“I cannot wait to eat here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thunder Valley Inn

Thunder Valley Inn
Ranked #50 of 185 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Swedish, Norwegian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Waitstaff
Denton, Texas, United States
“I cannot wait to eat here again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Walking in was like entering a friend's home. The food was fantastic - loved the rhubarb! And the servers were very attentive and friendly. Our party included small children, and the staff made it easy for us to enjoy our breakfast. I felt like hugging everyone when we left. :)

Also, outside we could walk around the farm and feed the rabbits or goats, or gaze at the peacock. A little farmers' market in the driveway area offered fresh produce and homemade products. The whole place was a lovely, restful retreat.

I will be certain to visit again!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank Haley M

Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“My favourite place for a Sunday breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Favorite place for tourists and locals!
They have something for every taste.
Traditional American breakfast as well as the GREAT Norwegian pancakes!
The only bad thing...they don't have the breakfast every day! Only Sundays!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank inat4eto
Ransomville, New York
“A definite must for anyone visiting the Dells!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

I can't think of anywhere else I would rather be than Thunder Valley for Sunday morning brunch. Great food, a little Norwegian music and a few Sven and Olie jokes will make anyone's visit a memorable one. My wife and I have eaten there periodically over the past 20 years, and we are always impressed! The Norwegian ambiance is fabulous, and must be experienced to gain a full appreciation of this part of mid-western culture.

• Visited June 2013
Illinois
“Wonderful Sunday Breakfast on the Farm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Thunder Valley Inn is a great choice for Sunday breakfast. There is a nice homey atmosphere, and the women that work here are friendly and delightful. If you are visiting the Dells, there is a good chance that you have children - this place is perfect for families. We walked around the grounds where we saw a peacock, some goats, and a duck - this would be a thrill for little ones. Only about a mile from downtown Wisconsin Dells, too.
The buffet includes pancakes, french toast, sausage patties, ham slices, potatoes, scrambled eggs, peppers, corn on the cob, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, fresh fruit, chocolate and almond cakes, cheddar cheese, goat cheese, strawberry rhubarb jam, cinnamon apples, and herring. All seemed like it was homemade, and very tasty. My favorite was the fresh bread - it was hidden under a napkin, so make sure that you find it!
The cost was $15, which is very reasonable for a smorgasbord.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank IlliniTrav
“Fantabulous Sunday brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I am so jealous of the people who live in this area and get to have brunch here regularly. The Swedish Smorgasboard was completely full of delicious items. From different cheeses to homemade strawberry rhubarb jam, from the most amazing French toast to fresh sweet corn, it was one of the best brunches I've ever had. A must try!

Visited September 2013