“Perfect for kids!”

Ranked #11 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, United States
“Perfect for kids!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We took our young kids to great wolf for Easter Weekend and it was great! We got there early and even though our room wasn't ready we were still able to check in. We went and did some shopping and within the hour they called us to tell us our room was ready and that we could go straight to our room. Our room was big enough for the kids to run around and play. Everything about the hotel was extremely kid oriented. They had face paintings, story time in the lobby, different crafts, an Easter egg hunt and so much more to keep my kids busy with stuff to do. The breakfast buffet was really good as well. My husband loved the made to order omelets they had at the buffet. The water park was also great. They measured the kids and put wristbands on them to see what slides they could go on and they offered life jackets, and the water park and arcade are right by the lobby so you don't have to walk to the other side of the hotel. Can't wait to go back!

1 Thank Becky S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights. My daughter's (3 and 8) had a blast. The water park is clean and geared towards children under 10. I wasn't too fond of the 3 separate play areas. Though they were all connected, the layout is horrible. Everything seemed too congested. The kids had fun in the arcade. It was nothing big and fancy, but the games they had were fun. My daughter also easily won stuff from several claw machines. Rooms were clean, but outdated. There were minor things I noticed, such as the wallpaper tearing off in both the upstairs and downstairs bathroom (we were in the loft). Housekeeping came by, but did a bad job at tucking in the sheets on 2 out of 3 beds. The 3rd bed wasn't touched at all. The floor also wasn't vacuumed. I didn't complain about it, since we were going to check out the next morning. We didn't eat at the on site buffet or restaurant, but having Starbucks right downstairs was a major plus. Overall, I wouldn't stay at this resort again. For the price I paid, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and I want to reassure you that the experience you had with our Housekeeping team is not customary for us and does not meet with the expectations we have in place.

As a valued guest, you will receive exclusive repeat guest discounts directly to your inbox that you can use on future stays to make a return trip more affordable. It is our sincerest hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf!

Western Springs, Illinois
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Went with our 7 yr old son with special needs (Down syndrome) and our 5 yr old son. In general, had a great time and like the compact nature of the hotel, restaurant and water park.

Areas for improvement
- don't have the wristbands that are used as your room key (just standard key cards - one more thing to remember and keep track of at the water park
- some areas of the water park felt like they could just be a little warmer (water and air temp)
- no valets - even though it isn't that big, it's just nice to have someone help you find your room that first time and help you with all your stuff.
-wish they could have had more ppl at checkout as there were lines during predictably busy times (and I did advance check in online and don't see how that saved any time onsite) but everyone was very nice and helpful.
- as with all the water parks, had to wear a wristband. Our son with Ds has some sensory sensitivities, so he put up a big fuss when we first put it on but then kind of forgot about it in the water ad eventually just complained about it a little here and there. If you had a child with extreme sensory issues you might want to ask if there is any alternative to wearing the wristband. (It's be cool if everyone could get a temp tattoo or something?)

Good stuff
Rooms were clean. Suggest you request one with a balcony (we were first given a 1st floor one - couldn't have enjoyed without our son wanting to run off at some point.) The water park is 3 different sections that are each a nice, compact size. We did the main part (at the entrance) our first visit and the kids kind of "imprinted" (couldn't help the YA lit wolf pun) on it. It was good because it was a perfect area for us - our son with Ds loved these little water slides and could independently walk around to the steps, choose from the 4 slides and come down. There were also two bigger slides for our more daring 5 year old. The negative - my husband and I would have liked to have spent more time in the other areas just for variety.
Overall layout of the place is very compact and easy to get around once you have your bearings.
We likes the second floor because it was just down the hall from the restaurant and coffee shop / ice cream shop and a quick elevator ride to the water park entrance.

Stayed April 2014
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I went recently to Great Wolf Lounge and let me say that I had an amazing time. The water park was very well watched by lifeguards and even got to find everything I needed at the shop inside the water park. I would totally recommend this hotel to any family members who enjoy a nice vacation with a big family. My younger cousins enjoyed story time and the free face painting as well as the arts and crafts! I also decided to become a child once again with them by doing all the activities again. Although it is a bit pricey, it's a very amazing experience! I would recommend to play Magiquest. Buying a wand is EXTREMELY worth it if you visit frequently. Magiquest is a great way to pass time and solve challenges that are hard yet very entertaining. Overall, I LOVED IT! First time there and I loved it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We visited GWL for 2 days this past week. Horrible experience. We had to call housekeeping to our room twice in the first day. The first time was when we first got in our room. There was a used toothbrush and goldfish crackers ALL over the floor. We asked for a new room since they obviously didnt clean very well the first time. Management assured me this was not the case.. That all there rooms are cleaned and disinfected very well.

2nd housekeeping visist came when we were getting ready for bed. I pulled out the couch for my son and nephew. The sheets were thrown all over the inside of the bed. Clearly used from the previous person. Housekeeping then took about 40 minutes to get to our room to change our sheets. Management came by to see what the issue was and the manager didnt apologize or anything to us. They came in, looked at the unmade bed, and left.

As for the waterpark, My son was being picked on by 3 kids the whole time we were there. I informed numerous lifeguards. One of the lifeguards came up to my son and threatened to kick him out of the waterpark because he witnessed my son splashing water at those kids. Not once was anything said to the other boys causing trouble.

Everytime I asked to speak with someone regarding my issues, they didnt care. At checkout, a nice manager, was very concerned about our experience. She offered me a free nights stay to try to make up for the bad experience. She said, "Your free night is in the mail. It expires after one year."

We'll see if we'll use it. We'll see.

1 Thank erin T
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells! I sincerely apologize for the experience you had and the service you received. I am glad a member of our team was able to try and make up for what you went through. It is our sincere hope that you will use your free night stay voucher to return and visit us again soon.

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf.

Fulton, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the Great Wolf Lodge. If you have children under the age of 10 (we brought an 8 month old, 3 1/2 year old, and 7 year old) they will love it. The indoor water park was amazing for the kids and had plenty to do. Every night there were crafts and activities, never a dull moment. Since it wound up snowing during our stay we did not get to go hit the town like we wanted to but enjoyed all the Lodge had to offer. We stayed in the Royal Bear suite (3 kids, 3 adults) and had plenty of space, good location to the amenities, and a nice deck. MagiQuest was also a great game for the kids to play (primarily the 7 year old, our toddler was pretty worn and cranky at this point) but she enjoyed it very much. The prices are steep, which is expected at a vacationing spot like the Dells. My ONE suggestion to anyone looking to stay here is to INVEST IN THE WOLF PASS. It is $60.00, but will be WELL worth it by the end of your stay. MagiQuest will end up being $32 a child (wand and game price) and the Wolf Pass includes this, an animal at creation station (which can be pricey) and other awesome discounts at local places (Knuckleheads, restaurants, etc). You are RIGHT next door to an AWESOME outlet mall, Knuckleheads, and plenty of restaurants. The downtown district is about 10 minutes away. Overall, we have no complaints, while we want to venture to a different resort on our next stay, we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book in advance for good discounts, you will receive an e-mail to upgrade to a better selection for...
Lone Rock, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I book my reservation back in Feb and our stay was in a condo 04/11 to 04/13. The value was great compared to the other places in the Dells, however don't leave your credit card open for charges when you check in. They charged me an extra 530.00 and told me it was an automatic charge when you leave your card open to charge. To me this is BS. What if I wouldn't have noticed it?!? They said it will take 3 to 5 days foe it to be returned!!! What kind of a policy is that??? No it was not disclosed at the time of our check in either!!! I will NEVER stay there again!!!!!

2 Thank Sherry P
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells! I apologize for the miscommunication and any inconvenience this has caused you.

With a multiple night stay, our team will charge the remaining balance to the card on file. We also put a nightly authorization hold on the card for incidental charges, which is released by Great Wolf Lodge the day you check out. However, it is up to your individual financial institution on when that hold is removed from your account, which is why we give a window of how long it can potentially take.

If you still have not seen the authorization drop from your account by 4/18, you will need to contact your financial institution so they can look into it on your behalf.

We hope you will stay with us again soon!