“Wouldn't go again” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #113 of 183 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Dells Best Seafood! Featuring a great selection of fish and seafood, Prime Rib and Steaks! Kids have lots of fun playing Pirate while the Adults enjoy their meals. Animated Pirates also join in the Fun!
Bluffs
“Wouldn't go again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I went along because I was with a group of friends who wanted to go here. I had already read reviews and told my friends it didn't have good reviews, but they really wanted to go. Setting was kind of neat, pirate costumes, things hanging from ceiling, etc. Food was average. My favorites were the mussels and the cod. Mini cupcake was great too, but other than that, I didn't come close to getting my money's worth and was thankful when the bill came, that I was the only one to pay for. There was prime rib that was very rare, and I suppose if you like that sort of thing, it would be a better deal, but I don't like for the cow to still be mooing when it's served. ;) We were also charged a tip, because we had a group of 11. The service we received did not compare to the tip our waitress received (especially for a buffet style restaurant). She was nice, just not real efficient at filling drinks and taking plates away. Not a bad experience, but nowhere worth the money.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Brenda M

• Polish first
Wonder Lake, Illinois, Usa
“Seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The seafood is not very good. Crab is so thin when you crack it you have to search for the meat. Great service and nice friendly staff just need to upgrade the food a little.

Visited August 2013
Minnesota
“Even Old Country Buffet is Better than Crabby's!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

When we go on trips, we like to try different restaurants - meaning no chain restaurants. I'm not aware if Crabby's is a chain, but it was new to us. We had a 10% coupon off our total bill - thank goodness!! I'm not trying to be mean, but for the price paid there was so little to choose from. They didn't have much fresh food, or healthy food to pick from. Most was fried, to I'm sure appease little ones. Yes the prime was delicious as has been mentioned, but that sums it up. It's the best thing they have going for them! We have a large family(7 in all) with three younger daughters(ages 3, 6, & 7). They love Jake and the Neverland Pirates cartoon and we thought they'd love going here. They did enjoy the atmosphere and the hats, which was great. But other than that your wallet will be feeling much lighter and your stomach not satisfied. Better off skipping and finding another restaurant for your value.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sundestinations
Winnipeg, Canada
“Good for the preschooler picky eater”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Our 3 year old doesn't like most food, but was able to find something here. We all were satisfied and we were not looking for fine dining. The kids liked the little hats and the atmosphere. We were starving and left satisfied. I skipped the fish offerings as they did not look appealing, but everything I selected was good. Drink refills were offered several times (and refused as one glass of pop each is enough for us), but our youngest had a couple of glasses milk. I think it is a good place to take the family even though it was a bit pricy.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Wisconsin
“Restaurant Impossible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

For a place called "Crabbys" you would think crab legs would be included in the buffet. Nope. They're an extra $10 a pound. Soup was luke warm. Crawfish are served cold. Skimpy salad bar. Small selection of fish. I would not eat here again.

3 Thank tikinaut