“Had a great time!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #13 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed 8 August 2005

My husband and I took our boys ( ages 7 & 12) to the Great Wolf for an extended weekend. We all had a blast! The boys loved the waterparks, especially the slides and the huge bucket that dumps 70 gallons of water on you. For a small fee ($10 for 3 climbs), they also got a chance to do rock climbing in the outdoor waterpark. Wiley Woods was also fun for all of us. There is so much to keep the kids busy that there really isn't any reason to leave the lodge. My seven year old especially like the Clock Tower show.

Our room was very nice. We stayed in a Royal Bear Suite which had more than enough room for all of us. We also had a big balcony where we would spend the evening sitting and relaxing.

The restaurant and cafe had good food, but a little pricey. There was also a Pizza Hut inside Wiley Woods.

The only problem that we encountered was with housekeeping. The only thing they did was make the beds each day. I had to call the front desk to have them come back and empty our garbage and replenish our coffe, but no one ever did come.

Overall, we had a pleasant experience staying here and would recommend the Great Wolf to our family and friends. We are looking forward to returning next year.

7  Thank Itsafamilyaffair
Write a ReviewReviews (3,706)

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2005

We stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge 2 days after staying at the Kalahari 3 days in June with our 2 kids and another party of 5. We were checked in promptly and at the same time were enjoying the activities going on in the lobby. I must admit the GWL rooms do not compare to the Kalahari's for the same price but we did enjoy all the activities while there and did get a room on the first floor. The life gaurds were not as attentive as they were at the Kalahari but never the less were still doing their job. We did not get to enjoy the outdoor water park due to the weather but enjoyed every minute at the indoor park and slides. We all had a blast at the Wiley Woods. I know the 3 adults had more fun than the kids in our party did, and so did the 3 teenagers. I do not see how children would not have a good time there unless they have parents who don't play with them. The Cub Club had many craft activities throughout the day even though we did not take advantage of any of them since it was a bit higher than the Kalahari. We really enjoyed the clock tower and story time. There was construction going on but it did not interfere with the resort guests at all as told in other reviews I have read. I would recommend getting the souvenier packages that are available. These include coupons for breakfast, and fudge and the food is wonderful! The restaurant was not overly priced as other reviews claim since all the Dells area other than Wal-Mart have the same or higher prices. Overall we give the Great Wolf Lodge an outstanding rating for catering to families, especially with younger kids. We will definately be back again from Houston and would reccomend this resort to anyone looking to stay in the Dells especially with children!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 July 2005

I must admit I was a little scared after reading a few reviews, but listen to me, they are all wrong! The rooms were a good size, we stayed in the double queen sofa suite. Housekeeping was great every day when we left we came back to a clean room with pleanty of towels. The indoor waterpark was great, plenty of life guards on duty and working. The kids liked the outdoor waterpark, but the water was too cold for me. Even my 12 year old loved Great Wolf and he typically don't like anything. Everyone we came in contact with was great(I mean the workers) except for the guy at the food stand in the indoor waterpark, the one that is right by the door to go outside, I even went to the other food stand in between the two indoor waterpark areas just to avoid this mean guy. But overall great stay, the smaller kids (2, 4, 7) loved the clock tower and the guy reading the stories in the lobby. If anyone from Great wolf reads this the best staff was in Big Bear Cafe(the brownies and cinnamon rolls are good) they were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2005
13  Thank ddee320
Reviewed 21 July 2005

This hotel is the worse I have ever stayed at. There are about ten problems wrong with this hotel.
1. The food at the Wolf is WAY overpriced. I mean a hamburger for $10.00. Pretty dingy huh.
2. The so called " rooms " the hotel offers are VERY small. This is what our room had: two queen beds, a mirror, a TV, fridge and that is it. And, we only got about five channels on the TV.
3. My kids ages 2, 6, 11 thought the hotel was really boring. EVEN THE WATERPARK. My 11 year old took a friend and his friend was so bored, he ended up calling his mom to take him home early.
4. Wiley's Woods is a joke. My kids were bored in two minutes. Maybe they are used to big waterparks, but Wiley's Woods is a new experince for them.
5. Staff is so rude. Manager yelling at front desk clerk, rude. I do not tolerate yelling.
6. Housekeeping VERY slow. When we came back from the waterpark one day, all housekeeping did was make the beds.
7. Lifegaurds are rude. They talk to other lifegaurds, friends mabye, my son and his friend sat up there for a minute and a half waiting to go down the waterslide.
Well, maybe only seven problems, but that is alot. I WILL NEVER BE STAYING HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 July 2005

My hauband and I took our children ages 4, 6, and 9 here for our 1st family vacation. I spent months online reading reviews and determining where would be the best place for us to stay. We could not have been any happier with our choice. We were given a free upgrade to a fireplace suite upon arrival and the check in went quickly. Our room was great and the balcony was wonderful. The entire staff at the waterpark were friendly and helpful. My 4 year old daughter especially enjoyed the small slide kiddie area indoor and was on a 1st name basis with most of the lifegaurds. They loved the water room with the giant bucket as well. As a note I am a special education teacher and this resort would be well suited to someone who had a child in with physical limitations who still wanted the waterpark experience. the waterroom has water flowing and many easy to reach handles to pull and spray with at ground level. The kids loved Wiley's Woods and we went each day and saved the tickets they earned for the arcade. At the end of the week we turned them all in at once. Even the staff in there was great. The girl at the counter "overestimated" our ticket count to ensure all three of our kids could earn the prizes they were going for. The Cub Club had many craft activities throughout the day. We were too busy to partake, but it was a nice option say if the wheather had been bad. The kids took the wolf walk in the morning to learn about the animals and they really enjoyed the clock tower and story time. Overall we give the Wolf Lodge an outstanding rating for catering to families, especially with younger kids. We will definately be back again and would reccomend this resort to anyone looking to stay in the Dells!

• Stayed: June 2005
16  Thank Colette B
Arlington Heights, IL
Reviewed 5 July 2005

What a great place! My husband, daughter, son-in-law, and 2 grandsons (5+1) stayed here the 4th of July weekend. I was so impressed I had to write a review because I rely on Trip Advisor reviews and they have always been accurate. I was a little worried when I made my daughter change our reservations from Chula Vista, after reading reviews of that resort, to The Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells. We were so happy to see this beautiful resort when we arrived. We stayed in the Royal Bear Suite and it worked out wonderfully for our extended family. The room was clean, well equipped and even had a great balcony. As this was my first time in a waterpark (my daughter and family are old pros), I couldn't believe how much fun we had. The waterslides are great fun and the whole resort was well staffed. To the person, the staff were always smiling, always helpful, and most of all always vigilant to the small children. I just know that they made the parents feel good about the safety of their children. Excellent service!

They have something for everyone. Lots of activities for the kids (if they want) and the restaurants are very good and again the staff is excellent.

Knowing that this 4th of July weekend would be the busiest, made it even more incredible to receive the level of service we enjoyed from the entire staff. I would love to go back!
Don't hesitate to try this great resort!

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 July 2005

We just came back from the Great Wolf Lodge and the kids had a terrific and memorable time. However, Great Wolf Lodge should have a designated parking area for guests only as this water park is open to the public and it was difficult to find an open space to park. Also, we stayed in the Kids Cabin room which was fantastic but the mattress' were not comfortable.. another improvement for management to think about. With these being our 2 issues/concerns, we would return as the memories that were created for the children were outstanding. Especially the kids want to try out the new wave pool when it is completed.

• Stayed: June 2005