“Fun for the whole family!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We spent a weekend at the Great Wolf Lodge and had a wonderful time. The indoor waterpark was amazing! The lifeguards were incredibly attentive to the swimmers which was a great relief to this nervous mama of 3. I even managed to sneak away to the spa for a fantastic Elemis facial. The rooms were the perfect size for this family of 5. Customer service was a bit lacking but the kids didn't notice and that was why we were there. All in all a nice weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank AmySchlapkohl

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited last year for my daughters 20th birthday, in April, and again a week ago, the whole family loved it. He water park itself is small but it is private for those staying in the hotel, it would also be ideal for those with young children under 10. I have two older boys 13/16 they were less impressed with the water park but had fun with what they had, not great for thrills but if you are just looking to get wet this is the place.
When staying in the hotel you pay once to play the whole stay with magiquest which is a huge bonus for this geeked out family. Magiquest is a questing wizard game that uses a wand and sensors to guide you through a 4 level kingdom of items, creatures and boss fights. even if you aren't geeked out like our family and you can get past the silliness of the talking, it is basically a series of riddles to find the objects you need to complete each quest. It is very fun.
We have already made plans to go back.

Room Tip: When we went last year we rented a condo, I feel like I spent more renting the room and preparing fo...
2  Thank Jesquelyn
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We go this as a gift upgraded to the 2 room suite. We got the kids the paw pass and they loved it! The fact that we never had to leave to go to the water park or other activities made it nice. The story time in the lobby is a must see for all those young and old. We will be back.

Room Tip: Request the 2 room suite if you have little kids, makes your night soo much better!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visit Great Wolf at least once a year. The rooms are clean and well maintained, the staff is friendly and service oriented. The on site restaurants are pretty good-the brunch buffet is worth adding to the package. The waterpark itself is a little smaller than Wilderness and Kalahari, but less crowded too. I would give 5 stars, but for some minor issues. They converted a hot tub to a "family warming pool" which has resulted in it becoming a swimmy-diaper filled, lukewarm pool. There are plenty of other attractions for the under-4 crowd, so I don't see why they saw a need to do that. The other tub is for adults only, but is no use to our kids. Not a deal breaker, though. Will return again next year.

Room Tip: Go for a condo room when they are priced at the same point as the individual rooms (which is often)!
Reviewed 27 May 2014

OK, not my first choice of location to visit. We had been travelling all day and decided to visit The Dells. It was late at night when we arrived and seeing as no cabin rental offices were open we decided on Great Wolf Lodge having checked a few places.

OK it is not the Four Seasons, but it was comfortable and had an odd mix of bathroom with the main sink in the bedroom?? It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The price of 109 (ended up around 140something with the taxes....almost 50%????? oh I forgot the 19 dollar charge for admission to the water park, which we didn't use).

The hotel is shall we say on the large side. Would I stay here again? Errr.. Nope. As a place to rest my head it was fine. As a place to visit, errrr.... NEVER AGAIN!!!

It is a family vacation destination. My type of destination? Absolutely not!

I cannot say anything was wrong with this hotel, it simply is not my type of place. I am sure the massive waterpark is a big hit with kids. I saw many families enjoying themselves. If that is your "thing" I am sure you will have a blast.

AS for the Wisconsin Dells.. Tacky, tasteless, for me the most beautiful part is where the jet boat launches on the Strip. Rapids coming off a Hydro Dam, yet they put a chainlink fence around it and the place is over grown and unkempt. A simple park (for the massive taxes charged) should see that area improved completely.

The complete dominance of Mount Olympus Resorts on the "strip" with awful looking Motels, in tacky Greek themes (even though they have built a "Roman" hotel..(Rome)) which are reminiscent of someone who is Greek and trying to reproduce the worst part of any Greek experience..;)

I stayed one day, only for the beautiful (if built up) lake area there was no redeeming feature about The Dells.

Think Los Vegas on a budget (meaning a VERY small budget) or Blackpool in the UK without the lights and lots of tattoos...ahem

Sorry to digress on the Hotel, but in my opinion, The Dells and all hotels are intertwined.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells and sharing your feedback with us! I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the room layout of your suite or what the lodge had to offer. We offer a variety of suite styles, and some feature the sink and vanity outside of the bathroom but some have the vanity and sink in the bathroom area itself.

Thank you for choosing Great Wolf.

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We just returned from a 4 nt stay at Great Wolf Lodge in Wisc Dells. I have probably stayed here a dozen times from 1998 to the present. My overall opinion is that Great Wolf Lodge has gone from amazing & superior to just very good. I booked the kids cabin suite....it was dirty upon arrival- clothes from the previous occupants left in the dresser drawers, ketchup (or something like ketchup) splattered on the wall of the kid cabin. No extra toilet paper- just half a roll that was on the toilet paper dispenser so I had to ask for another roll. Batteries were dead in one of the tv remotes. The fireplace mantle and tv cubby had not been dusted in MONTHS....no exaggeration! Our room was not vacuumed daily as would be expected when staying at a resort for 4 nts so we had cracker/cookie crumbs on our floor.

On the plus side, the safety of the water park staff is admirable and as a parent I will say this is what is most important. The food at the Loose Moose is still as awesome as it ever was and fairly priced.

If I could give Great Wolf of Wisc Dells any advice, it would be to STEP UP ON THEIR HOUSEKEEPING & maybe LOWER THEIR PRICES A BIT. It is still a wonderful hotel but hast lost a bit of its luster, which is a shame. I feel it has ever so sloooowly gotten less detailed in its professionalism & it makes me wonder what will become of it in another 5-10 yrs. I considered it "my primary vacay spot" for years. I am now going to look at other resorts in the Dells. Best of luck to Great Wolf.

1  Thank 296Lisa1124
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells and sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate all of the comments we receive from our guests and use them as an opportunity to find ways to improve what we already have in place.

I hope you will stay with us again in the Dells soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We went back home to Wisconsin to visit my son and his family. We got a Majestic bear Suite with two separate rooms, it was perfect! We enjoyed the water park of course but there is so much more than we expected, like story time with characters, pic out a critter and they fill it for you with little outfits too (my granddaughter loved this- she got to push the pedal to fill the critter she picked) the sweet shop that had Starbucks coffee and latte's along with all kinds of goodies for young and old. The breakfast buffet was wonderful fresh made omelets to order, freshly made waffles with chocolate chips and anything else you might want. We had pizza that we were able to enjoy without leaving the water park, so we didn't have to tear the kids or adults from their suits! This was a wonderful experience. If I had to suggest one thing to change I would like to see a menu for the restaurant in the room which would make it easier to dine in. I was a bit worried pulling in that the hotel rooms would be noisy since the highway is right there and these suites all have balconies facing the highway, but we could not hear anything from inside the room, vaulted ceilings make rooms feel spacious, rooms were very clean and décor was perfect! I almost forgot to mention, the beds were very comfortable, we took the king and had one of the best nights sleep we have had in a hotel in quite awhile!

2  Thank mimi1971