“not happy with resort”

Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“not happy with resort”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked 6 condos for our annual family vacation because of the water park and activities for our young grandchildren. After checking in we had to request housekeeping because two of the units had filthy bathrooms - urine on the toilet and floors covered in hair and dust. Our unit smelled like strong cooking smells - maybe curry.
we asked that the condo be fabreezed. One smelled of smoke.
three had patios with ash containers that were over filled with cigarettes. Housekeeping did come quickly when we called them the first day but the daily cleaning was terrible. The carpet was never vacuumed. We found candy stuck to the couch. I wiped off the bathroom counter everyday because it wasn't done by the staff. The grout in the bathroom tile was brown - it was so dirty that the white grout was brown.
We had an infant and several small children and weren't comfortable with them playing on the floor.
We ate at the restaurant once. Of the 8 of us that had lunch, not one got their correct order plus service was slow and we always had to looki for the waitress.

We did enjoy the water park and the little girls had fun with their mothers at the kids spa. But because of the lack of cleanliness we will be looking for a different resort at the Dells next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank WisM2014
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells and sharing your feedback with us! I am terribly sorry for the state of some of your condo suites, but I am glad our Housekeeping team responded quickly to your concerns.

I will share your overall concerns with our Management team to follow-up on with the respective department heads.

We hope that you will stay with us again next year!

Great Wolf Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
Zimmerman, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was our second trip to the Dells. Last year we stayed at a motel for a very modest sum. I was a little underwhelmed by the stay so I figured we'd spend more on our lodgings. You get what you pay right?

I couldn't have been happier with the decision to go here. We got a deal online for the Wolf Den room, so we saved some money right away. Our seven year old daughter and two year old son had a blast with their own little bunk bed area.

The Water park was very fun. We stayed four nights and never used another water park. Great Wolf is perfect for the younger kids.

I've seen complaints about the staff, but everyone we dealt with was awesome! One of the lifeguards welcomed us into the park and asked our daughter how the stay was going. He helped her muster up the courage to ride the Howlin' Tornado. When we were leaving a couple of hours later he was still at the door. I didn't think he'd remember us with all the swimmers coming and going, but sure enough he asked if we tried the ride and if we liked it. Very cool Mason!!! I'm sorry, we met other great lifeguards but didn't catch all their names.

I've seen complaints about not allowing the tubes in the wave pool... I don't have a problem with this, as the pool is too small to allow multiple tubes in the area.

The only issue that arose during our stay was housekeeping. Again, everyone was nice. It just seemed that every morning I was going to the front desk for a coffee packet, cup, or garbage bag. Stuff that gets restocked every day. This wasn't a big deal since our room was 30 seconds from the front desk.

Noise seems to be a big complaint here. I think we lucked out in our location, because expected running noises up and down the hallway never came.

We will be back. Great staff, restaurant, water park, location, and very kid friendly!

4 Thank couchsitta
Stet, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was underwhelmed by this hotel....not sure what I was expecting but when we arrived we were greeted by a line at the front desk for check in. It was around 5pm, so I'm sure it was a "busy" time, but there were only two girls visible to help with the check in process and one was on the phone standing at a back office area the whole time. The other poor girl was helping the other guests that were checking in or asking questions or making ticket/item/whatever purchases. And there were six (I counted while I was standing there waiting) computers visible behind the desk, supposedly for the purpose of checking guests in.....anyway, after we finally got checked in and drove around to the other side of the hotel to find our room, I was less than impressed with our room. We booked online and I was glad I didn't pay the full rate because the room was just a typical 2-bed hotel room, nothing impressive really. It was clean.
The water park was nice, I didn't have any complaints about it. I guess that's what you're really paying all the money for, not the hotel room but the use of the water park. I do think they should stay open until 10pm, rather than closing at 9pm, but I guess they are trying to cater to a younger crowd and trying to keep teens out, which I get. The late check out of 11am was a nice perk, as the kids could go to the water park in the morning again before we left.

4 Thank Courtney P
Courtney, we greatly appreciate the feedback from your stay and I will share your review with our Guest Services team to review. We are always looking for ways to improve what we already have in place, and guest feedback such as yours, allows us to know where we stand when looking for areas of opportunity.

I understand where you are coming from in regards to the operating hours of the waterpark, and I will share this with our Aquatics team to discuss internally. The current hours of operation are set to allow guests to enjoy the other activities we provide later in the evening, such as Story Time, MagiQuest and the arcade. We also want to make sure we give ourselves ample time for cleaning at the end of each operating day, as well as following all safety procedures for closing the park. By making sure we are consistent with our closing duties, we are able to open on time the following morning for guests to start playing as early as 9am during the summer!

We hope to have your pack back soon!

Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our 4th time to Great Wolf and our kids have always had a great time. They have ample numbers of life guards and it is very clear that safety is a top priority. Our only concern was that we felt the cleanliness of the rooms has slipped over time. I do feel that this water park is geared a little more towards younger kids (up to say 13-15 years old). Staff was friendly at all times we encountered them.

1 Thank Runs2much
Cresskill, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Brought my nieces and nephew from a groupon purchase. Came with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Got checked in early so we were able to get organized and down to the pool area for several hours of fun. Life guards amazing. They really are focused on the children. Don't take their eyes off of them. Lodge very clean and staff quite helpful. Wouldn't come here without children! Only issue which has nothing to do with the lodge are loser parents who don't teach their children to be respectful and courteous. Wait in line and wait your turn.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank DonnaLynnSherry
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We are staying in the black bear condo. It sleeps 8 but only has enough drawers for 6. Someone has to live out of a suitcase. The closets only have 3 hangers each. One bathroom for 8 people is rediculious. The kitchen dosnt have all it should for cooking needs so bring your kitchen with you. They changed out the couches while we were here and the mess under the couch was horrible. House keeping needs to work on that for sure. There are large ripples in the carpets throughout our condo my kids keep tripping. It has a lot of things to do within the property but they are super expensive. Offering at least one free breakfast would be nice for the condo guest due to the price we pay to stay. They should really work on some of these issues.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Mamavon
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for visiting Great Wolf Lodge – Wisconsin Dells and sharing your feedback about your suite with us! I apologize for the issues you had with your condo suite and will share it with our Housekeeping team. Our condo suites are a home away from home for our guests, and we want to make sure we are properly equipped to handle their needs.

We hope to host your family again soon!

Ham Lake
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our 1st Foreign Exchange student has returned to visit us for 6 weeks. Her stay is now halfway over. On her bucket list is water parks. Great Wolf delivered with great rooms, superior service,, perfect off highway access & plenty of wet/wild fun at their water park! I hesitated on going & was contemplating staying at another. However, during reading reviews, we wanted warm water. WIN! It's an adventure finding all 3 inside water park rooms. NOTE: The outside water park closes at 7:00pm. We almost missed it. The inside water park closes at 9:00pm, so plan accordingly.

Room Tip: Book early. Less expensive rooms book up fast.