Great Wolf Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)
Wilderness Resort(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Dell Creek Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Glacier Canyon Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
View Hotel
Kings Inn Motel(Wisconsin Dells)
3,837 results
All reviewsmagic questwater parkclock tower showdance partyhowling tornadowave poolall ageslife guardsoutlet mallolder kidsa lot of funfamily vacationwhole familyyear oldsfamily suiteroom keykids love
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2005

I was dissapointed with this hotel. Not clean, mold in the shower, in a fireplace suit. There were no water slides outside all under contruction that was our view. Would have been nice to know before I made reservations. The wolf never showed up and the desk help was terrible. Late check in. Food way to high, my kids couldn't even eat the pizza, bad. There was vomit all over in front of the reastruant in the mourning. yuk. I would not recommend this hotel. Find another. The price is way to high.

3  Thank mksmom97
Reviewed 1 September 2005

The last day of the high tourist season in the Dells (Sat August 20th) we stayed at the Great Wolf Lodge. I read the reviews online before we left and because the one person said they had 5 channels on tv we brought some dvds and our portable dvd player. We didn't need it. The tv channels are the same as any other hotel, (I dunno 20? the usual amount) but we were all having so much fun there was no time for tv.

It would have been a PERFECT STAY if it were not for inefficient staff at check in. With three computer terminals and at least 20 people in line at 1:30pm for "early" check in, the staff averaged 7minutes a person to get through the line. Two were on the computers, and one supervisor from "another property" stood behind the two "observing. " Check in was OUTRAGEOUSLY SLOW, but when we left on Sunday checkin for those people had guests lined up outside the door (twice as long as the hour and half I waited.) To me this is unacceptable. I've been stranded at hotels with mass flight cancelations and have never seen such ineptitude at checking people in who even had prior reservations IN ALL MY LIFE.

Other than that, my daughter (7yr) and son (11 1/2yr old) had the time of their life. The hotel has constant activities geared to 12 and under (not sure a thirteen year old would be as thrilled unless friends came along, but a twelve year old DEFINATELY) We only wished we had more time.

The onsite waterpark a big plus to staying here. They plan to double this by 2006, so most likely next year it would enthrall teenagers too. The teens I saw mainly went on the tornado over and over again. I know that because we went on it as a family at least four times. It was very fun but over too quick, so you have to "do it again."

I felt very safe here letting my two kids go where they wanted (TOGETHER)without having to keep a constant eye on them.

Their story hour was on par with a disney experience and my seven year old felt like a queen staying here as she's never had so many things geared just for her age. (My son skipped this, but was none too disappointed with their game room.)

Wiley's Woods was even fun for me. (Lots of activity there, definately a must do especially since it's free to guests.) The water rides are mainly run by less than enthusiatic teenagers, but the people they hire to keep things clean do a bang up job around the waterpark.

I debated staying at Treasure Island, but since it is open to the public (MT Olympus) I think we made a wise decision because it was never too crowded even though the hotel was full.

The last time I stayed at the Dells, my son was two years old. We stayed in Portage trying to save money at a two star hotel, but with all the things to do at the Dells, we spent more money then than I did this time at a higher priced resort.

I will definately consider returning to the Great Wolf Lodge, especially since they are doubling the water park for 2006 which looks like it will hold the interest of teenagers too.

Great Wolf has a lot to offer families looking for a place that has everything. I feel that the room is priced about $40 higher than it needs to be, but if they don't raise prices in 2006, it would be a great value.

10  Thank Riss
Reviewed 26 August 2005

Me and my husband got a wonderful suite at the Great Wolf Lodge for our Anniversary. The hotel is gorgeous, so much beautiful wood found through out the hotel, you feel like you are at an oversized upscale cabin. My favorite part of the hotel was the Tornado. I have never been on anything like that before! I couldn't stop going. It was scary and such a rush. It is the best water slide i have ever been on. I would stay at the hotel just to go on that again!

• Stayed: July 2005
8  Thank butterbee33
A TripAdvisor Member
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 18 August 2005

We actually went to the Dells to just go to Noahs ark, but it started to rain so at the last minute we went to Great Wolf Lodge. We got a wonderful room, and I couldn't believe how much there was to do for all of us. Even if we wanted to get out of the water for awhile we go into Wily's woods. We had dinner there too really good food & not badly priced either.
We all had so much fun there we make a trip up there every summer now. We have had a few different rooms now and they are always clean and well decorated. Try it once & you will keep going back too!

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 August 2005

Just returned from the Great Wolf, agree with a lot of things - already posted. We have an 8 year old boy and he enjoyed the water park and didn't have any complaints so based on that we would probably stay again. But for the price you pay, little things make a big difference. 1) Hotel Rooms - Clean = OK/Good. One day our beds were just made, coffee pot wasn't cleaned, no new coffe, no new plastic cups and less towels than the day before.

The hotel isn''t made the best. Every night we could hear people running and I mean running down the halls or in their room from upstairs. Even my little guy complained. You could also hear people taking showers - can't stand that. People walking down the halls were very loud late in the evening/early in the morning.

Security - the outside doors do not lock until 10:00 p.m. I was very uncomfortable with this. If you have a key access system - use it all the time -- why this isn't being done I don't know.

Hotel is very expensive. They wanted $2.11 for two (2) Alieve pills. They did not have any glass band holders for eye glasses and no newspaper with your room -- like the Kahalari.

Didn't have any problem with the construction, but rides weren't as great as the Kahalari. Pool area had tables with messes (shame on you people who leave a table of french fries and ketchup all over the table). The mess wasn't cleaned up as quickly as Kahalari. Also, really only chairs to sit on, only a handful of lounge chairs.

Staff was nice, people would pass you in the halls and say hello. Breakfast buffet was nice. Drinks were expensive - $7.50 each. $2.50 for a large starbucks coffee. In Milwaukee it is $1.91 with tax for a Venti - which is large than this large.

Free computer use in the lobby to check your email!

All and all, my husband and I would probably not want to go back, but since our son liked the hotel it is possible we would - but we would probably try the wilderness before coming back.

This hotel is geared to families, but more of a younger age group. - 9 and under for sure.

12  Thank wfbdoglover