“Great atmosphere, Super friendly Bar”

Port Vista Waterfront Bar & Grill
Ranked #114 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was in Lake Delton for a Building Inspector training conference for three days. Decided after two days of boredom, I would treat myself to a decent meal. I was looking for an out of the way place that the local's would go to. I found a gem here.

The bartender and customers were very friendly from the moment I walked into the door. I sat at the bar and ordered their "world famous" 32 ounce steak which came with a potato and salad. I would say it wasn't the very best steak I have ever had, but it was good. Super value for the whopping price of $19.95. I would absolutely order it again. I ate at the bar, and service was good.

The best part was how friendly everyone was, the staff and customers. After I finished my meal, I sat at the bar and talked with the bartender and customers for about an hour. They included me in conversations like I was a local.

If you are looking for a friendly neighborhood bar atmosphere with good food, you have to try this place. I know I will be back this summer on my motorcycle.

Lisa8503, Public Relations Manager at Port Vista Waterfront Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi Bob-

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our bar and grill! We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us! See you this summer!

There are newer reviews for Port Vista Waterfront Bar & Grill

Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

When we first pulled up we almost drove away. It looked like a little hole in the wall bar from the outside and when we walked in everyone stared at us!!! It is definatley a place for the locals. We decided to order something to drink and just sit at the bar and watch.
The older lady working the bar was very prompt and nice. She asked if we wanted menus and we said yes. It was a wednesday night and we wanted to try the 32 oz steak and crab leg special....that was before we saw what we saw.
The "cook" is the bartender and some ratty guy that was whispering about us when we were sitting there. He was smoking a cigarrette when we pulled up. He appeared dirty and there was no way we were letting him or a bartender cook our food. About 20 min later the cook decided to take out the garbage and smoke another cig. Isnt the bus boy supposed to take out the garbage at a "restaurant?"?? By the way the whole time we were there there was only two men eating in the small dining area. Clearly this place has went down hill since the original owner passed.
Dont use the restrooms if u go there! The stall door and bathroon door didnt lock and very dirty!!
It was so awkward the whole time we were there which was only about 30 min.
Perhaps eating there in the summer on the deck outside lack side could be a better experience...you wont have to see who is cooking ur food!!! That is the only way I would have considered consuming food at this bar.

Hello-

We appreciate the time you took to give us your feedback. We are sorry you were disappointed with your visit. We would love to talk further about your experience. Please email us at lakedeltonportvista@gmail.com with your contact information and we will reach out to you. We would love to have the chance to make your experience right.

Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend just ate here and we had the "worlds famous 32 oz steak" (we shared it) and it was fantastic. The atmosphere was a very comfortable bar/restaurant with amazing service. The steak was cooked perfect and the value was unbelievable! A must do for wisconsin dells! Not to mention its lakeside.

Hi David-

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback and are glad your enjoyed the local feel of our gem on the lake :) You'll have to come back and visit this summer when you can enjoy our deck and view of the lake!

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

Just got back from eating at Port Vista in Wisconsin Dells. This was our first visit to this Bar & Grill and from the minute we walked in we were treated like old friends. We don't normally sit at the bar before and after a meal, but we did tonight. Why? Because of the atmosphere. We were well tale care of and made to feel welcome. Then we inquired about what was good to eat and had patrons talk to us like old friends and have us several great suggestions. O.M.G. The food was amazingly good. Again, we don't normally sick around and sit at the bar after eating, but this place & the staff made you want to stay. It felt like we knew the staff for years, yet we've just met.
Folks, if your ever in Wisconsin & in Wisconsin Dells area looking for a great place to eat, drink & socialize, This Is The place to be.
To the cook who cooked our meals to protection, the waiter & the bar tender, we say Thank You! We will brag this place up & recommend it any & everyone we know of or hear of that is coming to the Dells and or just looking for a great place to eat.
Yes...we Will be back.

Hi David,

We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us! Look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Great service. Staff was friendly. This is a bar/food place. We had our two young daughters it was a great place to have a meal. Away from all the busy busy eaters downtown. We will eat at Porta Vista again hopefully in the summer it looked like they have a huge deck outside. It was raining when we visited.

Hi there!

Thanks for taking time to give us a review! We truly appreciate it! Glad you had a great time with us, sorry the weather wasn't so great! You will definitely have to come back and see us in the summer--the view from our deck is great! We also have a sand volleyball area on the waterfront so your kids will have something to do!