“Best Place to stay with young kids”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We have a 5 year old and 18 month old. We just finished a 6 day stay at the Great Wolf Lodge. After looking at a few choices in the Dell's we decided on GWL because it looked to be very family friendly for younger kids. We were very happy with our choice. The waterpark had something for everyone. Our youngest loved slides as much as our older son did. The lifeguards are FANTASTIC--I've never seen a more vigilant group. Both our boys enjoyed going down to the lobby for other activities too. The staff were all friendly and we had a great time!

Room Tip: Sunday - Friday rates are cheaper and the resort is not as busy. Purchase a pup pass or a paw pass...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Joshua L

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was my first visit here with my family from 06-06-14 to 06-08-14. My 3 yr old, 11 month old, and 11 year kid had a blast. This resort is really made for kids 13 and under, so if you have older kids, look else where. First off, the rooms were really well cleaned,and the service was perfect from the beginning of my check in, to when I checked out. But the room I was in, was literally far from the waterpark. We were put in LOT# 7. Anybody put in this lot, is furthest from the waterpark, even though your staying on there resort. It literally took about 8 min to get to the park, walking the hallways, taking a elevator, and so on. Plus there are no maps anywhere in the hallway, that show were you are at. After we got situtaed we headed to the waterpark. It literally took about 15 min before we even saw a sign that said waterpark with a arrow pointing in the direction. My kids were getting tired of walking and I was getting upset. We finally reached are destination. But trying to walk back to the room was another mission. The same thing. No signs of maps anywhere to show where I was at. That is the only thing I could say needs improvement at this resort. More maps and next time I will not be staying so far from the waterpark. Oh and ask for a room that has a patio if your staying during the summer. That way you can relax outside on a nice night and enjoy a few cock tails.

Room Tip: Ask which room you will be staying in. And ask for a patio, if your going during the summer. If they...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mrrc1982
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We greatly appreciate you sharing the feedback from your visit to Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells! I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying in the Condo Wing of our resort. I will share your concerns about more instructional signage with our Management team for review.

When guests check-in, they are given a Lodge Life pamphlet that has a map of the resort along with necessary information to make your Great Wolf Lodge stay easier.

If you would like to minimize the amount of walking you have to do in the resort, I would recommend reserving a Family Fireplace Suite and requesting to be on the second or third floors. It is then a relatively short walk and an elevator ride down to the waterpark, or a quick jaunt down the stairs if everyone is really excited.

I hope you find this information useful and we look forward to hosting your family again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations

Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We have been here many time over the past years and had a very food time. The only thing that got to me was the smell of the chlorine from the pool area.. I just have a sensitive nose... it is a good thing to know they are keeping the pool clean.. the staff that work there are very nice and informative. We love to fo ro these places in the winter to get a break feom the long ones her in Green Bay WI. This place is big and has one of the best indoor water parks we all think..

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Stacey B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We brought our 4 year old and 7 month old to great wolf on valentines day weekend and had an amazing time. They do everything to cater to the kids to take some of the pressure off the parents. We decided to come here when a groupon popped up which made it much more affordable but I would imagine we will be back even if it's at full price. We had a standard room which was just ok but overall it was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank todddonat
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We spent a weekend at the Great Wolf Lodge and had a wonderful time. The indoor waterpark was amazing! The lifeguards were incredibly attentive to the swimmers which was a great relief to this nervous mama of 3. I even managed to sneak away to the spa for a fantastic Elemis facial. The rooms were the perfect size for this family of 5. Customer service was a bit lacking but the kids didn't notice and that was why we were there. All in all a nice weekend.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank AmySchlapkohl
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited last year for my daughters 20th birthday, in April, and again a week ago, the whole family loved it. He water park itself is small but it is private for those staying in the hotel, it would also be ideal for those with young children under 10. I have two older boys 13/16 they were less impressed with the water park but had fun with what they had, not great for thrills but if you are just looking to get wet this is the place.
When staying in the hotel you pay once to play the whole stay with magiquest which is a huge bonus for this geeked out family. Magiquest is a questing wizard game that uses a wand and sensors to guide you through a 4 level kingdom of items, creatures and boss fights. even if you aren't geeked out like our family and you can get past the silliness of the talking, it is basically a series of riddles to find the objects you need to complete each quest. It is very fun.
We have already made plans to go back.

Room Tip: When we went last year we rented a condo, I feel like I spent more renting the room and preparing fo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jesquelyn
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We go this as a gift upgraded to the 2 room suite. We got the kids the paw pass and they loved it! The fact that we never had to leave to go to the water park or other activities made it nice. The story time in the lobby is a must see for all those young and old. We will be back.

Room Tip: Request the 2 room suite if you have little kids, makes your night soo much better!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple