“Kitschy fun place for dogs, beefs and such”
Review of Rail Dog

Rail Dog
Ranked #73 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Rail Dog is off the main stretch of downtown Wisconsin Dells. It's a unique place to say the least. The man who runs it (one man runs it all) has his restaurant inside an old caboose rail car. He's funny and talkative. The kind of place you might find in a Chicago neighborhood. Fresh cut fries, dogs, polish, beef sandwich and other items I don't recall. My boys had dogs. I had a polish taco, which is a polish sausage in a flour tortilla. My wife had a Dells Taco. Shredded beef inside a flour tortilla with fixings. All came with fries. Drinks were a buck a can. A cheap fast meal and a fun experience. Definitely worthy of a visit while in the Dells. I rate it very good for the kind of food that ti is. This is not health food or veggie food. It's old school fast food before there was such a thing.

2  Thank artrummler

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stopped in at this place for a hot dog meal and discovered the polish sausages too It was DELICIOUS Your hot dogs and polish sausages are made to order and each comes with fresh fries They'll put whatever fixins you want on them They also have sodas for sale The owner and cook was very friendly and personable We absolutely LOVED it and highly recommend stopping in

2  Thank yatzee25
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Great Hot Dogs. Sit outside on picnic tables and enjoy the food. Try the Polish Tacos and Dells Tacos...they are terrific. Tony, the owner is a real treat. Ask him about the rail car and his new caboose room. Yes, an actual train car (caboose) you can rent for the night. Only 1 block off Broadway.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Everything you're reading is true! Great little spot off the main drag. Worthy of it's number 1 rating. The owner told us to enjoy our food while it was hot, and to just pay when we were done. Such a fun place!

1  Thank EleniQDrake
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Our family made our usual stop at Raildog. There was a large group in front of us--the owner still managed to work quickly. I placed my order & was told he was out of meat for the dells taco (the group cleaned him out more or less) well, he did have enough for one....we modified our order & had our delicious food ASAP. The owner could tell I was disappointed & gave me a "surprise" to compensate. As he said "not secret--a surprise" best character, food, prices....I could go on & on. Please treat yourself the next time you are in the area!