“Go somewhere else”

Ranked #104 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 July 2010

There are hundreds of other places to eat in the Dells and the best advice I can give is to go somewhere else. The restaurant appears nice and professional, however our experience proved otherwise. Our waitress claimed she could not switch an order five minutes after it was made, however she easily took off a soda that was wrongly put on our bill. The food wasn't horrible, but on the burgers we were only given one tomato slice, which happend to have the sticker still on it. When we questioned the server if they had washed the tomatoes (clearly they would have seen the sticker if the tomatoes were properly washed, not to mention nobody wants to eat a sticker) she rudely rolled her eyes and said "all that means is that there's a sticker on your tomato" and walked away. I myself am employed at a restaurant and we take our quests very seriously. The guest is always right and I couldn't believe this waitress would talk back to her guests, I'm suprised she hasn't been fired for her rude behavior. She also only visited our table the bare minimum and we had to go up to the bar to request refills on our drinks due to her negligence. The somewhat decent food you get here is not worth the horrible service and the poor quality of the food.

There are newer reviews for Tugs Kitchen

Reviewed 5 July 2010

Was driving through the Dells looking for a 'local' place to stop (don't like the chains) and caught a parking space right in front of Tugs. Decided it looked like a casual local kind of place that we like, so went on in. They had the beer list up on a chalk board which drew us in to a seat at the bar. Beers ranged from local Wisc brews to Rogue, Three Floyds, Fat Tire and the like. Enjoyed a Shrimp Po Boy and Mufallata - good food. The beers were great at $2 a pint! Service was solid - the gals were attentive and food came quickly enough. Nice place.

Reviewed 31 July 2009

I have been a regular at showboat saloon (the bar connected to this resturant) for many years. I always go there for the music. I was very happy to see that they added a resturant so now i can go there to eat and drink. The pizza was very good and thay have a very different but good looking menu for a good price.

Reviewed 9 June 2009

But excellent bar food with FAST friendly service. I didn't leave hungry. This is a great addition to the downtown Dells.