“relaxing getaway”

White Rose Inns
Rochester, Minnesota
“relaxing getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I stayed for the weekend in the "Gardner's Room" and had a great, relaxing time. The room was spacious, clean and up to date. I had mentioned it was our anniversary when I booked and there was a bottle of champagne in the room when we arrived! A very thoughtful extra. The property is walking distance to downtown Dells which took away the frustration of trying to park downtown! Breakfast both mornings was delicious and enjoyed on their beautiful patio. We had a great time and would love to go back sooner than later.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cacepr01

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

I had the weekend to myself after dropping off my son at Boy Scout camp. I booked myself into the Sherman House B&B, part of the White Rose Inn property, and was able to get the SAGE ROOM. This was awesome. I was able to walk into the downtown area of the Dells and at the same time relax. I would highly recommend this B&B. I toured all 3 of the B&B's on this property and none of them would be a bad choice. The breakfast was awesome.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank afanoftravel
Anthem, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

I like B&B's and this one looked great online. It was good, we expected great, and were disappointed. We stayed in the "Loft" which appeared newly redone. The place was nice and the people friendly. The location was great, just off main street and was close to lots of restaurants, bars, and shopping.

The bed was about a foot off the ground but was comfortable. The bedspread was beautiful velvet but upon closer inspection was pretty gross with lots of stains. :p The view was supposed to be amazing. It was, if you were laying in bed. The windows were all at waist height (at the top of the window.) Not as great for viewing the lake if you were not in bed.

The food was ok and there is no option to have it delivered to your room. We missed breakfast the first morning and felt bad. Upon having breakfast the next morning we didn't feel as though we missed anything by going to IHOP the day before. There were 4 options, no 3 because the person who made the quiche was out, and no meat on the menu. Perhaps this is well known, but my husband was not real impressed.

The hot tub in the room was nice and we had a nice soak. An interesting quality about the bath is that there are shutters near the tub that opens it to the bedroom. If you don't close them and are not intimately aware of your partners bathroom habits, you will be after staying in this room.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tulipgirl74
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

I hosted our 3rd annual weekend dance event for my 32 dance students, all being couples. The staff was amazing, very friendly, extremely accommodating, and exceeded our expectations of the weekend! I'm a breakfast person and they have the best! I drop off gift baskets in my students' rooms every year. Each room has a cozy feel and are all very unique and charming. We stayed in Lily's Room this year, and it's definitely worth treating yourself to! I can't speak highly enough about everything! Thank you White Rose Inns and staff for taking care of my dance students and making our weekend and past ones unforgettable. We'll be back!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mydancecoach
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2010

I've been coming to the White Rose B&B regularly since 2005. I have never stayed in the motel, which I'm sure is nice, it's always booked. Have always stayed in the B&B. Great location, right off the river, a block or two to town. The folks who run the place could not be nicer. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. Stayed in three rooms during my visits. The River View, The Seville, & Lily's Room. Comfy beds in quaint rooms. Lily's Room is the plaza suite at The White Rose, highly recommended for a romantic weekend. Fireplace, gigantic jacuzzi, private balcony, and a plush king size bed. Well worth the price.

The breakfast part of the B&B is all vegetarian. If you need a pork fix there's plenty of places to walk to, but no meat is served at the White Rose. Which is fine. The food is excellent!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank TWM1961
Green Bay, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

Thank you so much to the staff at the White Rose Motel in for being so accomodating.

We called for a last minute reservation on a very busy weekend, and they were able to squeeze us in at a very low rate!

The rooms are pretty basic... nothing noteworthy. I would say what really set this place apart was their warm customer service and the extreme value.

The location is great. You can leave your car at the motel and walk to the downtown shopping and restaurants.

There was only one negative aspect to our stay... late-night partiers. It seemed like our room was right in the middle of the other rooms that wanted to run around and scream at three in the morning. Since there is one porch that runs in front of all the motel rooms, it literally sounded like they were in the room with us. I can't fault the management for this, though. Once I yelled at the loud people twice, they finally quieted down.

In summary, we had a great time and I would love to come back and try the B&B. Booking at this motel saved us a lot of money.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank ChipmunkTravelors
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

Very nice room. Stayed in Lily's Room, definitely worth the extra money, don't forget to use the Dells coupon book to get a free night. Massages were nice too. The location is great but the surroundings aren't beautiful (pretty standard for the Dells, I think). I'd definitely stay here again. The breakfast is great, vegetarian, and the staff are very friendly. We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again, though we probably won't ever visit the Dells again (tourist trap town).

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple