken, dry chicken fingers, cold seasoned fries, red potatoes, i think they were ribs smashed up, popcorn nasty not devained shrimp, mac n cheese, seafood consisted of tilapia, sward fish, dover sole, mussels, crawfish, chilled shrimp, and california rolls, a small salad bar with 3 kinds of fruits, desert table with three deserts (rice crispies treats, come on) and ice cream. My daughter had a lb. of crab legs they were cold and nasty for $11.99. We had to look for our server several times the service was awful. My husband even told the owner the food was horrible. He said this was his first time hearing about it all day and he served over 600 people today. If this is true well people just except anything! Instead of Crabby's it should be called Nasty's!

2 Thank DebbyD24
Wisconsin Dells, WI.
“Clean. Great food and great prices. Will definately be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

Upon arriving at crabbys with my wife and two daughters we were greeted by a friendly hostess and seated immediately. Very impressed by the buffet and the crab legs are the best I've had without being in florida. Cannot wait to go to the dells again to eat here. Wish it was a franchise. great value, too.