“HAD A GREAT TIME WE WILL BE BACK”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Menominee, Michigan
“HAD A GREAT TIME WE WILL BE BACK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2011

We spent Easter weeekend at THE GREAT WOLF and had a great time there is plenty to do loved the tornado slide we have kids ages 8, 9, and 13 they had tons of fun there is more activities geared for younger children but there is no way for older children to become bored unless they are too spoiled

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank poquette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Minocqua, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

The great wolf is a very nice place to stay with kids of all ages. There are many things to do. For ages 9 and up fo on the large water slides. For ages 8 and under go on the special ones for them. Anyone can fun becoming a master magi at majiquest. the beds are OK. The service is very helpful and kind. over all it is a gret place to stay.

La Grange Park, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2011

Its official we are addicted to the Great Wolf Lodge at the Dells! So glad with our last stay in August 2010, the hotel redeemed themselves from our prior stay in March 2010. We got the mini condo which is a better choice for us than the basic hotel room, beds were better, room was slightly larger, only disadvantage is that the condo was a little further than the regular hotel rooms/water park/lobby/MagiQuest, etc. Had the best burger of my life from the bar/restaurant off the lobby, yum yum yum. We brought the food back to our hotel room, the staff forgot to give us condiments. I was mad and didn't feel like walking back down to the lobby again. I took one bite of the burger and it was so delectable, I didn't need any condiments to eat it! I think the restaurant is called the Loose Moose Bar and Grill. Proximity from the hotel to the outlet mall is also nice, right across the parking lot (it is a big parking lot but nevertheless you don't have to cross a major highway). Would not stay anywhere else other than the GWL in the Dells.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Chicago Suburbs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2011

Stayed just two nights and had a cabana for a day, which was $150 and the fan was covered in so much dust and dirt we didn't even want to turn it on and in this age of technology there was 1 plug for our computer, phone charger, Ipod charger, etc. The room had someone elses clothes on the back of the door and for close to $500 a night I would think they would clean the room while you were there. We had someone knock on the door and ask if we needed towels and/or our garbage changed and that was the extent of our housekeeping services. It wasn't horrible, but nothing spectacular either !

1 Thank pejones120169
Technodad
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

The water park was nice with many options for younger kids, but our 13 year old got bored. We stayed two nights, and housekeeping was non-existent. The room was OK, but somewhat dated and well worn. The wireless internet was free, but it was so slow it was not very usable. We had a pretty good time, but had higher expectations.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Wheaton, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

I took my 2 boys 6 & 8 yrs old here this week for the first time. We had such a great time! It was so family-friendly. We stayed two nights which was perfect. My boys loved everything--even how the hotel and rooms had a lodge-y motif.

At first the waterparks were a bit overwhelming, but is that a bad thing? I was freaking when I could'n't find an empty table the first day but for our needs it was not necessary--I was with my children the whole time so lounging was really not an option for me anyway. I just parked my small bag and provided towels in a convenient spot. (I'm sure if I needed any pointers on scoring a table next time the staff could probably give me some ideas--they are so great!)

BTW, Like the previous poster, one of my sons is a autistic (albeit very high-functioning). We did not eat at any of the restaurants due to his extremely limited diet. But I did email ahead of time just to see if it would have been an option for us and they were very kind and willing to accomodate.

We can't wait to go back! :)

Hainesville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2011

This was our first time at Great Wolf and we had a great experience. Our son has autism and the lifeguarding staff (especially - Tonya) were so nice to him as well as very understanding. The setup of the Waterpark was great. I had read some reviews about troubles with cleanliness, but we had no troubles whatsoever. The room and the Great Wolf Lodge was very clean. It appears that many remodeling improvements have been made. I love the "book it" program that lets you lock in cheaper rates if you book for next year. We definitely took advantage of that. I have stayed at most of the Wisconsin Dells waterparks (except Kalahari) and Great Wolf is the best one that I have visited. Thank you to the entire GWL staff for a great vacation.

1 Thank Cubsin11