“More Like A Hotel!”

Ranked #10 of 15 Wisconsin Dells B&B and Inns
Heaven3600
“More Like A Hotel!”
Reviewed 16 August 2008

If you are looking for a REAL B & B, this is not it! Your breakfast is severed away from your room, and you walk to it and eat outside. You order off a menu, ONLY ONE ENTREE! This is just like a Hotel. The rooms and house smells like mold. It is not clean. The carpet in halls are so dirty. The King bed we got, was as old as my Grandma's. They tried to put a pillow top on it, instead of a new mattress. It was not good! This is the worst B&B we have stayed at. We had NO wash cloths! We would NEVER stay here again. Did I mention the bugs in our bed!!!

Stayed August 2008
2 Thank Heaven3600

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2008

We stayed in the motel property of the White Rose Inn. We were very happy during our stay and recommend the motel rooms as being very clean with nice amentities such as a large refrigerator and a microwave and excellent air conditioning. The free wi-fi access was great also.

• Liked — Room Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Long walk to upstair rooms.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Marie715
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 4 August 2008

My wife and I stayed at the White Rose Inn for one evening. The location was excellent, with walking distance to downtown and the Wisconsin River and a close drive to waterparks. We weren't expecting something this good in a town known for its kitchiness - we were very pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Dell View Room in the Sherman House. A great room with an in room jaccuzi (which we used to relax after a long day at the park). The room was clean and the bed was comfortable with great view of the river. We were pleased. In the morning, we had a delicious breakfast on the patio. All in all, a really excellent B&B.

• Liked — Overall, an excellent property.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelsforBiznPleas
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 4 August 2008

I stayed in the Terrace Hill B&B last night. A nearby motel cancelled my reservation because I did not arrive by 2:30! After trying to find a room at 5 or 6 local motels, I lucked out and stumbled across the White Rose. They had one room available, and I grabbed it. I felt like I'd hit the jackpot! The room was great, the amenities were well above & beyond what I'd expected, and the staff was incredibly warm and friendly. I even found the price of the room to be very reasonable- just slightly higher than the rates of the very basic motels nearby. I would never consider staying anywhere else in Wisconsin Dells- The White Rose has earned a new loyal customer!

• Liked — The entire facility was beautiful, and the staff was wonderful.
  • Disliked — I can't think of a single negative. I was completely happy with my stay.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank BRYNCELYN
New Jersey
Reviewed 8 July 2008

If you're looking for a clean, simple room (with emphasis on CLEAN) this is it. Not to mention price was great, location was also a plus. Walking distance to shops, restaurants and some attractions. Other reviewers made comments about no phone, it's the cell phone age, who needs a phone? No, you won't find choco. on your pillow at night or an animal made from the bath towels, but you're not paying for that service either. Found the room very comfortable and the staff very friendly. Also, if you do stay, next to motel is hot dog stand - must try!

• Liked — I liked everything about this place.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank smm531
Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2008

My husband and I stayed in the motel June 20-23, 2008. The front desk staff was very pleasant. I wouldn't recommend staying in this motel if you're looking for a great room. The room was a little run down and didn't smell fresh.

The price was good, the pool looked OK but we didn't use it, and the location is good. The bed and breakfast rooms look pretty nice.

We experienced a little vandalism - our car was damaged in the motel parking lot. I can't hold the motel responsible for this, but it didn't help our impression of the White Rose.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Old_Bride
Minneapolis
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We stayed for an anniversary trip and had a great experience with the White Rose. We booked the Blue Room through their website and were able to use a "buy two, get one night free" with the Wisconsin Dells coupon book and we saved quite a bit of money.

Our room was comfortable. The mattress was a little lumpy and the pillows were a bit flat, but other than that, the room was well worth the price. Breakfast was fabulous, they have a couple of different options that you can choose from and then it is freshly prepared for you - I've never experienced this at a B&B before, and it was nice that they catered to your time schedule and desires.

Staff were friendly and accomodating. The pool looked nice, and there were plenty of people using it, but we never got a chance. The grounds are nicely kept as well. The location is superb - one block off the main drag.

Probably the only draw back that we experienced was on Saturday night when the River Walk restaurant across the street had live music from 8p-12a. The music was loud (it must've been outdoors) and, to be honest, we probably would've been extremely upset had we not brought a white noise machine on our own. Other than that small issue, we would definitely stay there again!

• Liked — Free wi-fi, fabulous breakfast, location.
  • Disliked — Music from the bar/restaurant across the street.
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple